Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR REDEYE REBUTTAL

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Phast Hemi : "Ron, if that car runs 6.6 in the 1/8th at 3k da on the stock 93 tune, I highly doubt it is a lemon.

That being said, I ran both the 2.62 and 3.09 gears in my redeye on both the stock cal and a race cal. I think you may be barking up the wrong tree blaming the car. I've been able to get the car to hit the limiter on the 1-2 and / or the 2-3 by simply under or over inflating the tires depending on track and weather conditions...just sayin...."

First of all this is laced with put downs and is bias to make it seem worse.

"Ron, if that car runs 6.6 in the 1/8th at 3k da on the stock 93 tune, I highly doubt it is a lemon." Well the car does not run 6.6. It ran 6.66 ONCE with ESP active and it was not at 3000 ft DA. All other passes averaged 6.82 WITH the Hiccup @ more like an average 2400 DA. If it ran 6.60 at an actual 3000 feet I would have never sold it. But once again you are cherry picking all the facts to try and make me look bad and make yourself the expert.

Plus who said the car was a Lemon? WTF are you talking about? I have NEVER bad mouthed the car. In fact it was a GREAT car with just that one flaw. I am relatively certain it had substantially above average power and it looked amazing and everything else about the car was nearly perfect. The fact is, it would have NEVER done what I bought it for. Can't you get that? No amount of nitpicking will change that.

" I think you may be barking up the wrong tree blaming the car. I've been able to get the car to hit the limiter on the 1-2 and / or the 2-3 by simply under or over inflating the tires depending on track and weather conditions...just sayin.... " Well, my car has NEVER hit the limiter on the 2-3. So, just MAYBE my tire pressure was in a range of being acceptable for the conditions? And what makes you so sure my tire pressure was too low or too high in the first place? So you are telling me that somehow I bumped my head and forgot how to set up and race a Car? How it is that on the second time out with the car it made 9 straight passes, every pass on that day, where it DEAD HOOKED, and then went all the way through first gear and somehow hit a patch of oil or bled off tire pressure or spiked tire pressure too high and then suddenly spun just before and over revved on the 1-2 shift and then by some miracle was able to make all the 2-3, 3-4 and 4-5 shifts on time without spinning and over revving? All of them. So, how on earth could it do the same exact thing every pass and it just be tire pressure and there actually is nothing wrong with the car? Who is that good at fucking up that they can have the exact same malfunction throughout the day with the weather and track conditions varying or changing? Don't you think that just ONCE it might hook good enough to make the 1-2 shift on time? Just once out of 9 passes? What are the odds? So you basically told me I do not know how to set my tire pressure and there is probably nothing wrong with the car. How could you, or Cole think that will not offend me? And how could you possibly come to that conclusion based on what was said?

Simon, whether you know it or not, other people know how to race. Also you need to accept the fact that we do not always have the same conditions as you typically do. So, whatever tire pressure etc. that you run will not ALWAYS work where I race etc. I have gone on 3 week trips to the mid-west and visited 5 different tracks and made 46 passes total and never spun or hiccupped once. We are talking GLD, IRP, RT 66, NORWALK, etc. I get home and go over to Irwindale and I have to use a totally different setup or else it is SPIN SPIN SPIN. I dare you to come here and give it a try. Also if you are so sure about my car I will tell you where it is so you can go get it and prove me wrong. It's probably faster than the one you have now.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Just keep doing what you do Ron, your experienced to know what your doing.
All is good.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #3
Just keep doing what you do Ron, your experienced to know what your doing.
All is good.
I will. I will get over it and I will post up when I get another car. I am sorry I got upset and decided to delete all that other info. I asked them to restore it but I don't think they can.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
Wow... Just wow...

Attachments

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I will. I will get over it and I will post up when I get another car. I am sorry I got upset and decided to delete all that other info. I asked them to restore it but I don't think they can.
I know, your frustrated with the RE & some are telling you stuff that you don't want to hear even if they are trying to be help full. Sorry it's been a bad experience for you but you'll get back on track & figure out what you want to do. Good Luck.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #6
I know, your frustrated with the RE & some are telling you stuff that you don't want to hear even if they are trying to be help full. Sorry it's been a bad experience for you but you'll get back on track & figure out what you want to do. Good Luck.
LOL, not frustrated with the RE. It's gone. But I also am not mad at the car (it's not the car's fault) and I like learning. So all that I learned with HPTuners etc was benificial as far as I am concerned. Maybe a little dissapointed the car let me down and at the loss of $$$$. I had not planned on selling and getting a S/S but this made it easier to move twoard that possibility. It would have been hard to do if the car worked perfectly.

