Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Live action from FUMANCHU182.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Idk, I know I’m slow, but I’m running high 9s (9.8, hopefully 9.7 with trans shifting right) on 2015 axles lol. I have a redeye driveshaft in the car, redeye/demon axles are on my upgrade list. GeForce can think whatever they want, their axles are garbage
They all have had issues.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
The IMS rear and DSS axles have been awesome. I've broken the redeye demon axles. They can handle any wheel hop at all.
Who’s ims? Thought only tba and hemituber had a billet diff?

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #1,963
Correct but buying a wavetrack they may make one to fit them so guessing. Redeye axles wouldn't be on my list for an upgrade part. On a side note gforce thinks they upgraded the wrong part of the axle for the 170 not the part that breaks so not sure what that is about
Gforce can suck a dick.

They all have had issues.
Yes. I'm going back to a 2.62 but still using the redeye axles. The car will be street driven, no need for a 3.09 for me anymore.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
3.70 is where it’s at on the street 😎

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Who’s ims? Thought only tba and hemituber had a billet diff?
IMS is who makes the hemituner diff. (Innovative machining solution)

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,966
Can’t believe this thread made it to 99 pages. I am happy to say that the car is retired. This is how fucking much this car hates me.
IMG_0882.jpeg
Axle is toast while trying to get it in then on the driver side, the diff would not seat the other axle.
IMG_0878.jpeg
had a little bit of a mental breakdown and just asked my friends to help me out.
IMG_0892.jpeg
more axles, same diff (2.62) and she now drives under her own power.
IMG_0894.jpeg
however, she was dirty, like a hooker, and as much as I love banging hookers, my car needs to be clean.
IMG_0897.jpeg IMG_0899.jpeg IMG_0902.jpeg
This car will live out the rest of its life with a motor and transmission that should be honestly put into my race car but I don’t want any downtime with this car anymore so she is retired 68,000 miles, lots of love, lots of learning, and lots of friends made along the way I’m going to go back to post number one and clean up and create a index of sorts because there were lots of good lessons learned with this car and I hope that the main post remains a staple in this community. I look forward to just grabbing groceries, Hoochies in the passenger seat and the occasional car show. Thats a wrap.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,967
Final post I'll make to this thread. Wavetrac update:

The carrier has been sitting for a few months, I would literally look at it and curse it and just stare at it and walk away. Finally said I need to make room and took it over to Starcks performance as I would need a press to get it out of the carrier. Disassembled the carrier, none of the wavetrac gears or internal components are at fault. The demon axle somehow shredded itself in the carrier then welded itself to the carrier as that's why I couldn't get it out.
IMG_1477.png IMG_1479.png IMG_1480.png
it will be shipped out to wavetrac for repairs or placed in the graveyard of 3.09 parts, all based on what HHP or Wavetrac want to help me with.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Final post I'll make to this thread. Wavetrac update:

The carrier has been sitting for a few months, I would literally look at it and curse it and just stare at it and walk away. Finally said I need to make room and took it over to Starcks performance as I would need a press to get it out of the carrier. Disassembled the carrier, none of the wavetrac gears or internal components are at fault. The demon axle somehow shredded itself in the carrier then welded itself to the carrier as that's why I couldn't get it out.
View attachment 125703 View attachment 125704 View attachment 125709
it will be shipped out to wavetrac for repairs or placed in the graveyard of 3.09 parts, all based on what HHP or Wavetrac want to help me with.
That’s insane. Any splines twisted?