Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Keep an eye out for this upgrade to your 6.2, tuning w/o voiding warranty... WTF!

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
The biggest negative takeaway for me is that both Stage 1 & 2 upgrade packages require 100-octane unleaded - right?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I will hold your beer if you hold my Oxy Cotin bottle?? I am up fer any up grade that dosen't void the warranty. I have 1.5 years on my extended warranty. Then the S-it hits the fan for oil changes, tires, and wheels. At the moment, having the front end rebuilt, WITH a/c cooler installed that makes 85 degrees OAT. An upgrade wood beez welcomed.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Pretty sure power train warranty is five years. Bumper to bumper is three.
Agree 5 years power train, 3 years bumper/bumper, I meant why not mod, I am already 3 years in to it. Besides if I grenade something I have the ability to repair it, If this mild factory upgrade doesn’t satisfy the itch. I suppose it’s the price we all pay if we want to roll the performance bones!

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Here's an idea. Add the SRT power chiller to one of these bundles. They'll already be making changes not just in the PCM for HO mode anyways to enable that functionality. It's all right there. Make it happen.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I have two seasons of Powertrain warranty remaining. Good enough to evaluate if it will hold up. I don't expect that the protection is going to last beyond that. I won’t be the first, but if the first(s) tell us good things especially about a hiccup elimination and crisp shifts all the time, I am a buyer. A few more ponies on the road courses along with about 20 degrees cooler for the engine coolant starting temps won’t hurt a thing for me. Hold my beer!
Gatz, you Speedy amongst several other core diehards here have done a lot of factory hardware testing and mods that have not gone unnoticed to the ones that truly have octane in their blood, Much appreciated as well.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
A lot of valid points right there. My guess they will make the tune hyper sensitive to STKR and protect the shit out of the engine. With the combined cost of purchasing and installation at the dealer will it be worth the net gain, what will be the operating conditions needed to actually yield its full potential ie: ambient temp super low, ideal laboratory controlled conditions. Wonder what the final cost per Hp will end up at. I probably would not be the first to jump in on it. Like you said it could eat itself, or just default to stock if it doesn’t have good quality high octane juice. Life dose have choices here they are. A) I could just sit back with pop corn and let others be the test mule. B) Grow a set and be the first test mule and report back with smiles per miles, or disappointment. C) Have it my way at Hemi King and go with one of quality reputable tuners we all know of and believe in as I am 3 years into the warranty as it is. D) leave it alone and be happy with what I have, not likely to happen with the type of type of syndrome most of us have. Like I said at least we we have choices & that’s not a bad thing.
Agree with your assessment. We’ve seen the prices for the parts but I’m not aware of anything posted on the install cost. Dealers $/hr are well over $100. My guess is these upgrades will be much more expensive than the parts/tune/install at a reputable tuner but of course you still have the warranty. I’m not convinced yet that this cost will be worth the HP gain.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
@Slowpoke387 you're right on the 5yr power train. Shows how much I paid attention to the warranty, but there's still the fact it's voided when racing is involved, so kinda moot really.

I was saying, just do your research and really understand what you're getting. Most people won't, and Dodge is counting on that I'm sure. Notice they call it a "touch screen device" which misleads you in to thinking it's the build in touch screen and will work like the Demon when in reality it's a hand held tuner you mount to the windshield, IE Diablo T2. So what that's gonna mean is you have to load tunes and data log and a lot of you guys seem to want to avoid that.

Also the part circled in red makes ZERO sense especially for the "pre stage" kit. It says you pick up a measly 5HP but then says it's a factory tuned cal with 5 deg spark advance?? What's that mean? 5 deg on top of a normal cal would net over 50RWHP and it's not possible to do that on pump gas anyway. When you finally step up to a pulley you get 40HP for over $2,000 BEFORE install charges to keep that precious warranty. 40HP wouldn't be worth it for me. If I'm going in there I want 100+.

@DGatzby 80% of the performance improvements in custom tunes are in the transmission and throttle response. I don't see them mention transmission tune updates, did I miss it?

1642958618755.png

There's only one guy at one dealership around here I'd trust to work on my ride and I can almost guarantee any training (if any) for the techs will be minimal. The service shops bread and butter around here are commercial contracts (think diesel service trucks) so that's what the techs are most familiar with.

What's odd to me is that they chose to do this now. The timing is just funky IMO, when they could have done this 4-5 years ago and it would have really taken off, but why now when this platform and the V8 are supposedly coming to an end? One last push to squeeze every dollar out of it maybe? Why not just build the car with it from the factory in 2023 as a final send off? Dodge has a history of screwing customers so just be careful.

My contacts at the dealer have told me things have gotten "real interesting" since Stellantis took over in terms of warranty work and parts as well. I need to go by and talk to them to get the scoop.

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
The biggest negative takeaway for me is that both Stage 1 & 2 upgrade packages require 100-octane unleaded - right?
For Redeye YES to get the advertised power, but it will run on pump gas at a lower power output. Another oddity is that Stage I for RE says 840 but required HO fuel. Then Stage II adds a pulley for 2 more pounds of boost for 885 on HO but says it'll run at 837 when not in HO mode but on 2 more psi of boost so WTH? So which is it LOL?

Honestly the RE Stage II looks like the most bang for the buck for this stuff but if going that route I'd still get a known good tuner setup for E85 and call it done and make 50-70 more HP on top of 885 and do flex fuel to boot.

Doesn't appear there's a Stage II for standard Hellcat that I saw so 40HP not really worth it IMO.

Can you imagine all the folks that don't know about this forum just running to the dealership blindly throwing the money LOL.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Gatz, you Speedy amongst several other core diehards here have done a lot of factory hardware testing and mods that have not gone unnoticed to the ones that truly have octane in their blood, Much appreciated as well.
Thanks, dreaming of a nice tune and 840 hp on 93 octane. I think I have the Redeye (and myself) ready otherwise. Love to represent. It is crazy to show up for an event and being nearly the only Mopar!

