Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Ford Lightning Is Bricked At Charging Station

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thank the EV gods for DIESEL flatbeds [giddy] [boxface] [thankyou]

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Hooked up to the wrong electricity, a Lightning needs premium:whistle:

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Not sure why Americans are so dumb they believe these electric cars are a good idea

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
another idiot getting exactly what he deserves!
Idiot yes. Most people just listen to what they are told and do no research. Then this shit happens.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Because our news organizations where most people get their news are absolutely worthless, broadcasting bullshit most of the time. No, right now…all the time! Most listen to their shit and are dumb enough to believe they know it all.

For example during the last week ZERO minutes on covering the release of REAL FACTS ON TWITTER on our Government actions with high tech at violations of our First Amendment rights along with zero coverage on the damn millions of people walking over our southern border! Why tell them all the facts on these not ready for use EV’s?

Thank God for this excellent platform we are lucky enough to read here.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
I’m waiting for one of these to be struck by lightning.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Green leaf Winnie! Book smart common sense STUPID!!!!!!!

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
another idiot getting exactly what he deserves!
That is a lot of animosity! I would have to be forced to buy an EV but don’t hate EV owners. I just dislike their choices!

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
😂😂 The right hand doesn’t know what the left is doing

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Because our news organizations where most people get their news are absolutely worthless, broadcasting bullshit most of the time. No, right now…all the time! Most listen to their shit and are dumb enough to believe they know it all.

For example during the last week ZERO minutes on covering the release of REAL FACTS ON TWITTER on our Government actions with high tech at violations of our First Amendment rights along with zero coverage on the damn millions of people walking over our southern border! Why tell them all the facts on these not ready for use EV’s?

%100 agree! This is an article from 2012 https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news...hicle-at-risk-of-bricking-know-the-facts.html

It is the Auto writers who do let us know.

Just an FYI a modified car can also be Bricked! I had a friend down in Florida that it happened to his 2010 Challenger. The blame went back and forth between the shop and the guy who installed the Trans NAG1! I heard it was the Trans guy and because since I know that the Trans guy is a Scammer. He most likely did something to scam more money! I was told by people that is what happened.

I will be curious about why this happened. I'm sure Ford wants to make sure there will be NO major recall! Something in the Electronics could be the problem and not the Charging station.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
NewBattery.jpg

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2

This is the present and future. Every day more youngsters reach voting age and more IA's cross the border. Between questionable vote counting and influx of new "voters", the future is sealed. Only reasonable course of action is mitigation. Protect yourself and asserts, get what you can and enjoy it, and not worry about the future the new voters choose.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I’d rather walk ! Had one will never own another. Junk!

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Name a new technology beginning mass production that doesn't experience issues and glitches, whether in the auto industry, cell phones, televisions, etc. What's more important is whether the manufacturers address the discovered flaws, honor warranties or try to nickel & dime the consumer.

The battery life is one of the major issues preventing me from accepting the current generation of EV vehicles coming onto the market (reliability, price, and quality being the others). When I can get 250,000+ miles on an ICE vehicle without having to make a major reinvestment on it, why would I spend $50k, $60k or more on a vehicle whose "motor" has a life expectancy of 100,000 requiring me to spend an additional $12-$15,000 to keep it running?

The cartoon below says it best.

... REAL FACTS ON TWITTER on our Government actions with high tech at violations of our First Amendment rights....
LOL...tell us why we should take as factual anything from a source that makes such an inane comment as that above.

First, the First Amendment only pertains to the Government suppressing individuals' speech or expression of dissent.

Second, the "high tech" companies are corporate citizens who own their platforms and as such have the right to moderate them as they will...unless you don't believe in fighting big government and want it to consider social media sites as utilities....not very Capitalist of you.

Third, as a corporate Citizen, these high tech firms could have resisted whatever Government requests were made (see #1 and #2 above) but the fact they didn't could be they agreed the information they deleted and/or the individuals they banned was because the individuals were violating the firms' Rules of Use and were attempting to promulgate patently false information that could cause more harm than good if allowed to spread...unless one were so inclined as to believe there was/is a global conspiracy like Flat Earth, Election Fraud, or Democrats drink the blood of children, or some such other Q-like nonsense subsets around here like to each other out of the public eye.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Name a new technology beginning mass production that doesn't experience issues and glitches, whether in the auto industry, cell phones, televisions, etc. What's more important is whether the manufacturers address the discovered flaws, honor warranties or try to nickel & dime the consumer.

The battery life is one of the major issues preventing me from accepting the current generation of EV vehicles coming onto the market (reliability, price, and quality being the others). When I can get 250,000+ miles on an ICE vehicle without having to make a major reinvestment on it, why would I spend $50k, $60k or more on a vehicle whose "motor" has a life expectancy of 100,000 requiring me to spend an additional $12-$15,000 to keep it running?

LOL...tell us why we should take as factual anything from a source that makes such an inane comment as that above.

First, the First Amendment only pertains to the Government suppressing individuals' speech or expression of dissent.

Second, the "high tech" companies are corporate citizens who own their platforms and as such have the right to moderate them as they will...unless you don't believe in fighting big government and want it to consider social media sites as utilities....not very Capitalist of you.

Third, as a corporate Citizen, these high tech firms could have resisted whatever Government requests were made (see #1 and #2 above) but the fact they didn't could be they agreed the information they deleted and/or the individuals they banned was because the individuals were violating the firms' Rules of Use and were attempting to promulgate patently false information that could cause more harm than good if allowed to spread...unless one were so inclined as to believe there was/is a global conspiracy like Flat Earth, Election Fraud, or Democrats drink the blood of children, or some such other Q-like nonsense subsets around here like to each other out of the public eye.
You have borrowed and used the extreme libtard comments. The Government directed the private company as per Mr. Musk. Get out of your basement and discover the facts kid. As expected. Carry on.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

I wouldn't consider ev's a new technology, they have been mainstream with charging stations for many years now

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #18
I wouldn't consider ev's a new technology, they have been mainstream with charging stations for many years now
Since the 1880s...

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City