Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Has anyone been able to get invoice pricing + Power Dollars on a WB Redeye?

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I looked in the Tampa/Orlando/Gainsville area and it was the usual stealership crap - they were acting like the FCA $$ was something THEY were ponying up.
Little or no actual dealer discount + they were all adding fees/add-ons ranging from $1300 - $2500. I was offered as low as $42,500 for my pristine '16 with 5500 miles.
Would have done a deal at $30k or so + trade, but $45k + trade was not good enough to get me to open the check book.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I looked in the Tampa/Orlando/Gainsville area and it was the usual stealership crap - they were acting like the FCA $$ was something THEY were ponying up.
Little or no actual dealer discount + they were all adding fees/add-ons ranging from $1300 - $2500. I was offered as low as $42,500 for my pristine '16 with 5500 miles.
Would have done a deal at $30k or so + trade, but $45k + trade was not good enough to get me to open the check book.
hellcat values are taking a hit because of the power dollars, not to mention all these leases coming back into the market next spring. Maybe expand your search and see if you can get a better discount + trade. I would highly consider that option as 5500 miles or not these hellcats are production vehicles and values will drop accordingly, at least with a widebody redeye or just redeye you get the latest and greatest.

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon
If your interested in the purple one i can text the salesman they only add $1100 of bs charges,it is loaded.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Question is, why is Dodge doing this (firesale)?

The only thing that makes sense would be very slow sales. They also knew that nothing big/new was coming in '20 for the Challenger so I guess they wanted to clean out inventory. Also might be part of the reason 20 was so delayed. That said, smoke 'em if you got em! Great time to be a RE buyer thats for sure. Are the Power Dollar days over?

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Question is, why is Dodge doing this (firesale)?

The only thing that makes sense would be very slow sales. They also knew that nothing big/new was coming in '20 for the Challenger so I guess they wanted to clean out inventory. Also might be part of the reason 20 was so delayed. That said, smoke 'em if you got em! Great time to be a RE buyer thats for sure. Are the Power Dollar days over?
Sources say until end of the year, that's the rumor anyway. Dodge, Chrysler and Fiat are hemorrhaging in sales numbers, I would say Chrysler is on its way out soon maybe the Pacifica stays around, but yeah the redeyes weren't selling, charger hellcats still on lots, trackhawks on lots. Fca is trying their best to get rid of inventory, leasing does them no good as now they have a flood of cars in 3 years that are worth less than their residual value.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
I think you should get 44-45K for a '16 minimum with those miles in perfect shape. I can tell you I got better than your offer for my '15 with 13K miles in perfect shape. But it's hard to find a dealer willing to give you what it's really worth since they're only looking at what someone else might pay for it used and if there's enough "meat on the bone" to make it worth there while. Location might have a part to play in what they'll offer too.

As far as dealing on these RE's, they try to pull the "added fees" crap everywhere. They tried it on me too. They claimed the extra 3.5K was for "Paint Sealant (cheap wax job) and "Interior Protection Package".....it has all leather seats, so I can't imagine what little they did with that - if anything.

I just told them I'm not paying it, and showed him one of the other dealers ads on my Iphone. I then said "Look at this...this is where I'm going next if you can't at least come very close to matching this price". He then left for 10 minutes, and I sh*t you not...he came back and says "good news, they didn't do the sealant or interior yet so I adjusted the price". Funny.....he was just getting ready to charge me for it anyway!!!

Long story short, he gave me a better trade-in on my car than the others did, and came down close to what the other dealers were asking for a RE.....I got a little more off sticker than just the HP incentive so I took it home.

-I'm sure if you qualify for a F&F or employee discount, that would be the best way to get one at invoice (or close) plus the HP dollar incentive. Otherwise, you're working down from MSRP in my area.

Last edited:

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
hellcat values are taking a hit because of the power dollars, not to mention all these leases coming back into the market next spring. Maybe expand your search and see if you can get a better discount + trade. I would highly consider that option as 5500 miles or not these hellcats are production vehicles and values will drop accordingly, at least with a widebody redeye or just redeye you get the latest and greatest.
Seems to be the case, but that lowers the actual value of the power $$ if you're just giving it up on the other end, then add in the dealers (around here anyway) immediately dropped any 'dealer discount' and it almost negates the FCA $$ completely !

If your interested in the purple one i can text the salesman they only add $1100 of bs charges,it is loaded.
Thanks, I saw that one when searching, but I was only interested in doing this if I could snag a Sublime (my all time fav color) + that one has the 3.09 gears & I'm not so sure they are a good idea unless you plan to drag race.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
$42,500 Trade on a 2016 Challenger is about right. I've been seeing nothing more than $41-42k on my car with slightly higher miles.

The rebate does go until end of the Calendar year....HOWEVER....Hellcat inventory will be drying up within the next month. The rebates TRUE incentive to be left in place is to clean out all of the Scat Pack inventory.

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I've got a no nonsense connection at Baxter. If you want to buy one now get in touch with Lee Brown. He's doing the rebates plus additional discounts.

lbrown @ baxterauto.com

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Seems to be the case, but that lowers the actual value of the power $$ if you're just giving it up on the other end, then add in the dealers (around here anyway) immediately dropped any 'dealer discount' and it almost negates the FCA $$ completely !

