Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Gen 5 whipple supercharger

Hemituner

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bayshore
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Thanks AJ. Of coarse just because they come with a 4:11 gear doesn’t mean that’s what the fast ones are running. As fast out of the box as they may be... the competitive racers in that class are operating at some Pro Stock level shit. Those guys might be a few rpm higher 🤔
I am not sure your plans however if you plan on trying to run it that hard in RPM and want a spare I will be selling my engine and trans as soon as I get the car. Keep me posted
Thanks
AJ

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I am not sure your plans however if you plan on trying to run it that hard in RPM and want a spare I will be selling my engine and trans as soon as I get the car. Keep me posted
Thanks
AJ
Haha. I reading a message in there somewhere. No I’m not planning on anything above 7500 rpm. I don’t have a 8500 bank account. Thanks for the offer though.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
So if stock on RE is 8.18 Divided by 3.35 times 6200RPM = 15,139 , I got a waze to go before I even 'use up' my little 2.7's safe performance limit. Guess I won't be needing one of these soon. LOL.
Seriously, this thing looks great, but it seems by design the lid would have to come off for any type of mods, which seems a PIA. The old Mag's were not only reliable but so easily serviceable and easy to work on. Only drawback I can observe, and I ain't getting one any time soon anyway.
Well, keep in mind the discussion was on a Hellcat 2.4L blower. The RE uses the 2.7L and has a lower critical speed I believe? The larger rotors will have more mass to them and so a reduction is required I believe.

SDREDEYE

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Octane Red HC WB Redeye

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
The "want" is great for one of these. Unfortunately, my wallet is saying no...

For now. :p

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Just enjoy what you have, everything is changing, 2015 hellcats in decent shape are going for 55K or so, with or without this supercharger, your cat is badass