Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Has anyone installed laser jammers in their Hellcat?

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
Talked to a sheriff who does a lot of radar work. He says he knows when he's jammed and pulls the car over right away. Says he make life meserable for the offender.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
The jammers will work, BUT, if you are hauling ass, they are shooting you at relatively short distances. When they can’t get a fix on something obvious? You may have an unpleasant conversation.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Just fyi, most states do not require an officer to have a radar or other device telling him you're speeding. If he paces you or "uses his years of experience in the field" to be able to tell you're speeding, he can nail you. Most won't because it's a bigger hassle to prosecute. You also have no right to view the radar gun or other device (how many times I've had clients say this just makes me laugh). And, it's pretty easy for them to tell you're jamming or, more accurately, providing false returns. Whether they wish to bother with it depends on how stupid you are. 80 in a 75, they won't care. 90 you're pushing it. 100+, unless he's off duty, or going somewhere else important, you'll probably get pulled. I've been pulled over in all these situations and I never needed a machine to get me out of the ticket - know how to talk to them and how to present yourself, how to act. Generally your good. But it's your funds, as always, everyone can do what they prefer.

lol, you can think about it, but donnnnn't do it

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Agreed

It's the difference between RF and Optical.

Interfering with radio waves bad

Interfering with light, ok

I dislike the state to state bs as well, just make it uniform, most states allow?
Radar detectors? Make em legal, radar jammers illegal? They are illegal... move on.

Sometimes I feel like people make sh*t too complicated.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
The jammers will work, BUT, if you are hauling ass, they are shooting you at relatively short distances. When they can’t get a fix on something obvious? You may have an unpleasant conversation.
100% true, even if you get caught braking hard they can only give you a ticket on pacing and that's an easy case to win in court.

@Magnified 100% true, some states are blood thirsty tho and I have heard that laser jammers mess with speed cameras as well, Virginia is notorious for this.

On surface streets I keep it to 5 over under 50 and 10 over under 65.

Sometimes tho you let loose on the on-ramps or open sections of highway and don't wanna get tagged.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I, of course, dated a Pinellas Co detective, right out of playboy. Got promoted to DEA out of DC. We did a many of tests with the drawyer full of jammers and dectectors . Some worked and sum didn't. Didn't make a difference the $$spent. Jammers are usually used in an instant on situation. I have 3 and 2 work. K and KA will pick up after the fact but the jammer scrambles the signal to where it turns the screen snowy. I have one that claims to pick up signals as far as 5 miles. Alot can happen in 5 miles. I live 6 miles from McDill AFB, Tampa, what can happen with the F22's in that space. AC8 so called friend and hen has spent thousands on combinations of 360 degrees units. If I was that paranoid, I would park it. Like spoke before, it is a flip of the coin and the makers are the remakers. Good luck.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
There is a trick to using jammers. You can only use it for a split second while you hit the brakes, then shut it off. All you're looking for is to interupt the signal for a second. Let the radar read your slower speed. Otherwise, you will be pulled over.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
You can only use it for a split second while you hit the brakes, then shut it off. All you're looking for is to interupt the signal for a second.
Either you have much better brakes than I do...or you drive a lot slower.
Or maybe it's just me, not quite capable of decelerating from 120 or so to 55 in one second.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Like this

godzilla on the brakes.gif

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Either you have much better brakes than I do...or you drive a lot slower.
Or maybe it's just me, not quite capable of decelerating from 120 or so to 55 in one second.
I think at 120 or so you are toast no matter what you have or what you do. I just repeated what I read on the Radar forum by a so called expert on jammers proper use.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I think at 120 or so you are toast no matter what you have or what you do. I just repeated what I read on the Radar forum by a so called expert on jammers proper use.
Well, it's a moot point for me anyway, since I don't have jammer.
Instead, I merely let off when the Valentine lets me know that there's someone out there. Or speed up, if the signal comes from the rear.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
You guys that come to ChallengerFest grab me in the parking lot with a beverage and I'll tell ya about the time I fought a speeding ticket vehemently. It was fun to have the local PD tap dancing a bit. In the end the judge found me guilty (I think they were worried word would get out what I had done) but she let me off with a class. I even successfully argued for a reduced cost of the class LOL. I almost decided to appeal to the next higher court, but honestly had grown tired of the game at the time. I had been to court 4 times by that point I think as the local PD kept showing up without stuff I had subpoenaed, etc. The judge told me I should have been an attorney LOL.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I think it has become a waste of $$ and time.

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Just fyi, most states do not require an officer to have a radar or other device telling him you're speeding. If he paces you or "uses his years of experience in the field" to be able to tell you're speeding, he can nail you. Most won't because it's a bigger hassle to prosecute. You also have no right to view the radar gun or other device (how many times I've had clients say this just makes me laugh). And, it's pretty easy for them to tell you're jamming or, more accurately, providing false returns. Whether they wish to bother with it depends on how stupid you are. 80 in a 75, they won't care. 90 you're pushing it. 100+, unless he's off duty, or going somewhere else important, you'll probably get pulled. I've been pulled over in all these situations and I never needed a machine to get me out of the ticket - know how to talk to them and how to present yourself, how to act. Generally your good. But it's your funds, as always, everyone can do what they prefer.

lol, you can think about it, but donnnnn't do it

John G.

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
I swear the state boys have some new toy. I've driven by quite a few in the last 3 months (hiding in the usual places) and I get nothing on the detector !
Laser?

John G.

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
Laser jammer, system will run you at $3k but you will never get hit by lidar again.
My AL Priority system installed was $2k, including 5 sensors ($250 ea.) and their optional voice alert speaker ($99).

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
My AL Priority system installed was $2k, including 5 sensors ($250 ea.) and their optional voice alert speaker ($99).
That is a nice system. Not a guaranteed pass, but good.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Got the Rocky Mountain radar- jammer combo. Got t ticket for 85 in a 55, but the cop showed me a 125 in a 55. DA elected not to take me to court. No points, no court, just a $400 fine and did not cry about it. Till then I wood have sworn by them,,,,, now not so sure now. Don't trust any of em. The manufactorer would pick up the ticket but no points involved. DA must own or know some one whom owns a Hellcat.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
It's all a bunch of balogna.... I'm not a big fan of the "Croatian made" ALP system, or any of them. Just like any other EW system, police have ways of altering the transmission to defeat what i like to call overwhelming the return single by sheer power. I've driven consistently faster and gotten fewer tickets from more stops than anyone I know, including clients. It is how you handle yourself, knowing when and how to do it, and total presentation. I stopped even using a detector in around 2010. A lot of that stuff for the jammers is false positives. You're running your jammer, you see (or detect) a police officer, he doesn't stop you. WOW, I just saved a ton of money! As noted above, he may not be paying attention, be off duty, be on lunch, transporting offenders, just not want to bother with you, etc....