Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Mother and Son Caught Racing On Mother's Day

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Same in Tampa area. Nobody drives anywhere near the speed limit, in any lane. And sooooooo many idiots behind the wheel doing most everything 'cept paying attn to driving.
There’s a bill in our legislature here in MI to make it illegal to have a cell phone in your hand while driving. I know some other states already have this law. Hopefully it becomes law and will have some effect. I ride motorcycles and don’t want to become a statistic due some a’hole not paying attention. I’m always on the defensive but damn near got rear ended a few years back from someone not paying attention.

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
There’s a bill in our legislature here in MI to make it illegal to have a cell phone in your hand while driving. I know some other states already have this law. Hopefully it becomes law and will have some effect. I ride motorcycles and don’t want to become a statistic due some a’hole not paying attention. I’m always on the defensive but damn near got rear ended a few years back from someone not paying attention.
Years ago I LITERALLY was on my way to my last physical therapy appointment for injuries sustained in a not-at fault car accident when I was rear ended on my motorcycle but a clueless teenager who was on the phone and rolled right into me. She was STILL on the phone when I got off my bike and told her to hang her fucking phone up while I called the police. The responding officer easily got her to admit it and cited her...didn't do me any good as far as resetting my recovery though!

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Years ago I LITERALLY was on my way to my last physical therapy appointment for injuries sustained in a not-at fault car accident when I was rear ended on my motorcycle but a clueless teenager who was on the phone and rolled right into me. She was STILL on the phone when I got off my bike and told her to hang her fucking phone up while I called the police. The responding officer easily got her to admit it and cited her...didn't do me any good as far as resetting my recovery though!
Damn. Glad you were ok. All I heard were squealing tires and I just braced myself. Luckily the person stopped. I honestly doubt it’ll do much good because my guess is the only time it’ll be enforced is after they cause an accident.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
We have that law in NY....(it doesn't work)

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
We have that law in NY....(it doesn't work)
Not surprised. Good intentions but the cops have better things to do than pull people over for having a phone in their hand.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Not surprised. Good intentions but the cops have better things to do than pull people over for having a phone in their hand.
Distracted driving..(cell phones)..is a huge problem here..and gettin worse every day...

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Distracted driving..(cell phones)..is a huge problem here..and gettin worse every day...
Everywhere. ☹️

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Ohio just enacted this law a few weeks back with a 90 day grace period, it is now a primary offense, so you can be pulled over for it but good luck with that since the cops here are on their phones just as much! Oh, that's right, they're probably exempt:mad:

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #29
It's not going to make a difference.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Ohio just enacted this law a few weeks back with a 90 day grace period, it is now a primary offense, so you can be pulled over for it but good luck with that since the cops here are on their phones just as much! Oh, that's right, they're probably exempt:mad:
I believe ours does state cops are exempt as well as someone calling 911.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
It's not going to make a difference.
That’s what I figure too. Good intentions but won’t move the needle.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
In NY..LE IS exempt