Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

How often do you visit your spot?

How often do you visit your 'spot' for spirited driving?

• Daily

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • 3 times a week

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 1 or 2 times a week

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • A few times a month

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • I don't have a spot or drive the car spiritedly

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • I don't have a spot, I only do spirited driving on the track

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #21
My spots 1/2 mile from home (with quick escape route back to garage if needed :) 1/2 mile of bridge, 2 miles of run out, quick turn around with out stopping, can run in opposite direction as well. I can make 4 1/4 runs in 10-15 minutes without heating up the brakes s even. I just have to quit sharing the place or it’s going to get ruined.

Need to get that trans looked at, it's shifting a little rough ..... :)

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #22
oh, and I ain't standing in the road with the camera when a car is coming at 170.... just me

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #23
After thinking about it I too realize that almost every outing in the car I head out to one of the spots I use. Not everytime, but nearly. I don't get to drive the car nearly enough. Otherwise I'd probably have to switch my vote to "daily"

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
After thinking about it I too realize that almost every outing in the car I head out to one of the spots I use. Not everytime, but nearly. I don't get to drive the car nearly enough. Otherwise I'd probably have to switch my vote to "daily"
Have you put the GTO up for sale yet??? Inquiring minds want to know...

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
My spots 1/2 mile from home (with quick escape route back to garage if needed :) 1/2 mile of bridge, 2 miles of run out, quick turn around with out stopping, can run in opposite direction as well. I can make 4 1/4 runs in 10-15 minutes without heating up the brakes s even. I just have to quit sharing the place or it’s going to get ruined.

On the 170mph pass , it sounds soo cool , almost like a jet going bye.

I don't really have a spot , I know , you don't have to say it. Track Monster.

Last edited:

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
No real spot exists where I roam. I kinda addressed that in the top speed thread. Gotta go way out of route to find that kind of real estate.

Plus, my DL is tied to my income. CDL. If I got popped doing 140 in a 70mph, I'd more than likely lose my job and would have a real hard time getting hired again.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
No real spot exists where I roam. I kinda addressed that in the top speed thread. Gotta go way out of route to find that kind of real estate.

Plus, my DL is tied to my income. CDL. If I got popped doing 140 in a 70mph, I'd more than likely lose my job and would have a real hard time getting hired again.
I get a lot of enjoyment in my canyon runs, believe it or not. Would love to "punch it" (as my 6 year old says every time in the Hellcat), but last thing I need is a suspended license or felony as my securities licenses could be at risk.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Getting a "Reckless" is something that is no fun for anybody...

Getting one when you drive for a living... Nope....

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
On the 170mph pass , it sounds soo cool , almost like a jet going bye.

I don't really have a spot , I know , you don't have to say it.
I’ll say it. Find you a spot. I used to have one coming in the neighborhood where I’d like to leave these long ass obnoxious stripes, but then I didn’t want to get pegged as “that guy” that leaves the long ass obnoxious stripes coming in the neighborhood lol... We have HOA. Now some camaro ss is doing it in THE SAME SPOT. Freaking douchebag! No respect!

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Driving a Hellcat is a continual lesson in self control and maturity. That SC whine is always seducing me it seems.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I’ll say it. Find you a spot. I used to have one coming in the neighborhood where I’d like to leave these long ass obnoxious stripes, but then I didn’t want to get pegged as “that guy” that leaves the long ass obnoxious stripes coming in the neighborhood lol... We have HOA. Now some camaro ss is doing it in THE SAME SPOT. Freaking douchebag! No respect!
It's not a DD so when I do get it out I rip it when the feeling is rite , not at any particular spot or when I get it out I'm going to the track anyway, lol.

Last edited:

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Driving a Hellcat is a continual lesson in self control and maturity. That SC whine is always seducing me it seems.
Not only that, I have my 6 year old son egging me on. :rolleyes: I hear him giggling in the back when we do an onramp launch. Great times...

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Not only that, I have my 6 year old son egging me on. :rolleyes: I hear him giggling in the back when we do an onramp launch. Great times...
I remember the same thing with my son & daughter when they were little , & saying punch it , lol , yeah , that doesn't help much like I needed any extra push.
Now they are 30 & 38 years old , WTF !

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Good memories !

Now I have a 14 yo grand daughter , that I need to get in the HC , that will be fun !

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I remember the same thing with my son & daughter when they were little , & saying punch it , lol , yeah , that doesn't help much like I needed any extra push.
Now they are 30 & 38 years old , WTF !
Great memories. My 8 year old son likes it also but is more apprehensive. Now I know who to look out for when they learn to drive :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Great memories. My 8 year old son likes it also but is more apprehensive. Now I know who to look out for when they learn to drive :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:.
ENJOY THEM !

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #37
Have you put the GTO up for sale yet??? Inquiring minds want to know...
No. Not yet. Between all the medical crap (kidney stones, et. al.), the businesses, the kids, etc... I have not been able to wash and at least wipe down the interior. Can't bring myself to put it up for sale looking like a dark brown tumble weed. But I really need to do it. I'm embarrassed. lol, in the old days, I washed the car (which ever one was the "shit" at that time) 3 times a week. Admittedly, no kids, no businesses (worked for Fortune 10 company), but still. I paying for a bunch of stupid shit I did in my youth.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #38
I get a lot of enjoyment in my canyon runs, believe it or not. Would love to "punch it" (as my 6 year old says every time in the Hellcat), but last thing I need is a suspended license or felony as my securities licenses could be at risk.
My kids, even if we were in the Expeditions, saw some doofus getting on it would chorus "race the charger, bro"

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #39
Video tape him and put him on youtube and the big screen at the next HOA meeting....

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
No. Not yet. Between all the medical crap (kidney stones, et. al.), the businesses, the kids, etc... I have not been able to wash and at least wipe down the interior. Can't bring myself to put it up for sale looking like a dark brown tumble weed. But I really need to do it. I'm embarrassed. lol, in the old days, I washed the car (which ever one was the "shit" at that time) 3 times a week. Admittedly, no kids, no businesses (worked for Fortune 10 company), but still. I paying for a bunch of stupid shit I did in my youth.
Hope you are feeling better. Take care.