Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Life happens and the TRX must go

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
My daughter is the best part of my life!

My mother in law is a good woman, I really like my inlaws. Around Christmas last year they were over at our place, and I heard her say to the wife " He is a great father, and he just lights up in the presence of his girl. Tip from your mother though dear, don't ever ask your husband who the most important person in his life is, you won't be happy with his answer".

Wife " I already know that it isn't me, but our daughter. I'm okay with that though".

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I’m sure you will sell her and material things come and go but family has a far bigger forever value.
Assuming that's even legal, it would allow you to keep the car.
Then again, it has been said that it's cheaper to keep her.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
And then the jerk Moderator comes around...

:unsure:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
^^^^^^^^

lumberg.gif

:p:p

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
My 8yr old brought a tear to my eye yesterday after hitting a single, stealing second, and then third. He didn’t make it home because the batter struck out, but he came off of the field with the biggest smile on his face. He had a drought at bat and broke it with a good hit… he said “That felt amazing”… he has no idea how good it felt to me too.

These things make life worth living some days. I’d take that moment over a month of burnouts and racing in the Cat any day. You’ll miss the truck, occasionally, but the kids fill that void.

I think you’ll find that you’ll be back into a hotrod in no time and the kid will enjoy it too, let the market calm down and the unemployment checks stop, and things will be more reasonably priced in no time.

Not much can make me tear up, except for my daughter.
She can make a tear roll down my cheek so easily its embarrassing.
And it never gets tiring to be told I'm loved, and get hugs, doesn't matter if its a dozen times per day, it always feels good. She needed gas in her quad this morning, i got 4 hugs and "thank you i love you" just for filling up the gas tank.
I'm sitting at the doctors office right now waiting for my appointment, don't know what is wrong, but feel off somehow. All i know is that I don't want to die because I am a dad now, 10 years ago I didn't give a shit if I died.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Not much can make me tear up, except for my daughter.
She can make a tear roll down my cheek so easily its embarrassing.
And it never gets tiring to be told I'm loved, and get hugs, doesn't matter if its a dozen times per day, it always feels good. She needed gas in her quad this morning, i got 4 hugs and "thank you i love you" just for filling up the gas tank.
I'm sitting at the doctors office right now waiting for my appointment, don't know what is wrong, but feel off somehow. All i know is that I don't want to die because I am a dad now, 10 years ago I didn't give a shit if I died.
You’ll be alright man, maybe just need to pass some gas. 😄

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I’m sure being a dad is amazing. Never been one myself. You get a great feeling of pride I imagine, you also get a little punk kicking you in the balls every morning when your down lol so to speak. I was just watching some friends of the family this weekend at a cookout we had. I’m 31 now so I’m getting to that age I would say at least half the people my age are having or have a couple small kids. So we had some 1-3 yr olds over.. my one buddy was dadding it up for like 2 hours trying to get his 1yr daughter to sleep.. another annoying 3 yr old boy was stacking up beach buckets like a pyramid in the family room and throwing plastic blocks at it so they smash down... Then crying sometimes if he didn’t “like it”.. I’m pretty decent with kids myself but I’m so glad at the moment I don’t have to deal with that S$&t. 😁. Respect to you though.
Oh yeah, there are definitely plenty of times when you want to teach them a lesson the old fashion way but you cannot always do that in public. Children can be very challenging for sure.

But just like the other guys say, it's the little things. Don't know why, just something that happens to you WHEN you become a Dad. Some people know they want kids, others don't. I wasn't really sure when we did but my wife was and, after following me around for a decade letting me chase my dreams, it was my turn to help her achieve her dream of being a Mom.

Every time I call my wife and she is driving around with the kids, my son says "Hey Dad!" like he is just so damn excited to be talking to me. Or first thing in the morning, I go in their rooms and jump into the bed and all they want to do is hug on me. Or the looks on their faces when they realize I woke up early and get donuts on Saturday. They are so full of hope and joy, true unbiased, untainted, love and hope. It's an amazing feeling.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Oh yeah, there are definitely plenty of times when you want to teach them a lesson the old fashion way but you cannot always do that in public. Children can be very challenging for sure.

