Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

IC Chiller install & review

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Now youz guys no dat day make 4- 2- 5 differant compressorz 2 deez chillers, right, left, don't know? Each 1nz have different coolant ranges. I, myself, and me are in da development of anew 1. Magnetic cumpressor wit 0 muvin parts. No noise, no refrigerant, nuthin 2 break.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Suwanee
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
How long can this system be under load before it heat soaks?

i.e., 1/4m is ~10secs, 1m is ~30sec, 2.5m road course is 2:20m/lap (but under varying loads obviously)
We have not tested on Road course and Onur is planning to test using electric compressor and hoping for his data. We have some guys running 1/2 mile with aux tank.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Have youz tried 2 uze additional HX 2 take heat out and add additional HP? Dis duz wurks if applied corerectly. Youz know da drill. Less heat = moe?? I wood bee thankin of a few moe whore use da. Inhibited glychol on da liquad suction linez. 3/8s copper wit 3/4 Armaflex cuveren glued in place. Will dispurse alot of heat.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yes, I’m slow. But I’m upper pulley, intake and e85. Not too shabby. Can do better in the launch, that’s just stabbing it on green
For only those mods. That is cooking with gas man. Good damn work.

My car decided to bless me with electrical issues literally 30min before go time. A small army tried to save my chances but I can't make HRDW in time. It only starts with a power source connected directly to starter and jumping solenoid. Either the started is done despite testing good or wiring/grounds or both. Acting like it's drawing too much or the car can't supply enough.

Race car life I guess.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #185
For only those mods. That is cooking with gas man. Good damn work.

My car decided to bless me with electrical issues literally 30min before go time. A small army tried to save my chances but I can't make HRDW in time. It only starts with a power source connected directly to starter and jumping solenoid. Either the started is done despite testing good or wiring/grounds or both. Acting like it's drawing too much or the car can't supply enough.

Race car life I guess.
That sucks man sorry to hear that. Hopefully you get it sorted out. I’ve seen starters go bad out of nowhere like that, you have to take it out and jump it with a battery and see what it does

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Assplode if wired backasswardz. I uzed 2 rewire bikes after sumone screwed em up 2 da point day couldn't fixem. Unholy crap. Rewiring bikes is all most ass boren az truen up spoke wheelz. Vary time consumen wit little 2 show fer it assept no smoke and da head light wurks. Guud luck.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Suwanee
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Just FYI - We would at PRI SHOW BOOTH # 4707. In case, anyone coming and wants to talk and meet us.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #188
Have to redo some of the hoses, seems I sprung a leak somewhere - thinking (hoping) the 3 way valve. Going to switch to fittings on the valve. Yes, I used a ton of thread paste and torqued them to the m00n

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Have to redo some of the hoses, seems I sprung a leak somewhere - thinking (hoping) the 3 way valve. Going to switch to fittings on the valve. Yes, I used a ton of thread paste and torqued them to the m00n
It's probably the 3 way if the leak is coolant. Mine might still be leaking there took. I took the front bumper off once to fix it best I could. I will need new fittings and sealant as well. It's like 95+ percent now. I'm not losing coolant and not making puddles anymore...but it still sweats on occasion.

I'll need to be in touch with IC about redoing the low side suction line to the compressor in my application. It is TIGHT to the block/head/valve cover mating surfaces. So much so that it took all I had to wedge a slice of rubber in there to protect it from rub damage.

Doublewide

Member ID
Reactions
City
Little Rock
State
AR
Country
United States
How much of a difference does the 3 way valve make? I ordered mine without it and wondering if I made a mistake.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Isn't the three way valve AN fittings? No thread paste required and no torque to the moon. Can you throw a photo of what you are talking about here, I'm concerned.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #192
Isn't the three way valve AN fittings? No thread paste required and no torque to the moon. Can you throw a photo of what you are talking about here, I'm concerned.
I had the the npt plastic fittings for the brass 3 way valve. Put thread paste on, saw some coolant around threads. Coolant level is down 1/2”. 2 spots on garage floor at both sides of front belly pan of coolant. Have to pull it apart. Going to switch the metal AN fittings (still npt on valve side) like you have. Metal fittings seem to seep better

Last edited:
OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #193
Sorry, should have specified coolant valve

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #194
How much of a difference does the 3 way valve make? I ordered mine without it and wondering if I made a mistake.
Well if you want to drive the car with the ac off when it’s warm out/cold out, you need it so that you still use the factory heat exhanger. I tested running with ac off, heat exchanger bypassed and ic coolant temps got above 100. Let it go through heat exchanger and dropped into the 70s

Member ID
Reactions
City
Suwanee
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I’ve changed to aluminum fittings. Reach out to me

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I’ve changed to aluminum fittings. Reach out to me
I could use those fittings too come spring time. Also I'll grab pictures of the compressor sunction line I'm talking about.

Car is asleep til at least March though.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Suwanee
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
All - We went to PRI Show and won the product showcase award. We really appreciate all the members who supports us and always spreading the good words about us.

Attachments

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #198
All - We went to PRI Show and won the product showcase award. We really appreciate all the members who supports us and always spreading the good words about us.
Congrats! Great product!

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #199
I could use those fittings too come spring time. Also I'll grab pictures of the compressor sunction line I'm talking about.

Car is asleep til at least March though.
@fubar569 what I did was cracked the fitting loose first, mounted it to the compressor, and indexed it with the hose on it (marked with a marker). Took it off the compressor, and then torqued it down on the connector. Hope this helps. I have had zero issues with the AC lines/part of the chiller, kit is rock solid

Last edited:

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat A8 and 2016 M6
I have read all the post and I plan on installing the IC chiller also with the aux. tank but it seems like most the problem's I see is with the 3 way valve? if you by pass the 3 way valve. That tells me I really don't have to have it? I don't have to run any wires in my car anyway for any kind of switch if I don't have to.And I'm sure that IC chiller will come with good instruction's? Just assuming that and you know what they say about assuming!! Is there anything you guys can think of I should pay attention to? Thanks, Robert