Had to call a couple out this morning somewhere else one for telling everyone how a SP can exit a corner better than a HC because the front springs are a hair more stiff, and another who was basically trolling making a point about Mustangs, then saying our cars are equal to a Lincoln Towncar for handling. That did not set well here.

You guys are my gauge for how these things run and shift. Basically if it can smoothly get through the RPM range and you guys get better ET’s, hold on, I’ll see how they can do for a 15-20 minute run at the top of its lungs.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Just saw this....the last sentence is a good thing so they are going to take advantage of the way some of the Demon HO stuff works, and drop out of HO mode if knock is detected, but that first sentence is the "out" as it were.

@DGatzby you don't get 840 on 93 sir. 100 octane required assuming you're talking about these Stage kits.

1642959802638.png

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
@Slowpoke387 you're right on the 5yr power train. Shows how much I paid attention to the warranty, but there's still the fact it's voided when racing is involved, so kinda moot really.

I was saying, just do your research and really understand what you're getting. Most people won't, and Dodge is counting on that I'm sure. Notice they call it a "touch screen device" which misleads you in to thinking it's the build in touch screen and will work like the Demon when in reality it's a hand held tuner you mount to the windshield, IE Diablo T2. So what that's gonna mean is you have to load tunes and data log and a lot of you guys seem to want to avoid that.

Also the part circled in red makes ZERO sense especially for the "pre stage" kit. It says you pick up a measly 5HP but then says it's a factory tuned cal with 5 deg spark advance?? What's that mean? 5 deg on top of a normal cal would net over 50RWHP and it's not possible to do that on pump gas anyway. When you finally step up to a pulley you get 40HP for over $2,000 BEFORE install charges to keep that precious warranty. 40HP wouldn't be worth it for me. If I'm going in there I want 100+.

@DGatzby 80% of the performance improvements in custom tunes are in the transmission and throttle response. I don't see them mention transmission tune updates, did I miss it?

View attachment 61993

There's only one guy at one dealership around here I'd trust to work on my ride and I can almost guarantee any training (if any) for the techs will be minimal. The service shops bread and butter around here are commercial contracts (think diesel service trucks) so that's what the techs are most familiar with.

What's odd to me is that they chose to do this now. The timing is just funky IMO, when they could have done this 4-5 years ago and it would have really taken off, but why now when this platform and the V8 are supposedly coming to an end? One last push to squeeze every dollar out of it maybe? Why not just build the car with it from the factory in 2023 as a final send off? Dodge has a history of screwing customers so just be careful.

My contacts at the dealer have told me things have gotten "real interesting" since Stellantis took over in terms of warranty work and parts as well. I need to go by and talk to them to get the scoop.
Hey @Speedy!, I agree, I don’t see anything about the tranny. That is why I condition any idea it is my solution on hearing what the first few say about that. I listen close to your stuff, and have given you lots of (y), keep it up. I am not beyond just working with an interested tuner for road courses soon.

If I go the Mopar route, we have some great dealers around here. Unfortunately I don’t think my favorite dealer (and techs) are included. Hate to say it, but I am not going to allow to many others to touch my current supercharger. I have a couple of courses to run to shake my new engine out early this year just the way it sits anyway. So I am watching.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Just saw this....the last sentence is a good thing so they are going to take advantage of the way some of the Demon HO stuff works, and drop out of HO mode if knock is detected, but that first sentence is the "out" as it were.

@DGatzby you don't get 840 on 93 sir. 100 octane required assuming you're talking about these Stage kits.

View attachment 61994
Don’t we get the 838 stage two with the increased boost?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Smart to not be one of the early adopters on this I think. Hopefully the calibrations get out in the wild so some of us can take a look to see what's really being done. If they're bumping timing for more power while also increasing knock sensitivity to @Demoniccat earlier point, the vehicle could actually make less power than stock and perform worse. Who knows but all the strange contradictions in the catalog worry me.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
"Maybe"? but I'd be REAL leery of running that on 93 personally especially for what you do with the car. The pulley brings you to 16.5 PSI of boost and that's a lot for pump gas in one of these. Mine makes 17 on the 2.72 and remember how that was never recommended for pump gas. I don't hammer it on 93.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
837, 838, 840 WTF among friends, close. Let’s see if this is not some conservative number under the proverbial 840 hp high octane Demon Tune. Interesting it takes a Demon 100 octane to do this, but a potential tune for a RE is the same on “pump” gas.
96AAA7E2-4350-4881-BD84-B59AC9C3596B.jpeg

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
"Maybe"? but I'd be REAL leery of running that on 93 personally especially for what you do with the car. The pulley brings you to 16.5 PSI of boost and that's a lot for pump gas in one of these. Mine makes 17 on the 2.72 and remember how that was never recommended for pump gas. I don't hammer it on 93.
I don’t know, thanks and we shall see what they have. Very interesting numbers especially if that is the combo that failed for you. As you know, just a bit of a exhaust plug up made mine not like itself.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Remind me what happened with your original motor?

Geerhed

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Beaver
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 WB Hellcat Charger
Always
I knew I could rely on you for an explanation:)
a chatti cord to to go off pulled or not! LOL

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Remind me what happened with your original motor?
Failed cat, fairly plugged up left side; failed s/c at 155 mph on a closed course. Not racing, lapping it. From the way it feels after the fix, AND the temperatures I have seen, that converter may have been bad for a while.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
@DGatzby I’d think shift scheduling would be the most important thing for what you do. I’d imagine you have all the power in the world for most things that you do.