But just like the other guys say, it's the little things. Don't know why, just something that happens to you WHEN you become a Dad. Some people know they want kids, others don't. I wasn't really sure when we did but my wife was and, after following me around for a decade letting me chase my dreams, it was my turn to help her achieve her dream of being a Mom.

Every time I call my wife and she is driving around with the kids, my son says "Hey Dad!" like he is just so damn excited to be talking to me. Or first thing in the morning, I go in their rooms and jump into the bed and all they want to do is hug on me. Or the looks on their faces when they realize I woke up early and get donuts on Saturday. They are so full of hope and joy, true unbiased, untainted, love and hope. It's an amazing feeling.
Whoa.....donuts early on Saturday......what time?????

It's a long drive and I need a head start :p:p

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
My kids still get it the old fashioned way… they get tuned up, and it’s over and done with. Few and far between. Parents wonder why they’re so well behaved and it’s easy…
I don’t count before I discipline
I mean what I say
I demand respect
You do those 3 things, you - and your kids - will be just fine. And they love me for it. That’s the part my wife doesn’t get… she will someday.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
We've been asked why our cats are more obedient than most people's kids.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I guess I'll be the asshole today, 17k over sticker.... hmmmmm

This wouldn't be my first stop if I was selling a car over sticker, I would try ebay, craiglist, cars.com, autotrader, etc etc

Sounds more like you are trying to make a quick buck, even after taxes you are looking to clear 10k+, nothing wrong with making money but there are far better sites to check with. I would even try cdjr dealers and see what they want for it, dealers are hungry for these types of cars.

Congrats on the kid though nonetheless.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
You might try Carvana, KBB, Givemethevin, Vroom, and others that many on this forum have used recently to sell vehicles. Check them all and see who gives you the best price.

Or put the word out to various Ram dealers in your area that you have one for sale.

Good luck.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
If one of my kids made me sell My TRX to pay for him, or if my wife made me Sell it for financial reasons, or I felt guilty and was forced to sell it, I would do one of two things. Both of them include never selling my truck.

tell the whole family to shove it, papas keeping his truck and you can all get a job. Including the kids.

or two, commit to a life of crime to pay for my expensive hobbies.

I have an option 3, but no one wants to hear that one.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My daughter is the best part of my life!

My mother in law is a good woman, I really like my inlaws. Around Christmas last year they were over at our place, and I heard her say to the wife " He is a great father, and he just lights up in the presence of his girl. Tip from your mother though dear, don't ever ask your husband who the most important person in his life is, you won't be happy with his answer".

Wife " I already know that it isn't me, but our daughter. I'm okay with that though".
Funny bout that....I always said..if my wife... son..and myself were on a plane with two chutes...and my wife had to choose who got em...I'd be out the door bareback..yellin Geronimo

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
If one of my kids made me sell My TRX to pay for him, or if my wife made me Sell it for financial reasons, or I felt guilty and was forced to sell it, I would do one of two things. Both of them include never selling my truck.

tell the whole family to shove it, papas keeping his truck and you can all get a job. Including the kids.

or two, commit to a life of crime to pay for my expensive hobbies.

I have an option 3, but no one wants to hear that one.

Option 3...option 3....option 3........

do tell

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
#3….. <pumps shotgun>

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
#3….. <pumps shotgun>
this guy gets it

time to take the family scuba diving in Aruba.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I always hate the sob stories from guys selling vehicles. People make an offer then the guy is a master negotiator who says I’m not desperate to sell it right away and get ripped on the price and then goes to tell how valuable the car is. If your desperate to sell it then take what someone gives you and get your money. If your willing to sit on it to get max value for it then your not that desperate and you can keep your car if you wanted. Your just trying to make a buck.

just sell it and put an asking price.

you can get a TRX at MSRP. Unless you are desperate to get one in a split second.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I always hate the sob stories from guys selling vehicles. People make an offer then the guy is a master negotiator who says I’m not desperate to sell it right away and get ripped on the price and then goes to tell how valuable the car is. If your desperate to sell it then take what someone gives you and get your money. If your willing to sit on it to get max value for it then your not that desperate and you can keep your car if you wanted. Your just trying to make a buck.

just sell it and put an asking price.

you can get a TRX at MSRP. Unless you are desperate to get one in a split second.
My guess is he has 7 months to figure it out...