Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Just bought a RedEye WB!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
congratulations and its a name changer too ,,,,,Matt someone with a red eye ,,,,
your luckier than you realize...alotta guys on here want a new RE..but their women folk say not a chance...if you were in their shoes ..right bout now you would be Matt someone with a black eye

NYCSRTATE

Member ID
Reactions
City
NYC
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
Nice congrats!

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
Congrats and sweet, sweet, sweet your going to be smoking everyone in your town lol. ANd I’m like you ain’t excited about the WB Charger. I really like the lines better in the non WB Charger, The WB Challenger just sticks to the road more than your Charger. Be prepared fir the slingshot effect versus the bust loose feel in your Charger. I’d picked that color up should have mine been that color as well. I’m on the silver and light colors now and just picked this up last night for my daughter. And she’s super excited to learn how to drive a manual.
View attachment 12077 View attachment 12074 View attachment 12075
Lucky Girl! are they still charging ADM and all that bullshit on those TYPE Rs?

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
congrats on the WB RE. Saw a challenger in tripple nickel under some parking lot lights at night and it literally glowed. very different under light than billet.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Lucky Girl! are they still charging ADM and all that bullshit on those TYPE Rs?
Yes they are and 2017 10-15k ADM now 5K ADM but I got mine 1k off MSRP.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
What’s your dr
Sorry if I missed it, but is this one of the Koon's REs?
No looks like his local or close by dealer. I live near Koons and that ain’t Koons.

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Thread Starter #69
Did I mention I got 16,500 off the RedEye? Sticker was 80K Haha 👍 (you do the math) that’s what I call a slam dunk. I paid 7-8k less for this WB RedEye than I paid for my Charger after tax. I couldn’t pass this opportunity up. Not only is the car awesome. I got a great deal. These deals are out there now guys! 19’ Hellcats at Chapman on the lot (Great place to buy a car BTW in Horsham PA.. Especially Hellcats they have 40 on the lot the guy said!) a few are sitting at 55K! Atm The non WB 20s are 5k-6k more than I bought this car! All about making a little compromise to secure your deal! The houndstooth and lack of options plus the big discount from dealer and power dollars kept this RedEye WB price down to an affordable level and made this purchase actually make a lot of sense. Again so happy! Thought I’d share that piece of info! With the community. Thanks for all the support/feedback and insight guys. Truly appreciated, I feel so blessed.

Last edited:
OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #70
49B011F8-7EEF-4304-B6A1-143E61A5D434.jpeg First Mod! ;), now don’t get any ideas.. 😜

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Did I mention I got 16,500 off the RedEye? Sticker was 80K Haha 👍 (you do the math) that’s what I call a slam dunk. I paid 7-8k less for this WB RedEye than I paid for my Charger after tax. I couldn’t pass this opportunity up. Not only is the car awesome. I got a great deal. These deals are out there now guys! 19’ Hellcats at Chapman on the lot (Great place to buy a car BTW in Horsham PA.. Especially Hellcats they have 40 on the lot the guy said!) a few are sitting at 55K! Atm The non WB 20s are 5k-6k more than I bought this car! All about making a little compromise to secure your deal! The houndstooth and lack of options plus the big discount from dealer and power dollars kept this RedEye WB price down to an affordable level and made this purchase actually make a lot of sense. Again so happy! Thought I’d share that piece of info! With the community. Thanks for all the support/feedback and insight guys. Truly appreciated, I feel so blessed.
Great to hear how much you are enjoying your new ride! You got a hell of a deal and car!

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #72
It’s reflective red too. Glows when lights hit it in the dark. :)

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #73
Great to hear how much you are enjoying your new ride! You got a hell of a deal and car!
Thanks TK your kind words are much appreciated. I’ll just say some observations I’ve made between the two vehicles. I got 117 miles on the challenger now so I was able to stretch the rpm between 3-5 k a little bit keeping it under 75mph. With the 3.09 This thing pulls hard down low. The pedal Feels as fast as the charger hellcat at 2/3 -3/4 throttle. I haven’t gone past 3/4 yet but boy I’m excited to pass 300miles and explore a bit more..

Last edited:
OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #74
The B woody intake so far I think sings whine better at lower rpm than the challenger. Plus it bleeds the sound out the heat extractors. With the windows down in the charger with the B Woody you can really precisely hear the supercharger under load. Again I haven’t even put the RE in track mode or gotten much pedal room yet. I’m sure this thing will be a completely wild animal on the right road In all track setting after I pass proper break in and oil change. So excited!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Matt Matt Matt what the hell are you doing you need to get the hell out of the house and start [driving]She ain't gonna drive herself I mean holly crap time is a wasting. And damn I gotta go jump in my new ride and get past the 600 mile mark on my Honda[deviltail]

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #76
The challenger RE front end takes smaller bumps and dips in the road smoother than the Charger HC. The feedback in the charger on hydraulic steering is superior. In the RE it’s a little more dead.. but it’s actually makes the ride more comfortable sometimes over bumps because your not feeling those little vibrations as much. The steering is much looser in the charger. Sport steering is much firmer than the Charger in the RE. I’d say somewhere between the RE Sport steering and Street is the Charger but with more road feel and feedback. The 305 fronts on the challenger want to tram line a lot. My 285 fronts on the charger you don’t notice that much. The challenger feels more planted to the ground. The challenger supension in street mode feels like sport suspension in the Charger. Sport suspension in the challenger feels like Track suspension in the Charger. But I still like how the handling feels in my charger going up hills and around curves.. so far.. I just trust it more.. know exactly what that car wants to do. Man that challenger is special though. It feels like a special car when you drive it. The charger feels special in a different way because it’s a 4 door sedan that’s just amazing looking in its own right and aggressively styled. This challenger is a show stopper though. It’s bold, it’s badass, It’s everything they say it is and then some haha. Both vehicles are outstanding in there own rights while having there own unique driving experience. And outward/inside appearance. Over a long drive.. Charger all day with the laguna leather. But this RE.. just Wow! Definitely more smiles per miles. can’t wait to put a few more miles on her later!

Last edited:

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Congrats! Welcome to the dark side. Your going to regret some of your posts on charger vs challenger threads from way back. :D Again congrats beautiful redeye.
37BD4128-E126-4241-81D5-31098DC1FF08.png

Last edited:

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Chapmans inventory shows 1 19 Hellcat.

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #79
Congrats! Welcome to the dark side. Your going to regret some of your posts on charger vs challenger threads from way back. :D Again congrats beautiful redeye.
Lol! Shhhhh. Say what! ? I always like the widebody ;). How fast things grow on you right?

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #80
Chapmans inventory shows 1 19 Hellcat.
Not sure bud. Think I saw atleast 2 or 3 challenger Hellcats there. I think there is a 19’ triple Nickle with stripes challenger hellcat for 55k online