Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Jacking up a Challenger from the front with a floor jack

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Good till 1/30/20

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
Front Jack pads from Millfast products work well
millfast

71SixPack

Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Elizabeth
State
CO
Country
United States
OP
SNeal5966

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Thread Starter #44
Well....After all the helpful info in this thread, Thanks Guys!, I still do not feel safe lifting one side at a time, and only feel moderately safer with 2 jacks running back and fort side to side to jack it up evenly.

So.....I am going to get a QuickJack 7000 EXT, that way I can reach the lift points without the extenders and also lift my truck safely with it too.

They have a sale going now too, today is the last day. If you get the sale price and sign up for an account to get an additional $100 off you will save a little over $300!

Downside is my wife says we should wait till spring since the car is in storage and I don't "need them" now....lol Women! :rolleyes: But what I heard was I have permission to buy once the car is out of storage! :unsure:;)

So...Here's to an early spring!!!

OP
SNeal5966

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Thread Starter #45
Unfortunately no pics...and the car is in storage for the season. If you click on the link and expand some of the pics, it might give you a better idea. Basically 2 long tube running down each side just behind the pinch weld. Bolted into both front and read subframes. Then some triangulation tubing that ties the 2 side together and also into the carrier bearing mount. Not sure how much it helps on the track (the car is better than I am), but made it much easier for using the QuickJack.

I have the front strut brace from Speedlogix, and the rear was one made by a member on the 'other' forum years ago. Also have the sway bar end links (front and rear) from BMR.

I've gone to maybe a half dozen track days the past couple of years. Always the same course with the same group of guys in Oneonta (about halfway between Binghamton and Albany). If you are interested, hit me up. Could always use another Mopar in the paddock.

Tons of track time, and a great group of folks running it. Son runs it (has a Lotus Evora)...his dad runs a C7 Vette Grand Sport (with a supercharger on it)...and his mom runs a C7 Vette as well.

https://gottrackli.com/
I know where oneonta is, that's not too far from here. I am definitely interested in getting some track time...not to race anyone or try to turn a perfect lap just drive fast and have fun!

OP
SNeal5966

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Thread Starter #46
OH wow, so speaking of QuickJacks, I am not sure everyone knows this but they have a nice new accessory....they have a cross beam adapter for cars like the challenger that have staggered lift points (unless you would rather use the pinch welds of course) this is what I would rather utilize...check this out!

https://www.quickjack.com/accessories/cross-beam-adapter/

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
OH wow, so speaking of QuickJacks, I am not sure everyone knows this but they have a nice new accessory....they have a cross beam adapter for cars like the challenger that have staggered lift points (unless you would rather use the pinch welds of course) this is what I would rather utilize...check this out!

https://www.quickjack.com/accessories/cross-beam-adapter/
Something like that would be nice for say an SUV, but I'm not sure how well it would work on a Challenger. The clearance would be the issue.

You would have to be able to get that adapter up into the trays of each side somehow. I just don't see how you could do it with these cars being so low.

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I know where oneonta is, that's not too far from here. I am definitely interested in getting some track time...not to race anyone or try to turn a perfect lap just drive fast and have fun!
If that's the case, then this is the group for you. Nobody is trying to race anyone. A few folks in the advanced group chase lap times, but are very friendly and courteous. I always just do all I can to stay out of their way.
He also limits total cars to 50 per event, and has 3 separate groups (Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced). So not a ton of cars on the track at the same time. 20 minutes sessions. Usually 7 or 8 session per day. Doesn't sound like a lot, but at other events you usually get maybe 4 session in a day. You'll be wiped out by day end. Not only will you drive fast (1 long straight - actually it's a runway for a private airport - maybe 120 -130 before braking) and have a LOT of fun, you learn so much about your car and will be a much better driver when you leave than when you came.

Just a warning though. You do it once, and you'll be hooked.

Last edited:

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
If that's the case, then this is the group for you. Nobody is trying to race anyone. A few folks in the advanced group chase lap times, but are very friendly and courteous. I always just do all I can to stay out of their way.
He also limits total cars to 50 per event, and has 3 separate groups (Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced). So not a ton of cars on the track at the same time. 20 minutes sessions. Usually 7 or 8 session per day. Doesn't sound like a lot, but at other events you usually get maybe 4 session in a day. You'll be wiped out by day end. Not only will you drive fast (1 long straight - actually it's a runway for a private airport - maybe 120 -130 before braking) and have a LOT of fun, you learn so much about your car and be a much better driver when you leave than when you came.

Just a warning though. You do it once, and you'll be hooked.
That sounds fantastic. Great that you have that available. I'm sure that's all you think about 'till next time your there.

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
That sounds fantastic. Great that you have that available. I'm sure that's all you think about 'till next time your there.
Actually the group that runs it is out of Long Island. They all caravan up the day before...have a group dinner at a fantastic local steakhouse, then have all day to enjoy the track. Look them up. They are always looking for new folks to join them...

https://gottrackli.com/

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
How do you guys using ramps take the wheels off? No one is jacking from the subframes in front? That is a factory lift point. I installed these lift pucks in from. I don’t like lifting from the pinchwelds. It chips the paint.
F0E5EE2D-8165-477E-AD71-F5744814DDEC.jpeg

71SixPack

Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Elizabeth
State
CO
Country
United States
How do you guys using ramps take the wheels off? No one is jacking from the subframes in front? That is a factory lift point. I installed these lift pucks in from. I don’t like lifting from the pinchwelds. It chips the paint.
View attachment 9644
Had the WBRE up on the two piece race ramps. Needed access to the wheel wells. Have front (and rear) Millfast jack pucks installed. Pulled rear section of ramp out of way and using the front pucks raised vehicle from those points. One floor jack each side a couple pumps each at a time. Also have ZL1 Addons rocker guards installed which include front pinch weld lift adapters so used those for safety stands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
That’s my point though. You can’t get by with ramps alone. The ramps are not necessary when lifting with jacks.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
The ramps are not necessary when lifting with jacks.
Or a 2-post lift, or a 4-post lift, but ramps are still nice to have.

71SixPack

Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Elizabeth
State
CO
Country
United States
That’s my point though. You can’t get by with ramps alone. The ramps are not necessary when lifting with jacks.
Very true. Ramps provide enough access for oil changes, etc. under front of car. But not necessary for jacking up front.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I've got race ramps, a QuickJack, low profile floor jack, and jack stands. So I've got my choice of what fits the task best.

Of course, I also have no room for my car, and store it offsite.

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Or a 2-post lift, or a 4-post lift, but ramps are still nice to have.
It’s nice to have all options. I have two covered. A lift is not in my future unfortunately. My garage has limited height. I can reach up and touch the ceiling.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
. A lift is not in my future unfortunately. My garage has limited height. I can reach up and touch the ceiling.
That shouldn't stop you. I put my 4-post outside. It's not supposed to be, according to the instructions, but has made it for about five years, so far.

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
That shouldn't stop you. I put my 4-post outside. It's not supposed to be, according to the instructions, but has made it for about five years, so far.
New England winters would destroy it in short order. Humid summers can’t be much good for it either.

OP
SNeal5966

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Thread Starter #60
back to the cross beam adapter, I think it would fit under a challenger. I think the height they are listing on there is misleading....

I found a youtube video where a guy is lifting a Challenger with a 7000 EXT model, and he's using the SUV adapters without the center height adder, and by the lock of the cross beam it is the same height as that. It appears that the rearward lift adapters they give you with the cross beam are actually the same as the SUV adapter, without the additional center height pin...Here is the video I am referencing...