Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Jokerz Race Ported Blower Results

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
So how much is this ported blower package?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Seriously, refreshing thread...

Restores a bit of hope..

;)
See what happens when you let all those undocumented Canadians in

OP
Blkout

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #43
So how much is this ported blower package?
$2750, that includes a full rebuild of the blower with ceramic bearings.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I wish you could've done a pull with the stock TB and a pull with the 100 MM BBK. Then you'd have a better measure as to what the porting is bringing to the table and what the BBK added. I think the raw airflow of a bigger throttle body added a significant amount. I am more shocked you bolted on the BBK with no issues at all and NO retune required. A few years ago they were very problematic getting synced with the PCM even with a tune. I guess BBK uses different motors in their throttle bodies now? When you put the throttle body on your car before the porting, was the car stock or was it already flex tuned?
Either way very impressive numbers for those mods and still having a car with daily driver capability. Good choices for mod's (y).

Last edited:
OP
Blkout

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #45
I wish you could've done a pull with the stock TB and a pull with the 100 MM BBK. Then you'd have a better measure as to what the porting is bringing to the table and what the BBK added. I think the raw airflow of a bigger throttle body added a significant amount. I am more shocked you bolted on the BBK with no issues at all and NO retune required. A few years ago they were very problematic getting synced with the PCM even with a tune. I guess BBK uses different motors in their throttle bodies now? When you put the throttle body on your car before the porting, was the car stock or was it already flex tuned?
Either way very impressive numbers for those mods and still having a car with daily driver capability. Good choices for mod's (y).
Larger TBs have been proven to add little to no power on a stock Cat, my car had a 2.65 pulley and all supporting mods and it was tuned, but the 100mm TB comes with an adapter to adapt down to the stock 95mm snout inlet. I cant say that I noticed any difference at all with the 100mm TB on the stock snout, but it did drive fine with no issues at all.

I believe the benefits of a larger TB come when the snout is opened up beyond 95mm. So yes, the TB is likely contributing some, but most of the gains are coming from the snout and bearing plate without question. TB may be good for another 10whp on a ported snout setup.

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Nice set up Blkout!
I went with the Magnuson SC. It’s at Jokerz right now getting Jokerz full tilt race port work on it.
Jokerz Performance is getting to be pretty popular with their work.
Can’t wait to put the SC on to see what power it puts down.
I almost went with the same set up you did but of course I fell back down the never ending mod hole!🙄😬🤷🏼‍♂️Lol

OP
Blkout

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #47
Haven't had a chance to fully verify the boost yet, I've seen 14psi on the gauge a few times so far with some spirited driving but it breaks the tires loose as soon as I get in. I can tell a noticeable difference how quickly the boost comes in compared to the stock blower, it builds boost VERY quick with the ported blower, it will go from 0 to 14psi seemingly almost instantly when the throttle is applied. Its certainly noticeable.

OP
Blkout

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #48
Nice set up Blkout!
I went with the Magnuson SC. It’s at Jokerz right now getting Jokerz full tilt race port work on it.
Jokerz Performance is getting to be pretty popular with their work.
Can’t wait to put the SC on to see what power it puts down.
I almost went with the same set up you did but of course I fell back down the never ending mod hole!🙄😬🤷🏼‍♂️Lol
Keep us posted how that works out, I saw a Magnuson on a Redeye today and the shop tech said they haven't been impressed with it so far, even at 18psi of boost, its making about 30whp less than the stock blower.

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Keep us posted how that works out, I saw a Magnuson on a Redeye today and the shop tech said they haven't been impressed with it so far, even at 18psi of boost, its making about 30whp less than the stock blower.
Will do. With stock blower I put down 954 to the wheels and 938 torque with the 426 stroker at 14 psi in 110 degrees on the dyno.
I called magnuson and the pulley that comes with the SC puts out 14psi to start. We shall see what it does on my car. Might have to change pulley.
Now I gotta get some 1700cc injectors 🙄😬
Lol it’s never ending.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
They ain’t doing it right. 😂. That 2.6 Maggie is the same as what is on the new F/S COPO (and while I haven’t seen the “yet to be released” specs) is likely what’s on the new Drag Packs. These are 7 second factory drag cars and if the 2.7 was as capable as these Magnuson’s, they would be using them. I’m tempted to say mark my words. 😝 ok I just did.

OP
Blkout

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #51
They ain’t doing it right. 😂. That 2.6 Maggie is the same as what is on the new F/S COPO (and while I haven’t seen the “yet to be released” specs) is likely what’s on the new Drag Packs. These are 7 second factory drag cars and if the 2.7 was as capable as these Magnuson’s, they would be using them. I’m tempted to say mark my words. 😝 ok I just did.
The shop is more than qualified. It hasn't performed well yet so I guess we'll see as more people use them.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Interesting info.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
My pants got a little tighter reading this.

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
The shop is more than qualified. It hasn't performed well yet so I guess we'll see as more people use them.
I will post up information on the Magnuson and Jokerz Performance port work when it’s complete for everyone.
BLKOUT this is your thread....
You want me to post up in here or I can start a new thread on the Magnuson?

OP
Blkout

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #55
I will post up information on the Magnuson and Jokerz Performance port work when it’s complete for everyone.
BLKOUT this is your thread....
You want me to post up in here or I can start a new thread on the Magnuson?
I'd say start a new one so your results don't get lost in this thread.

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Haven't had a chance to fully verify the boost yet, I've seen 14psi on the gauge a few times so far with some spirited driving but it breaks the tires loose as soon as I get in. I can tell a noticeable difference how quickly the boost comes in compared to the stock blower, it builds boost VERY quick with the ported blower, it will go from 0 to 14psi seemingly almost instantly when the throttle is applied. Its certainly noticeable.
I missed it maybe but did the blower need rebuilt? I would do this same process as this blower has proved itself on power. Good info.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Both.

I'm supposed to be DONE with this car. I really should work towards payoff.

This might make me do stupid things again this year.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
adapter to adapt down to the stock 95mm snout inlet.
And therein lies a possible choke point. Does anyone make a snout that is full-size, no 95mm "bottleneck"? (not much of a bottleneck, especially if it's a smooth transition.)

OP
Blkout

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #60
I missed it maybe but did the blower need rebuilt? I would do this same process as this blower has proved itself on power. Good info.
No, my stock blower was fine. 22k miles, no bearing noise or issues. A ported snout and bearing plate was $2250 and you can get the whole race ported package for $2750 which includes a full rebuild with ceramic bearings so it seemed like a no brainer to me.