Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Is there any setting in the apps for my Redeye to keep the exhaust valves open all the time, other than just using track mode.

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Of course in track mode the actuators are open. But has anyone found a setting in the apps to keep the actuators open all the time. Maybe in custom mode or somewhere else. I have the Mfer-1 in stand buy if I need to install them. Thanks

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Nope

OP
Inrfire

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #3
10-4 on that. Looks like the units are going on the back end than!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
There is my wife/ sister again. She keeps popping up in all the out houses. Now here,, same difference. Butt getting to a better place. Got off the fishing pier.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
I really wish they did have a button to open them up when you wanted, regardless off drive mode. I've considered the MFER-1, but sometimes I (or my neighbors) like a little quiet.

OP
Inrfire

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #6
There is my wife/ sister again. She keeps popping up in all the out houses. Now here,, same difference. Butt getting to a better place. Got off the fishing pier.
A unicorn frolics in the meadow, and man with a long cane hops off his back. Only to fall into an endless hole where he enters a time warp. That statement makes about as much sense as yours lol

Last edited:
OP
Inrfire

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #7
I really wish they did have a button to open them up when you wanted, regardless off drive mode. I've considered the MFER-1, but sometimes I (or my neighbors) like a little quiet.
I agree! It sounds really good on the open side. I guess its time to trick the valves into staying happily open! :)

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Had that unicorn for breakfast. With a few Ostridge eggs, not the family in the 70s, butt the big ones, not like pamela, but the furry ones. Critters are good with a slab of spam.

OP
Inrfire

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #9
Had that unicorn for breakfast. With a few Ostridge eggs, not the family in the 70s, butt the big ones, not like pamela, but the furry ones. Critters are good with a slab of spam.
Let me see! Hmmm! List of reasons why one might want to break the glass in case of emergency and use the ignore button. Outright strange, possibly drunk, troublemaker, pest, annoying, or D..... all of the above! Give me the glass breaker now. Hitting button!

Ahhhh, piece and quiet! Now back to the mature members, that aren't "that guy"! lmao

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Infire, lets take a vote on your rambling. Or mine. Yours make about .01 cent less than mine and I do this for fun to break up the seriousness of weak posts like yours. I like to converse with individuals like you, cause it makes my cause much stronger. Do you want to continue with this motivated conversation. If not understanding the word motivation,,, let me spell it out ya. In my book it is called, other than the Ga game right now. And good luck on finding this on your E- Box, the stuff that permeates your entire being of what you want to do and the desire to fight for it. Like Ga and this game. Impresses me, but any time you would like to PM me, mysef, and I please do.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
By the way, you don't know me enough to insult me, but if you did you would know I have been a vegetarian since 1981. Unicorns are not on the menu.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
[popcorn]

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
A unicorn frolics in the meadow, and man with a long cane hops off his back. Only to fall into and endless hole where he enters a time warp. That statement makes about as much sense as yours lol
Scary!
Sounding like kin!

El Gato

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarkston
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Super Stock
You don't need the MFER-1 on the Redeye. Just pull the actuator, remove the spring and then pin or wire the valve open. Replace the actuator without the spring and you are good to go. Valves always open and on the Redeye you will get no codes from the actuator. Been running this way a couple weeks now with no issues

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Let me see! Hmmm! List of reasons why one might want to break the glass in case of emergency and use the ignore button. Outright strange, possibly drunk, troublemaker, pest, annoying, or D..... all of the above! Give me the glass breaker now. Hitting button!

Ahhhh, piece and quiet! Now back to the mature members, that aren't "that guy"! lmao
"that guy" Hickster is a legend.

Proud American

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
You don't need the MFER-1 on the Redeye. Just pull the actuator, remove the spring and then pin or wire the valve open. Replace the actuator without the spring and you are good to go. Valves always open and on the Redeye you will get no codes from the actuator. Been running this way a couple weeks now with no issues
Thanks for putting the train back on the tracks with that insight. Very good answer.

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
What are you talking about?
The O.P. asked a legitimate question, why disrespect him with this kind of reply?

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
What are you talking about?
The O.P. asked a legitimate question, why disrespect him with this kind of reply?

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
So how do the exhaust valves work exactly?
Are they really always open in Track Mode?
Always open on engine start?
Always go open at high throttle settings? How high? In all modes?
Does their behavior act different in various modes (other than track mode)?

I used to have a 96 Camaro Z28. The LT1 was not much of a powerhouse but with long tube headers, no cats and electric exhaust cutout, it sounded way meaner than it was. I could vary the percentage of how open the dump valve was with a switch. This was one of my favorite mods to that car. Stealth mode to almost open header loud on demand or anywhere in between.

It would be nice to have this option on the Hellcat. I have watched a video of the NoWeeds diverter system on a Challenger Hellcat. My thoughts were it is too expensive and ground clearance is lost so, no. I might go with the mid muffler delete at some point but consideration for my neighbors is a concern. The woman across the street has already made a comment about how loud it is. So I'll probably do nothing, it sounds awfully good stock really. Would love to have full control of those little exhaust valves though. I have become oddly attracted to long underpasses, tunnels and parking garages of late...