Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Light weight batteries

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I have a med device that I have to have around, and powered at night. The cabin in New Mexico can have power interruptions on occasion. I bought a Honda "licensed" portable battery and admitedly it was expensive, but it maintains a charge for years without maintenance. Quite impressive, though I believe it might show wear in other ways (for example, accelerated draw under usage) but for static measurement the level is always spot on. Unit is about 3/4 the size of a car battery.

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Just an update on my battery. I parked the car in December and brought the battery inside. It was showing 13.3 on the battery monitor. About 2 months later it only dropped to 13.1. I put it in the Challenger for a day to get a load on it and took it back out. Showing 13.3 again. I have had lead batteries that needed a charge again after sitting so this one holds a charge pretty good
Thanks for the update; glad the "off brand" you found is working so well for you.

May have to replace the dealer's replacement battery soon (will check upon car's return from MMX) due to corrosion buildup on the hold-down strap buckle. Something's leaking somewhere to cause it.

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Just ordered one myself. Thanks for the thread and information. I currently run the die hard replacement that weighs 65.4lbs!