Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Garage Upgrade!

yellow_hellcat

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lincoln
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
The boys from ChampionAutoLifts.com came by to install my new 4 post lift today. The workmanship on the lift appears solid and the installers were top quality also.

The garage has an 11 foot high ceiling so I should be able to stand comfortably under the Hellcat while working on the upgrades for this spring. The installed cost was just above $3k and I could have saved a bit more if I did the install myself but they require a forklift to offload from the shipper so I paid a bit extra.

IMG_0536.jpg
IMG_0537.jpg

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Looks good and perfect fit!

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
Very nice!
If you installed a different door could you actually park another car underneath ?

OP
yellow_hellcat

yellow_hellcat

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lincoln
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #4
Very nice!
If you installed a different door could you actually park another car underneath ?
Agreed. I do have a two other doors, one that goes to the other 2 stall garage that shares a wall and one that goes into the house.

The lift has rollers (first picture on the wall) and it can be moved around to give additional clearance. It can even be rolled out through the garage door as it is a tad smaller than the opening!

DaveB

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Penhold
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I installed garage doors many moons ago....you can get your current door modified to roll up along the wall higher, then curve back. Will require proper door weight calculations, new vertical tracks, new springs, re-mounting, etc. I wouldn't think it would cost too much. Nice lift! Wish I had more height in my shop.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Sweet! I so need a lift.

OP
yellow_hellcat

yellow_hellcat

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lincoln
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #7
I installed garage doors many moons ago....you can get your current door modified to roll up along the wall higher, then curve back. Will require proper door weight calculations, new vertical tracks, new springs, re-mounting, etc. I wouldn't think it would cost too much. Nice lift! Wish I had more height in my shop.
Thanks! I need to do some testing but the lift can't go high enough to hit the current door track and the vehicles fit within them so I hope I can avoid that extra expense!

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
This works
I had to have my contractor come back & change the rails
They go right up to the ceiling

You will need this if you lift your car & open the garage door !!!

OP
yellow_hellcat

yellow_hellcat

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lincoln
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
This works
I had to have my contractor come back & change the rails
They go right up to the ceiling

You will need this if you lift your car & open the garage door !!!
That is true! I will not be able to open the garage doors with a car on the lift unless I have them come in and raise the tracks.