Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

I'm going to have to drive in the rain.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6

Stl376

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
O'fallon
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat A8
Today for about 45 min. Zero issues. 2F7F8C15-0F4D-4756-853D-957F5B44BF97.jpeg

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I wonder how many people when they get old, I mean, dying old are going to think "I should have enjoyed my car more then have it sit in the garage because it might rain" :unsure:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I am with a broken neck.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I wonder how many people when they get old, I mean, dying old are going to think "I should have enjoyed my car more then have it sit in the garage because it might rain" :unsure:
Hmmmm..when I'm wracked with pain...gasping for breath...and the reaper is draggin me outta hospice by my useless testicles...to be honest...I wont be thinkin bout my odometer...:giggle::giggle:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Hmmmm..when I'm wracked with pain...gasping for breath...and the reaper is draggin me outta hospice by my useless testicles...to be honest...I wont be thinkin bout my odometer...:giggle::giggle:
I won't either cause I drove my car in the rain:p

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I won't either cause I drove my car in the r such
Twisted testicles notwithstanding.. you will have to answer for that sin on judgement day

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I've driven in the rain, as with any car, it's not a death wish unless you're just freaking stupid about it. I'm more worried by others than I am by me, I've hydroplaned and gotten out of it by judicious driving. Once, though, I couldn't keep it under control (basically the 1 inch drop between the abutment and the bridge surface had collected water so it was instant hydroplane) in a pick up and we smashed front and back, then over to the other side of the bridge and smashed up onto the side of the railing on the side of the truck, I was looking out the passenger's window at traffic below the bridge, then the truck bounced back onto its wheels and rolled off the end of the bridge backwards. And a good friend of mine was killed in hydroplaning conditions as mentioned. There's risk (as with just driving the car) - if you don't feel like risking it, if you do, do.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I've driven in the rain, as with any car, it's not a death wish unless you're just freaking stupid about it. I'm more worried by others than I am by me, I've hydroplaned and gotten out of it by judicious driving. Once, though, I couldn't keep it under control (basically the 1 inch drop between the abutment and the bridge surface had collected water so it was instant hydroplane) in a pick up and we smashed front and back, then over to the other side of the bridge and smashed up onto the side of the railing on the side of the truck, I was looking out the passenger's window at traffic below the bridge, then the truck bounced back onto its wheels and rolled off the end of the bridge backwards. And a good friend of mine was killed in hydroplaning conditions as mentioned. There's risk (as with just driving the car) - if you don't feel like risking it, if you do, do.
I've done the hydroplaning thing...more disconcerting than icy conditions..only hit a jersey barrier once..hit it head on..impact wasn't bad..(but substantial damage)....but my reason for zero H20 tolerance..I'm anal...no let me re-phrase that..I'm a jerk..my cars have never been wet..and never will be...(there gonna be awesome cars for the next guy););)

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I don't mind except I took the plate off the top of the air intake and dealthly afraid that it will keep me up all night. Thinking of how wet it will get and suck that $50 filter into a ball. While I was in the hospital the ex took the opportunity to move all my man stuff into my garage. Whom knows where in the hell it is. Haven't had a problem yet,,, but. 2:30 am and still thinking about it.