Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Harness bar is installed. Does anyone have a slick way of cutting the rear access plastic plate for the lower bar bracket

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Hi,

I just got the harness bar installed in my Redeye. I need to cut a slot in the grey trim plate for the rear lower harness bar plate to come through the center of it. Does anyone have any good ideas to make a nice slot while keeping things straight. Was thinking of a little cut off wheel on my dremel and following a trace line. Than clean any edges with a file.

AAD Performance, the makers of the bar have been great. They told me if I swung their way sometime, the would measure and laser cut it out for me. Thats an option as well. They are a couple hundred miles from me. But Parker said he would fix me up! The harness bar is top notch and was packaged very well in very nice foam.

Attachments

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Hi,

I just got the harness bar installed in my Redeye. I need to cut a slot in the grey trim plate for the rear lower harness bar plate to come through the center of it. Does anyone have any good ideas to make a nice slot while keeping things straight. Was thinking of a little cut off wheel on my dremel and following a trace line. Than clean any edges with a file.

AAD Performance, the makers of the bar have been great. They told me if I swung their way sometime, the would measure and laser cut it out for me. Thats an option as well. They are a couple hundred miles from me. But Parker said he would fix me up! The harness bar is top notch and was packaged very well in very nice foam.
Cutoff wheel...then the file...take your time...that's what I did with mine on my Demon...remember...take your time...

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
I flipped mine over.
I used a razor blade knife.
Took about three passes.
Clean as whistle.

OP
Inrfire

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #4
Cutoff wheel...then the file...take your time...that's what I did with mine on my Demon...remember...take your time...
Thank you! I will have to do that. As this piece cant be bought separate. It only comes with the rear seat delete as a unit. Thanks for the advice!

OP
Inrfire

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #5
I flipped mine over.
I used a razor blade knife.
Took about three passes.
Clean as whistle.
Thanks for that information! I will get her handled!

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
If I ever but my beer down I ll install mine

I just can t get myself to tear this rear qtr panel off or pull it back somehow ??? to mount the bracket
Its only been a year

1568202451467.png

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
You must have red belts.

68GoldRunner

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Elko
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
Maybe have someone or yourself custom make an additional cover or leave it off? I’d save that rear seat delete cover and not modify it. Just in case you decide to take the harness bar out? For me I have a back seat so not worried about the cover. I leave that bracket on between the seats so I can quickly install the bar.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I like the idea of not modifying the cover since it can't be bought separately. Get someone to plastic print one for you that's proper. Can get a template from cardboard.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Harness bar looks good & yeah , just leave the plastic piece off , it looks fine like that , if the bar comes out then you can pop it back in.

OP
Inrfire

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #11

I just can t get myself to tear this rear qtr panel off or pull it back somehow ??? to mount the bracket
Its only been a year

Their Viper mechanic actually put it in for me at the dealer. I wasn't about to start breaking clips etc on a new car. It still took him 2.5 hours to do it, as this was the first type he did. I know its covered and done right without everything scratched up etc.

View attachment 2126
Maybe have someone or yourself custom make an additional cover or leave it off? I’d save that rear seat delete cover and not modify it. Just in case you decide to take the harness bar out? For me I have a back seat so not worried about the cover. I leave that bracket on between the seats so I can quickly install the bar.

You know what, that is a very good thought. Actually Parkers partner at AAD told me they could also possibly make me something at one time when I talked to him. I may go that route as well. Heck, a piece of low cut carpet cut out and sized right may look great as well. Put some stiffening cardboard on the back or thin plastic or even aluminum to stiffen it and glue the carpet to shaped plate.

OP
Inrfire

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #12
Harness bar looks good & yeah , just leave the plastic piece off , it looks fine like that , if the bar comes out then you can pop it back in.
Thank you and that is now the plan! Thanks for making me see the light!
I like the idea of not modifying the cover since it can't be bought separately. Get someone to plastic print one for you that's proper. Can get a template from cardboard.
Thank you guys. That is why I belong to this forum. Lots of good ideas and experience here. I agree 100 percent with you all! And the plastic print idea off of cardboard is a great idea. Or I will leave it off like Mean Cat said. I will see after I get it Friday, and how it tickles me :)

Last edited:
OP
Inrfire

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #13

Its only been a year

I will not lie, I did not put this in! Their viper mechanic at Dodge did it and it was a 2 hour job. Well worth it to me! I was not about to get inside and start breaking stuff trying to get panels apart and scratching things up. He said he had a time with one side, but it turned out great in the end.

View attachment 2126

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Its only been a year

View attachment 2126
Actually the side panels (stock seat belt mounts) is not bad at all...just carefully pry them back a bit...no need for disassembling...you will have plenty of room...actually when installing the bar..an extra set of hands comes in handy..the whole install was easier than expected

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Actually the side panels (stock seat belt mounts) is not bad at all...just carefully pry them back a bit...no need for disassembling...you will have plenty of room...actually when installing the bar..an extra set of hands comes in handy..the whole install was easier than expected
"Pry" This is what scares me
No fasteners ?
I m unlucky with stuff like this
I don t want a panel that rattles when I m done

I took the small inserts out last year & stopped LOL

Krazzeeddie

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chesterfield
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Wide Body Scat Pack
So I read this thread late last night and thought you guys had a need and a great idea why cut up the original part when we make new parts, the duplication and cad part is no problem and I can 3D print in production quality black nylon we should make new ones for guys that need them to cut up. So I will just copy mine and offer new ones.

So I come home from the office today go out to my car and realize the version I have or the late 2019 kits do not have that part, mine has no close out panel at all not even the cut out in the main panel.

So I will throw this out there if someone wants to send me their part I can try and duplicate it and send it back to them no harm will come to the part just lots of measurements.

Ed

OP
Inrfire

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #17
So I read this thread late last night and thought you guys had a need and a great idea why cut up the original part when we make new parts, the duplication and cad part is no problem and I can 3D print in production quality black nylon we should make new ones for guys that need them to cut up. So I will just copy mine and offer new ones.

So I come home from the office today go out to my car and realize the version I have or the late 2019 kits do not have that part, mine has no close out panel at all not even the cut out in the main panel.

So I will throw this out there if someone wants to send me their part I can try and duplicate it and send it back to them no harm will come to the part just lots of measurements.

Ed
I would trust you Ed if I get dibs on the first one you make to buy it from you! I would lend my part to you!

Krazzeeddie

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chesterfield
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Wide Body Scat Pack
I would trust you Ed if I get dibs on the first one you make to buy it from you! I would lend my part to you!
No problem, i was really surprised my car did not have the panel. So I am going to make some calls today. A very good friend of mine owns the company that did a lot of the prototype parts and cars so I will check to see if he did this part if not I will keep searching for someone local that might have the seat delete set up.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Hi,

Great looking install. But someone stole your rear doors.

OP
Inrfire

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #20
Great looking install. But someone stole your rear doors.
LMAO Thanks Magnified!