Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

How to did track prep off car?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
So 3 passes on the 315s after huge changes in the car. I spun on 1 pass after a huge tune change. I was working on getting the setup right.

Big question is, how many competition wins do you have? Do you ever attend any events?

You can find me all over youtube beating a bunch of different cars. Just look.
I have won a few races in my time. I won a race at the end of the year and picked up a different car next year and one the 1st race. This isn't about winning races it is about doing a good enough burnout so the tires work. When my car was stock running 10s it hooked easily. Added a few hundred hp changes that

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #42
I removed my burnbox. It would put traction control back in street when I released the button causing the car to try and stop the wheels from spinning. Sounded like it wanted to break an axle.
My burnbox worked great, what I do is I let off the throttle and let off the brakes before I release the button. Also, if you double tap the SRT button, it’ll put the car in the custom mode quickly. So I have my custom mode setup for passes. So as soon as I’m done with the burnbox, I double tap the srt button and then I’m ready

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I have won a few races in my time. I won a race at the end of the year and picked up a different car next year and one the 1st race. This isn't about winning races it is about doing a good enough burnout so the tires work. When my car was stock running 10s it hooked easily. Added a few hundred hp changes that
When you're testing it's about getting the setup right so when you do actually race you have a baseline to work from.

I was making changes to see how the car reacted. My burnouts are just fine. Plenty of smoke and I do a rolling burnout which you can't do with traction control on. I don't chuck the tires and leave rubber all over the track.

When a drag radial is worn out from to many heat cycles it goes away very quickly.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
My burnbox worked great, what I do is I let off the throttle and let off the brakes before I release the button. Also, if you double tap the SRT button, it’ll put the car in the custom mode quickly. So I have my custom mode setup for passes. So as soon as I’m done with the burnbox, I double tap the srt button and then I’m ready
I prefer a rolling burnout. Dry scuffs the tires to get them clean.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #45
Everyone has their own ritual, it’s about what works for everyone. Play nice guys. I always thought a rolling burnout was better (past the tree) because you left a pattern for your car to ride on, hook on. Could be wrong about that though

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Everyone has their own ritual, it’s about what works for everyone. Play nice guys. I always thought a rolling burnout was better (past the tree) because you left a pattern for your car to ride on, hook on. Could be wrong about that though
With our cars we have to stop inside of the tree so I'm stopping pretty hard to prevent that.

If you stop where you've done the burnout, you need to dry scuff to remove the debris off of your tires.

This is my opinion and it works for me. Your results could actually suck.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yep, pretty sure I did it after I rolled through the water. You know Orlando though, they try making you line up and burnout before the people in front of you even leave. Didn’t even need the water but I wasn’t going to go around it and then be closer to the people in front of me so they could sling crap all over my car
Keep your distance. I was at a slick only t&t. The Camaro in front of me blew the whole 4 link out the back of the car and it was rolling my way. Fortunately I was on the outside of the water box.

Which lane did you line-up in?

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #48
Keep your distance. I was at a slick only t&t. The Camaro in front of me blew the whole 4 link out the back of the car and it was rolling my way. Fortunately I was on the outside of the water box.

Which lane did you line-up in?
Lane 2 (right lane), I was stuck in the slow car lane (4&5) and didn’t know it - apparently that’s for the stock tire/radial cars and moved over. They let 1&2 run back to back just about

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #49
Left lane (lane 1) last pass I spun half the track. Right lane (lane 2) was definitely hooking a lot better, I didn’t do anything differently. Tire pressure may have been a bit higher because it was less than 5 minutes after a 9.8 pass and didn’t have a chance to lower them

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Lane 2 (right lane), I was stuck in the slow car lane (4&5) and didn’t know it - apparently that’s for the stock tire/radial cars and moved over. They let 1&2 run back to back just about
You were in the wrong lanes.

Bottom of the pecking order. 1,2 or 3 which is no time. Fresher prep.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #51
You were in the wrong lanes.

Bottom of the pecking order. 1,2 or 3 which is no time. Fresher prep.
Yep, found that out after talking to someone. Was the first time at that track

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yep, found that out after talking to someone. Was the first time at that track
How far are you from south georgia motorsports park? We were there during sick week. Pretty nice track.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #53
How far are you from south georgia motorsports park? We were there during sick week. Pretty nice track.
Little over 2 hours

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Last edited:

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I know you won $2000 the first year you had the car. Just wondering how much $ DavidK has won lately? Great looking car BTW![poke][popcorn] B42C1E69-FB97-49D9-A3AA-EE0790E25AE0.jpeg E60B9398-41C2-49F4-8A04-89CA9B8CB365.jpeg

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I know you won $2000 the first year you had the car. Just wondering how much $ DavidK has won lately? Great looking car BTW![poke][popcorn] View attachment 98489 View attachment 98490
His cash winnings far exceeds mine and his car is way faster than mine.

If I was racing for money it wouldn't be with this platform. That's for damn sure.

Tell us all about your badass hellcat?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
His cash winnings far exceeds mine and his car is way faster than mine.

If I was racing for money it wouldn't be with this platform. That's for damn sure.

Tell us all about your badass hellcat?
I bought my car from SilverBillet. He bought it new

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I bought my car from SilverBillet. He bought it new
I bought mine new. Actually leased it and bought it out so maybe I'm the 2nd owner?

MXS67454

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge
Hey guys, any pointers on the best way to get sticky track prep off the car? Tried alcohol, tried goof off. Open to suggestions
I've used charcoal lighter fluid for decades. soak a rag to where it's dripping. dab the area getting it wet and rub lightly. the rubber will almost fall off. or pour fluid on your fingers and work it around letting fluid to the work. won't harm paint and the fluid evaporates leaving no residue.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I've used charcoal lighter fluid for decades. soak a rag to where it's dripping. dab the area getting it wet and rub lightly. the rubber will almost fall off. or pour fluid on your fingers and work it around letting fluid to the work. won't harm paint and the fluid evaporates leaving no residue.
A little flame should hasten the process.