Thanks, I saw that one when searching, but I was only interested in doing this if I could snag a Sublime (my all time fav color) + that one has the 3.09 gears & I'm not so sure they are a good idea unless you plan to drag race.
I agree, if they opened it up to leasing they could actually sell the cars for invoice or below invoice and people would get $500 and $600 hellcat deals (redeye widebody still more like $850+, by increasing sales price back to near invoice you can keep the values up instead of advertising brand new hellcats in the high 50s(and adding cloth seats to a hellcat? it's even a 2k option on the chargers with one of the packages that's a new low) and who knows some people may just end up buying the hellcat after 2/3 years.

As suggested by others this was probably to clean out scat packs, which again if leasing is opened up cleans out inventory faster and doesn't tank value because some may buy at end of 3 years. Most manufacturers are posting ytd reduction in sales, problem is other companies sell more vehicles, aside from the ram this entire company sells jack sh*t, in fact the ram is keeping them afloat.

The frustrating fact about fca is they don't cut out models that don't sell very quickly, ford quickly got to selling suvs and trucks, gm cut out their dead weight. Meanwhile fca taking their sweet @ss time for what? And add to the fact that damn near every fca dealership is awful with customer service before and after you buy a vehicle. I'm definitely not a fan of the way fca runs things.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Hellcat trade values may be taking a very temporary hit with the dealers who are dealing with Power Bucks, but the overall values wont change. It won’t affect anything outside of the dealer’s greed factor as they try and profit more from implying that the Power Buck deal is coming from them. We all know it isnt. Real world Hellcat values won’t be affected by that. I see them being auctioned at wholesale dealer only auctions and they are bringing very strong money still, which means by the time they arrive on dealer lots with a profit added in, prices stay fairly high. And when prices are still high at the dealers, the private sector prices stabilize for the most part.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
$42,500 Trade on a 2016 Challenger is about right. I've been seeing nothing more than $41-42k on my car with slightly higher miles.
Around here in CT that’s low. At the wholesale auction we attend every week that car would bring 48ish. Ive been watching them over the last two months or so. They bring top buck here. Crazy.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Hellcat trade values may be taking a very temporary hit with the dealers who are dealing with Power Bucks, but the overall values wont change. It won’t affect anything outside of the dealer’s greed factor as they try and profit more from implying that the Power Buck deal is coming from them. We all know it isnt. Real world Hellcat values won’t be affected by that. I see them being auctioned at wholesale dealer only auctions and they are bringing very strong money still, which means by the time they arrive on dealer lots with a profit added in, prices stay fairly high. And when prices are still high at the dealers, the private sector prices stabilize for the most part.
Very good points, the smart dealers are basically dropping their pants in a sense on hellcats (dipping into holdback + powerbucks) and every other dealer is just now baking the 7k discount into their previous price.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Around here in CT that’s low. At the wholesale auction we attend every week that car would bring 48ish. Ive been watching them over the last two months or so. They bring top buck here. Crazy.
I was expecting 48/49 + power bucks + the typical dealer discount (~$4K) they were doing before the FCA offer (knowing I'd be giving $2k back in stealer fees).
Would have jumped on a deal like that, but not in the mood to be bent over by some slimy FL dealer !

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
Just remember the real value in most areas of the country on trades is you only pay the tax on the difference between your trade amount and the purchase price. .In Florida that is on a 42K car $2940 7%.So you are getting almost 45k for your trade. Not sure if that applies everywhere

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Just remember the real value in most areas of the country on trades is you only pay the tax on the difference between your trade amount and the purchase price. .In Florida that is on a 42K car $2940 7%.So you are getting almost 45k for your trade. Not sure if that applies everywhere
Agreed. But if you sell yours for $6k (or $2941) more, youre still ahead.

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
Agreed. But if you sell yours for $6k (or $2941) more, youre still ahead.
Yes very hard to right now but once the supply dries up on the new cars and they stop this PD program we will see these cars start to come back in true value.I actually feel I got lucky when the dealer gave me 55k on my 19 because of the tax saving.Really I paid 61K for it so not a bad hit to move in to the car I really wanted anyway. Just kick myself for not going the RedEye from the start but had a big house issue that made me pull back a little on the ordered car.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
That's the state giving us a break on taxes, not anything the dealer is doing or kicking in for !

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
Here is an interesting example of the market right now. The below dealer is advertising 15k off on Widebody Redeyes. They are trying to sell a used 15 M6 for 53+. I happen to know this car well because it was mine. I sold it online for 44k and then it was put through the Manheim Auction in Denver. It's a clean car that was well maintained, but I think someone would be crazy to pay 53k for it. High 40s at a dealership I understand, but you can get a brand new standard body manual Hellcat for not much more right now.

https://www.cdodge.com/all-inventor...dl.params=&dl.widgetName=Search+our+inventory...

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Here is an interesting example of the market right now. The below dealer is advertising 15k off on Widebody Redeyes. They are trying to sell a used 15 M6 for 53+. I happen to know this car well because it was mine. I sold it online for 44k and then it was put through the Manheim Auction in Denver. It's a clean car that was well maintained, but I think someone would be crazy to pay 53k for it. High 40s at a dealership I understand, but you can get a brand new standard body manual Hellcat for not much more right now.

https://www.cdodge.com/all-inventor...dl.params=&dl.widgetName=Search+our+inventory...
Wholesale here in CT is high 40’s for your old car. That would put retail at about $50-52k here depending on the miles.