Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

is the $4000 lojack fee mandatory?

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
If I get Invoice and PD, I'd be happy, you have to leave a little bit on the bone for the dealer... Unless they're Jackwaggons, then go for the throat...
They make money off bonuses, hitting certain volume numbers, and to be honest I think there's a little money below holdback too, there's also aged inventory bonus, etc etc. Fca gives them help to move units

90% of fca dealerships are clowns, I have dealt with over 40 dealerships with fca alone and the majority of them were clowns who didn't know their product or how to handle a lease, and I'm not just talking salespeople, the sales managers and a quite a few gsm are also braindead/ignorant.

So I give fca dealerships no passes, I go straight for the bone when dealing with cars, a dealer doesn't have to sell me the car, I throw an offer out there they usually accept or counter, if the counter is close enough then I usually just take it as my initial offers are usually very very strong. If a dealer sells you a car it's for two reasons, they are trying to get rid of it and/or they are making money off the deal. ( a dealer will not put themselves at a huge loss to sell a car if they don't have to)

I have no sympathy for dealerships most will try every way to screw you, there are some good ones out there but it is a business at the end of the day so I treat shopping like they treat selling.... a business.

That's just my opinion anyway, I totally understand different perspectives.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
And as they say in Vegas..... winner, winner, chicken dinner!!
... Examining
They make money off bonuses, hitting certain volume numbers, and to be honest I think there's a little money below holdback too, there's also aged inventory bonus, etc etc. Fca gives them help to move units

90% of fca dealerships are clowns, I have dealt with over 40 dealerships with fca alone and the majority of them were clowns who didn't know their product or how to handle a lease, and I'm not just talking salespeople, the sales managers and a quite a few gsm are also braindead/ignorant.

So I give fca dealerships no passes, I go straight for the bone when dealing with cars, a dealer doesn't have to sell me the car, I throw an offer out there they usually accept or counter, if the counter is close enough then I usually just take it as my initial offers are usually very very strong.

I have no sympathy for dealerships most will try every way to screw you, there are some good ones out there but it is a business at the end of the day so I treat shopping like they treat selling.... a business.

That's just my opinion anyway, I totally understand different perspectives.
I'll agree with you on product knowledge ...that part amazes me...and the average consumer that hasn't done his homework..he gets nailed to the cross

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Well then why the ridiculous hard sell question? By now this should be old hat. He/she has either had LoJack in every car or just not mastered the art of grasping the process and recognizing hard sales pitches. Whatever the case I’m sure we can get Hemidayz a better deal.
Are you willing to travel? Or place an order? My local guy will take care of you. My new WBRE was below invoice on top of the rebate.
Hey pokeman...If your guy is that aggressive...and can swing me those kinda discounts...when the order banks open up for the WB/RE charger..I'm puttin you to work...hope PD are applicable ...you realize theres gotta be a ppj sandwich in there somewhere for ya

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
... Examining

I'll agree with you on product knowledge ...that part amazes me...and the average consumer that hasn't done his homework..he gets nailed to the cross
Just from my general experience, I have heard stuff like the full horsepower doesn't get unlocked until 500 miles, you can only use the red key on a drag strip, etc etc

Don't get me wrong some of the people knew what they were selling, like one of the guys from koons has a trackhawk, another from a dealership in Ohio had a 392, a sm had a hc, a gsm had demo'd a charger and challenger hc in back to back years.

The Others..... well they were lost lol.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I can't believe that I'm potentially about to become an accomplice in putting one more Charger on the streets.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I can't believe that I'm potentially about to become an accomplice in putting one more Charger on the streets.
oh, the indignity!

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #68
lol this has been long overdue. 🙏

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
More taxis for everybody! Make taxis great again!

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
lama.jpg

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Last edited:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
@Jimmy N., "on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness that Charger are great."
Oh, okay. Aren't those chargers called defibrillators?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
So to just reply as a matter of fact to the op. I looked it up, says a LoJack is about $1g + 40/yr. Don’t you want to be the guy who calmly calls the Owner/ Manager or whatever over, tells the sales person to flat piss off dumb ass, and calmly tells the Mgr or Owner that fact and asks so WTF is the other $3k for? You pushing a fraud on me?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
@Jimmy N., "on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness that Charger are great."

That is what @Stormtrooper1320 is trying to say.

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:;)
Basically yes.....

For @Jimmy N. helping out a fellow forum member and putting one more Charger on the street....he shall not receive any money...but on his death bed, he shall receive total consciousness....so he's got that going for him....which is nice :p

carl.jpeg

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Oh, okay. Aren't those chargers called defibrillators?
Wow...from the sound of it on this forum....Chargers are like the Swiss Army Knife of automobiles. You can race them....use them as taxi cabs....probably deliver pizza in them.....take your girl on hot date night to the drive in, and actually have a back seat that you could use for some fun.....run your parents to the airport WITH their luggage, and WITHOUT one of your elderly parents dislocating a hip getting in and out of the back seat.....use them as a mobile power source....save a life.....i bet that even a Pocket Fisherman will fit in the glovebox..........the possibilities seem endless

If Ron Popeil finds out about this...he is gonna make a fortune :D

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Hey, I only pointed Hemidayz in the right direction. He's on his own now.
And that right direction didn't include what to buy (a 2-door, for example), only where to buy it...and without a Lo jack.

And what is it they say about Swiss army knives and other multi-function tools? That they can do a lot of things, but none of them particularly well.

Last edited:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Hey, I only pointed Hemidayz in the right direction. He's on his own now.
And that right direction didn't include what to buy (a 2-door, for example), only where to buy it...and without a Lo jack.
Yes...but see...you did a good deed. I got the feeling that he was a little down by what he was experiencing, and he came here for actual help.....and he got it. I don't think he was expecting people to jump in and start searching car ads, etc. but not only did he get that, plus a bunch of good advice to keep from getting screwed, he also got some good leads on where to maybe not get screwed based on other member's experience.

Of course.....he might be a little taken back by how quickly some of us were ready to dig a hole and put someone in it.... but hey....you take the good with the better :p

I know we've all felt like this when they keep wanting to sell us that top dollar extended warranty...and we've said NO 5 times already...

girl punch.gif

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Having a couple of backhoes, I'm used to digging holes. But generally they are for myself.
Then all I need to do is figure out how to get out of them.

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #79
Yes...but see...you did a good deed. I got the feeling that he was a little down by what he was experiencing, and he came here for actual help.....and he got it. I don't think he was expecting people to jump in and start searching car ads, etc. but not only did he get that, plus a bunch of good advice to keep from getting screwed, he also got some good leads on where to maybe not get screwed based on other member's experience.

Of course.....he might be a little taken back by how quickly some of us were ready to dig a hole and put someone in it.... but hey....you take the good with the better :p

I know we've all felt like this when they keep wanting to sell us that top dollar extended warranty...and we've said NO 5 times already...

View attachment 20463
Well said. 👏🏼

@Jimmy N. spoke with the dealer you recommended, we’re working on a deal. Not one mention about lo jack lol

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Let me guess..in real life..your a parole officer..:unsure: