Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

How many people plan to subcribe to SiriusXM after their trial subscription expires?

How many people plan to subcribe to SiriusXM after their trial subscription expires?

• Yes

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

HellcatMike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Once your free year trial subscription ends on your Charger Hellcat, how many people plan to continue their SiriusXM subscription?

HellcatFan

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
If you hold out until it expires they'll start sending you coupons for $5 a month lol.

Member ID
Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
If you hold out until it expires they'll start sending you coupons for $5 a month lol.
This is good to know, I really enjoy Ozzy's Bone Yard.

OP
HellcatMike

HellcatMike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
Ozzy's Boneyard and Hair Nation are both pretty good.

RonHellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
I normally just stream music from my phone so it's a no vote for me.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Once your free year trial subscription ends on your Charger Hellcat, how many people plan to continue their SiriusXM subscription?
Odd, shows you as a robot.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I'm already down to 5 a month for an entire year.

I won't reactivate til winter is over.

Grab a 6 month promo and I'm good for 90% of my driving season.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
When I bought my car I picked up the balance of the extended warranty from orig owner for a $50 transfer fee. I never renewed SiriusXM but it just keeps playing. Been @ 3yrs. Am I getting a bill? They must have my name on file somewhere. Lol.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Hate their off shore CS and since Im a seasonal driver I wont bother.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
New cars require the subscription with SiriusXM for Uconnect.

steven_sbs

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Southern
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Plum Crazy 2019 Redeye Widebody
I admit I renew my subscription. I've gotten promo letters right before the trial runs out to get an extra month or something. I actually have a subscription for my Redeye, RAM truck, a home radio, and my wife's Subaru. All together we get a multi unit discount. I don't listen to a lot of the channels. Mostly Howard Stern, the comedy stuff, bluegrass junction, and NPR. Oh, and Grateful Dead, sometimes Classic Rewind. Mostly I have it for long trips so I always hove something to listen to. Was all of that too much information for you?

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I admit I renew my subscription. I've gotten promo letters right before the trial runs out to get an extra month or something. I actually have a subscription for my Redeye, RAM truck, a home radio, and my wife's Subaru. All together we get a multi unit discount. I don't listen to a lot of the channels. Mostly Howard Stern, the comedy stuff, bluegrass junction, and NPR. Oh, and Grateful Dead, sometimes Classic Rewind. Mostly I have it for long trips so I always hove something to listen to. Was all of that too much information for you?
I have the subscription for the Uconnect. Use Pandora for my music.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
New cars require the subscription with SiriusXM for Uconnect.
What exactly are the services of Unconnect?

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
What exactly are the services of Unconnect?
Things like the phone app allowing remote starts and lock/unlock and GPS location to verify your car is still where you left it. That's what I use anyway.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Things like the phone app allowing remote starts and lock/unlock and GPS location to verify your car is still where you left it. That's what I use anyway.
I was following a thread at the old site a few months ago where a Demon had been stolen. Apparently, the Uconnect was worthless in finding the car. The owner said it was communicating, but Uconnect (whoever that is) wouldn't assist in locating the car. I would be livid if that happened to me. Some have added LoJack for security. Any input on that?

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
If XM/Sirius doesn't offer me a good deal to extend beyond the free trial period, I don't think twice about letting the subscription die. With the ability to stream music from my phone, I really don't see the benefit other than if I happen to be driving through a non-Verizon cell region of the country, which up to now, I rarely if ever do.

I get resentful when they try to deny lower monthly costs than I know they're offering elsewhere. So far, my life has been just fine without a subscription.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Yes, I renew the XM as I enjoy the music. Was told Uconnect renews every 5 years. Anyone know how much it is?

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
I was following a thread at the old site a few months ago where a Demon had been stolen. Apparently, the Uconnect was worthless in finding the car. The owner said it was communicating, but Uconnect (whoever that is) wouldn't assist in locating the car.
I'm not surprised at hearing this. Based on my experience, it seems UConnect is wearing the pants in the FCA/UConnect relationship.

I foolishly did a UConnect software update on my old '15 Scat. I hadn't done one in a while, and this is when it supposedly would bring CarPlay to the UConnect. I didn't get CarPlay, but what I did get was total loss of Sport Mode, Shift Light (M6), lost my heated/cooled front seats, etc.

I worked closely with a dealer, who was told by FCA to order a new head unit. The dealer refused. When I pushed, he stated he had been burned too many times for the cost ($1,600 each) when UConnect would refuse to reimburse FCA who was supposed to then reimburse the dealer.

I fronted the money for the new head unit (and got reimbursed by FCA), but it turned out not to be the solution. What happened was the software itself rewrote my BCM, reverting its file on my build configuration to an A8 base model SXT from what it was, an M6 6.4L Scat Pack. Had to have a Star Case opened, and the regional Star Technician come out and retrieve my original build file from Detrioit to reinstall on my BCM to fix it.

He pulled me aside later and said "Never do a UConnect update unless you absolutely have to; they do nothing but cause problems".

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
I'm not surprised at hearing this. Based on my experience, it seems UConnect is wearing the pants in the FCA/UConnect relationship.

I foolishly did a UConnect software update on my old '15 Scat. I hadn't done one in a while, and this is when it supposedly would bring CarPlay to the UConnect. I didn't get CarPlay, but what I did get was total loss of Sport Mode, Shift Light (M6), lost my heated/cooled front seats, etc.

I worked closely with a dealer, who was told by FCA to order a new head unit. The dealer refused. When I pushed, he stated he had been burned too many times for the cost ($1,600 each) when UConnect would refuse to reimburse FCA who was supposed to then reimburse the dealer.

I fronted the money for the new head unit (and got reimbursed by FCA), but it turned out not to be the solution. What happened was the software itself rewrote my BCM, reverting its file on my build configuration to an A8 base model SXT from what it was, an M6 6.4L Scat Pack. Had to have a Star Case opened, and the regional Star Technician come out and retrieve my original build file from Detrioit to reinstall on my BCM to fix it.

He pulled me aside later and said "Never do a UConnect update unless you absolutely have to; they do nothing but cause problems".
That is great info. No Uconnect update!

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
That is great info. No Uconnect update!
Doesn't it do it automatically? How do you turn off?