Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

March 5th Reveal

OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Thread Starter #41
We are getting very close to the point where cars can pretty much drive themselves faster than any human. Just sit back had click on "go". And very soon, you will be able to do that from mom's basement! We are entering a Brave New, but Sick World.
They do drive themselves…

https://waymo.com/

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
The 69 is gorgeous...here is one of the 8 converts...($1M+)...i had one of the 55 RA IV TAs(4speed)...loved that car...
View attachment 131467
Nice..... I had a '70-1/2 RAIV with the Turbo 400. It had that million-dollar idle.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
1973 455 Ho
1974 455 SD

ya no?
me likes them
Yep
This is when all the emissions BS skyrocketed
I think they put out a whopping 300 hp
I had a 73 Grand Prix with a 455
Posi
Dual exhaust
I thought I was John Force

Burt s car was newer version
That beast had about 200 hp
I also think it had a 16 speed tranny
LOLOLOLOLOL

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Im betting it will be a LOT faster than expected and perform really well. Yea, maybe its a microwave but I bet its a flipping FAST microwave......

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Im betting it will be a LOT faster than expected and perform really well. Yea, maybe its a microwave but I bet its a flipping FAST microwave......
great...you can cook yer popcorn in it in half the time...

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
1709309044981.png

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Nice..... I had a '70-1/2 RAIV with the Turbo 400. It had that million-dollar idle.
RAIV (RAII actually) lope is amazing...none better

I also had a 70 RA IV TA...4speed...

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Probably put aircraft carrier lengths on a Redeye tho.... I like the idea of almost FREE gas tho considering I spend about $250 a week in fuel. I considered the Plaid but its just so boring looking.

I know EV is lame but ya know what even more lame? Is seeing the tail lights of an EV drive off into the sunset while I say "That thing is so lame" as I try to make myself feel better after getting walked REALLY bad lol.....

If the thing is $80k or less im buying one unless its like the Cyber Truck and ill have to wait two years to get one smh. Hopefully the inline 6 hybrid comes out and gets great gas mileage we will see... I heard 500 hp tho and thats just not enough.

great...you can cook yer popcorn in it in half the time...

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Probably put aircraft carrier lengths on a Redeye tho.... I like the idea of almost FREE gas tho considering I spend about $250 a week in fuel. I considered the Plaid but its just so boring looking.

I know EV is lame but ya know what even more lame? Is seeing the tail lights of an EV drive off into the sunset while I say "That thing is so lame" as I try to make myself feel better after getting walked REALLY bad lol.....

If the thing is $80k or less im buying one unless its like the Cyber Truck and ill have to wait two years to get one smh. Hopefully the inline 6 hybrid comes out and gets great gas mileage we will see... I heard 500 hp tho and thats just not enough.
Just don’t race EVs. They’re lame.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5

ya i thought my M5 was fast until i watched one of those utube drags and the plaid put about 30 car lengths on the M5 CS and Cadillac Black wing. lol

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
If the Tesla roadster is really going to do 0-60 in under a second (probably with no driver talent required), you’re talking close to top fuel numbers. 0.8 is what I commonly see quoted for TF 0-60. No way for ICE to compete with that.

I’ll be content living in the past.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
If the Tesla roadster is really going to do 0-60 in under a second (probably with no driver talent required), you’re talking close to top fuel numbers. 0.8 is what I commonly see quoted for TF 0-60. No way for ICE to compete with that.

Probably is using that new "rollout" method as well.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
EV's and "rollout" timing methods are both meant for people with an insatiable appetite for phallus.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
M

Me Too...Had the time of my life in the 70's;)

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP

No way in bloody hell any consumer EV POS is ever going to do anything close to a top flight nitro car. There is a lot of confusion to the typical uneducated "car expert" living in their mom's basement on what modern nitro cars actually do.

They do 0-60 FEET in less than .85 seconds at nearly every national event type track (all-time record is approx. .808 by Clay Millican years ago)

They do 0-100 MILES PER HOUR in less than 1 second.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
No way in bloody hell any consumer EV POS is ever going to do anything close to a top flight nitro car. There is a lot of confusion to the typical uneducated "car expert" living in their mom's basement on what modern nitro cars actually do.

They do 0-60 FEET in less than .85 seconds at nearly every national event type track (all-time record is approx. .808 by Clay Millican years ago)

They do 0-100 MILES PER HOUR in less than 1 second.
I never meant to suggest it would ever beat one. Only that the 0-60 would be untouchable by a production ICE vehicle.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Teslas actually do make a few loud noises if you have ever been in one when they stage and get set to race. They make loud knocks or bangs when you enable the full acceleration features.

Was by the local dealer this week for the first time in a while to pick up another $45 wiper blade. They have several Hellcats and more Scat Packs and other 392 models than you can count. All with HUGE price tags on them.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Probably put aircraft carrier lengths on a Redeye tho.... I like the
I know EV is lame but ya know what even more lame? Is seeing the tail lights of an EV drive off into the sunset while I say "That thing is so lame" as I try to make myself feel better after getting walked REALLY bad lol....
Just keep driving for a while.

You still won't see those taillights, though, as they will no longer be lit as the EV is sitting dead on the side of the road.

Last edited: