Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hellcat vs C8 Dig & 40 roll

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Have you sat in one? From what I understand the C8 has 16 inches more leg room than the C7. I had a C7 and at only 601 I hardly fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I sat in one at Barrett Jackson this year in Scottsdale. It honestly didn’t feel any bigger inside than my Uncle’s C7. I mean maybe it had a pinch more legroom, but I didn’t notice anything. I still love the car, but it will never find it’s way into my garage.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Not only cars...clothes..beds...alotta things are tough for you big guys
If you’re short and fat you’re set, but 6’8” and 225lbs it’s kind of a bitch. I guess there’s worse problems to have, but there are some cars out there that have broke my heart because I’m just too damn tall.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
If you’re short and fat you’re set, but 6’8” and 225lbs it’s kind of a bitch. I guess there’s worse problems to have, but there are some cars out there that have broke my heart because I’m just too damn tall.
On my best day..(in the morning)..maybe im 5'9"....But I fit in all the cool cars...my friend who's 6'6"...fits in my HC though

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
It is pretty impressive the way it launches you have to admit, I mean it sound like it shifts from 1st to 2nd gear in maybe the first second that it is rolling out.

It is truly a toy car with the seating layout whereas our boats are/can be family cars all day.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Come on this is truly awesome a 4 door Charger (fastest Hellcat ever made) walks a Corvette:p
i mean what Hellcat owner wouldn’t be :LOL: all the way home and sure roll call beat her but for most of us road warriors that’s the real deal:geek:
And oh yeah:whistle: can you throw me a Vote:) HFCOTM
918776D8-1D97-4D3F-AE8D-2DC36DDDF62B.jpeg C4F354AF-4625-48B9-9869-FB4680EFA9F8.jpeg 7A349C66-0C6F-46BA-923D-CE782492FE2F.jpeg

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
My leg had a cramp in it for 2 days from climbing into and barely out of a C7Z06. What a miserable experience.
I've been hearing great things about the C8 interior space. It's compact - but only where it needs to be. No sacrifices to leg or headroom.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
My leg had a cramp in it for 2 days from climbing into and barely out of a C7Z06. What a miserable experience.
I've been hearing great things about the C8 interior space. It's compact - but only where it needs to be. No sacrifices to leg or headroom.
I can't drive my wife's C7 because of the seat. The sides jam into my legs and its very uncomfortable. It cuts off my circulation and my legs go numb.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Exactly what I keep saying. My local racing group has a guy that keeps posting stuff like this. Because a Hellcat doesn't run a 10 on stock power. 🤣
The mustang guys are on my side. LOL
you mean posting vids with dig launches and saying HC s are slow?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

This one doesn’t turn out any better and it’s a Redeye. Those C8’s can launch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Is all about the launch control... power is useless unless it can be controlled.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Performance aside...the C8 is a remarkable car...Its no HC/RE/Demon...my wife and I spent the day out in it over the week end..she said don't you like this better than your Challengers..".the C8"...is now officially my wifes car..I'm not knocking it...but it aint a HC
I bet it is a great car I have no issues with the Vette personally. Just not my thing.
Even as a kid a '56 Chev or a RoadRunner would get my attention. I walked past sports cars uninterested.
I had to tow a Ferrari when I was younger and did not enjoy trying to get in and out of it.
I had to move a Lambo pace car at the Grand Prix years later and hated that experience also. LOL
I thoroughly enjoyed driving the GM Players series Trans Am on the track however.
I guess there is no hope for me.
Things like Motorhead's LS powered Lemans wagon are more my style.
I do however have an appreciation for these type of sports cars now that I am older.
Honestly I feel extremely lucky to be able to own a car the caliber of the Hellcat.
you mean posting vids with dig launches and saying HC s are slow?
Yep that's about it in a nut shell.
Then if there is proof otherwise then there is the well it can't be stock and such. Can't win. LOL

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
There is no way a car nearly 1000 lb more heavy is going to put that weight into motion from a dead stop as quick with the same amount of and type of rubber to the road (street). In motion with good traction, WITH THE ADDITIONAL POWER A CHALLENGER has, yes, we will pull them. None of this is a surprise.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Only problem is there's not always enough road....

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I bet it is a great car I have no issues with the Vette personally. Just not my thing.
Even as a kid a '56 Chev or a RoadRunner would get my attention. I walked past sports cars uninterested.
I had to tow a Ferrari when I was younger and did not enjoy trying to get in and out of it.
I had to move a Lambo pace car at the Grand Prix years later and hated that experience also. LOL
I thoroughly enjoyed driving the GM Players series Trans Am on the track however.
I guess there is no hope for me.
Things like Motorhead's LS powered Lemans wagon are more my style.
I do however have an appreciation for these type of sports cars now that I am older.
Honestly I feel extremely lucky to be able to own a car the caliber of the Hellcat.

Yep that's about it in a nut shell.
Then if there is proof otherwise then there is the well it can't be stock and such. Can't win. LOL
I agree...never had a desire for the exotics..my friend has a McLaren..its just not me...the C8 's a great car..and my wife 's gonna love it..I have my Demon..HC..and other Mopars...I'll be fine...:):):)

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I agree...never had a desire for the exotics..my friend has a McLaren..its just not me...the C8 's a great car..and my wife 's gonna love it..I have my Demon..HC..and other Mopars...I'll be fine...:):):)
Mine may want one too but not a C8. I'm working on her. So she may need to compromise and get one of the "older" models but with a couple of certain factory upgrades so I can steal it a few days a year. Like that one that is just a bit more fancy and lighter, but, damn it comes with the supercharger? Really? It helps the gas mileage right?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I can't drive my wife's C7 because of the seat. The sides jam into my legs and its very uncomfortable. It cuts off my circulation and my legs go numb.
Not the C8..you could drive it from here to Calgary...Its inordinately comfortable for this type of vehicle

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Not the C8..you could drive it from here to Calgary...Its inordinately comfortable for this type of vehicle
You could if the border was open.
😉😆

Sorry I guess I'm bored.🤭

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You could if the border was open.
😉😆

Sorry I guess I'm bored.🤭
lol...as we all are...this really does blow...its almost scary to think bout the travel ban between our respective countries

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hellcat was my Dream car! My Dad had a Dart and Challenger when I was little and remember the Challenger. Growing up Dodge never had shit was either Camaro, Firebird, or Mustang in late 80's early 90's. Knew I had to have a Challenger and glad I waited until I could get the HC. I ordered mine with the M6 which isn't going to tear it up at the track but love driving it! I respect all the muscle and sports cars of today but I love my Mopar and how others stack up against it doesn't really matter to me. Maybe I'm different. I wouldn't put the Vette in the same category as a HC but it is to knock us I guess. I really enjoy so many members and their builds! Some of you guys are insane and I love it! Glad to be a part of a great group!

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Really... those GT seats seem stiff and have the same concave design with the wings on the side. I was bummed I ordered the upgraded seats after hearing the base seats are more comfortable. I am not even sure I am keeping this thing.

Yesterday we took the vette to get a haircut and my wife just laughed at me trying to get out of the car. She asked me if I was sure I wanted the C8. Her suggestion is to keep the cat and let her drive the C7 for a while until the Z06 comes out in 2020.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Really... those GT seats seem stiff and have the same concave design with the wings on the side. I was bummed I ordered the upgraded seats after hearing the base seats are more comfortable. I am not even sure I am keeping this thing.

Yesterday we took the vette to get a haircut and my wife just laughed at me trying to get out of the car. She asked me if I was sure I wanted the C8. Her suggestion is to keep the cat and let her drive the C7 for a while until the Z06 comes out in 2020.
I would like to hear of real time driving the C8 for many many miles and the get in and get out reality.
I have owned the C5,C6 and C7 Corvettes and each one was crawl in and crawl out which I have a hard time believing the new C8 is really any different. Even my Mustangs are border line crawl in crawl out as well as my Supra for sure. Damn we are spoiled by our Hellcats and one reason I sold my Stingray since my Hellcats smoked her.