Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Emblems (the lack of)

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Redeye Widebody Jailbreak
I'm not a fan of rebadging what's already the top dog in a vehicle's lineup. People in the know fully understand what a cat logo on the side means. Now, that doesn't mean the look of the car can't be improved. My biggest complaint on the 15-18 HC Challengers was that they looked like plain old Challengers of any nondescript trim level unless you got a good look at the hood. No special body graphics or anything other than the tiny SRT logo on the spoiler and the logo on the side and front grille. Again, most "car people" will know instantly what it is. At least the 19-20 has the new style hood which really sticks out.

But to separate it out from the herd, it could do with a side stripe or something. I bought this one for mine: stripes.png

However, I elected to not go through with actually putting it on (yet). I tack fit a section of it to see how it would look, and you really can't see it on my car that well. The deep purple of the Hellraisin really makes a satin black stripe kinda disappear. That and I love the color as-is, and I'm not convinced that the above would add anything to the look of the car really.

Everyone does the giant SRT Hellcat logo billboard graphic or some similar style of large image near or over the rear wheel. I don't like to copycat (pun intended) so, I won't do the same. At some point I'll either design a custom graphic or find a unique one to try out. Until then, I'm sticking with a nekkid side.

IMG_0615.jpg

OP
B5Cat16

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #42
I just feel that something needs to be on the hood. Nothing big but there's lots of real estate up there and a subtle emblem would accent it perfectly. Even the early 70's Challengers had emblems on their hoods.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I just feel that something needs to be on the hood. Nothing big but there's lots of real estate up there and a subtle emblem would accent it perfectly. Even the early 70's Challengers had emblems on their hoods.
The supercharged engine on the hood would look OK. Also it was on the original Hellcat press cars.

OP
B5Cat16

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #44
The supercharged engine on the hood would look OK. Also it was on the original Hellcat press cars.
I have been leaning that way. I like the fact that it's an actual Chrysler piece. I will wait a bit longer so that I can see as many ideas as possible. Then I'll make a decision. Thanks.

OP
B5Cat16

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #45
Emblems/decals on 4 out of 5. I still feel that the HC hood needs something. IMO, it actually looks incomplete. It's such a cool hood but needs just a bit more to finish it. At this point, "Supercharged" is my choice but I'll give it a little more time......

Attachments

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
You mean that Ram Air hood's not stock!?

About 35 years ago I almost bought a 455 SD T/A in fireball orange color that this guy had at his gas station. Would have taken a lot of reconditioning, but the mechanicals were all there, good, and original. sometimes wish I'd bought cheaper booze and and that car, instead of expensive booze.

Nice collection.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Considered these for a while, but didn't think they would look good in CF which would mean having to re-do the OE dual stripes in matte black to match.
The area that says 'name' can be SRT, Challenger, Dodge, Hellcat or just blank.

CUDA_STROBE_03.jpg

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Redeye Widebody Jailbreak
I'm not a fan of rebadging what's already the top dog in a vehicle's lineup. People in the know fully understand what a cat logo on the side means. Now, that doesn't mean the look of the car can't be improved. My biggest complaint on the 15-18 HC Challengers was that they looked like plain old Challengers of any nondescript trim level unless you got a good look at the hood. No special body graphics or anything other than the tiny SRT logo on the spoiler and the logo on the side and front grille. Again, most "car people" will know instantly what it is. At least the 19-20 has the new style hood which really sticks out.

But to separate it out from the herd, it could do with a side stripe or something. I bought this one for mine: View attachment 25794

However, I elected to not go through with actually putting it on (yet). I tack fit a section of it to see how it would look, and you really can't see it on my car that well. The deep purple of the Hellraisin really makes a satin black stripe kinda disappear. That and I love the color as-is, and I'm not convinced that the above would add anything to the look of the car really.

Everyone does the giant SRT Hellcat logo billboard graphic or some similar style of large image near or over the rear wheel. I don't like to copycat (pun intended) so, I won't do the same. At some point I'll either design a custom graphic or find a unique one to try out. Until then, I'm sticking with a nekkid side.

View attachment 25795
And I did go back and put it on. This is the end result:

Stripes.png

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I did a custom ghost stripe on my Redeye. Under certain light conditions it's barely visible. Note barely visible on the top photo under natural light but visible under the LED lighting my garage light.

Ho7fJYqKSAegDhSpqumrHA.jpg IRrdqFT1Tg-dYaJDCMschg.jpg

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I upbadged my 2021 Jeep GC. I want people to know it has a Hemi even if it’s a little 5.7 EDFB25AD-C2E9-4EA3-8EA1-BF311917111C.jpeg

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye Widebody
On the MP spoiler on my WBRE. The little red eye is a separate piece. Decal is 3M reflective black, so looks gunmetal until bright light hits is then bright silver, like the reflective stripes on some Ford products. 20200417_175810.jpg 20200417_175825.jpg 20200417_175825.jpg