I am not excited about getting a wide body. Not at all.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Phast Hemi : "Ron, if that car runs 6.6 in the 1/8th at 3k da on the stock 93 tune, I highly doubt it is a lemon.

That being said, I ran both the 2.62 and 3.09 gears in my redeye on both the stock cal and a race cal. I think you may be barking up the wrong tree blaming the car. I've been able to get the car to hit the limiter on the 1-2 and / or the 2-3 by simply under or over inflating the tires depending on track and weather conditions...just sayin...."

First of all this is laced with put downs and is bias to make it seem worse.

"Ron, if that car runs 6.6 in the 1/8th at 3k da on the stock 93 tune, I highly doubt it is a lemon." Well the car does not run 6.6. It ran 6.66 ONCE with ESP active and it was not at 3000 ft DA. All other passes averaged 6.82 WITH the Hiccup @ more like an average 2400 DA. If it ran 6.60 at an actual 3000 feet I would have never sold it. But once again you are cherry picking all the facts to try and make me look bad and make yourself the expert.

Plus who said the car was a Lemon? WTF are you talking about? I have NEVER bad mouthed the car. In fact it was a GREAT car with just that one flaw. I am relatively certain it had substantially above average power and it looked amazing and everything else about the car was nearly perfect. The fact is, it would have NEVER done what I bought it for. Can't you get that? No amount of nitpicking will change that.

" I think you may be barking up the wrong tree blaming the car. I've been able to get the car to hit the limiter on the 1-2 and / or the 2-3 by simply under or over inflating the tires depending on track and weather conditions...just sayin.... " Well, my car has NEVER hit the limiter on the 2-3. So, just MAYBE my tire pressure was in a range of being acceptable for the conditions? And what makes you so sure my tire pressure was too low or too high in the first place? So you are telling me that somehow I bumped my head and forgot how to set up and race a Car? How it is that on the second time out with the car it made 9 straight passes, every pass on that day, where it DEAD HOOKED, and then went all the way through first gear and somehow hit a patch of oil or bled off tire pressure or spiked tire pressure too high and then suddenly spun just before and over revved on the 1-2 shift and then by some miracle was able to make all the 2-3, 3-4 and 4-5 shifts on time without spinning and over revving? All of them. So, how on earth could it do the same exact thing every pass and it just be tire pressure and there actually is nothing wrong with the car? Who is that good at fucking up that they can have the exact same malfunction throughout the day with the weather and track conditions varying or changing? Don't you think that just ONCE it might hook good enough to make the 1-2 shift on time? Just once out of 9 passes? What are the odds? So you basically told me I do not know how to set my tire pressure and there is probably nothing wrong with the car. How could you, or Cole think that will not offend me? And how could you possibly come to that conclusion based on what was said?

Simon, whether you know it or not, other people know how to race. Also you need to accept the fact that we do not always have the same conditions as you typically do. So, whatever tire pressure etc. that you run will not ALWAYS work where I race etc. I have gone on 3 week trips to the mid-west and visited 5 different tracks and made 46 passes total and never spun or hiccupped once. We are talking GLD, IRP, RT 66, NORWALK, etc. I get home and go over to Irwindale and I have to use a totally different setup or else it is SPIN SPIN SPIN. I dare you to come here and give it a try. Also if you are so sure about my car I will tell you where it is so you can go get it and prove me wrong. It's probably faster than the one you have now.
Ron,
Frankly IDC where your car is. The whole point of my comment which you quoted was to offer you a possible solution. My mistake. It is clear to me now that you would rather blather on for 30 plus pages and try to get us to believe that you got a really strong engine and that is why your trans was hitting the limiter....or some of that other nonsense you were pedaling.

Your premis that If Ron can't get the car down the track without hitting the limiter, the car must be defective is ridiculous on its surface. So instead of you taking my remarks about being able to duplicate your issue with setup and using them to fix your car , you get into your feels and find some off the wall reason to be offended as if somehow I covertly insulted your ego.

Ultimately , that's what this is about. I'm not here to stroke your ego or engender some false sense of greatness therein. Conveniently , you omit any mention of my comment that immediately followed the one you quoted regarding lowering your shift points to validate your theory. Between the 2 comments, there is no doubt in my mind that the real issue would be at least accurately identified , if not remedied. But it is clear to me now that you were never really interested in solving this alleged issue.
I thought you were an ok guy, which is the only reason I offered you a solution. I was wrong and I won't waste my time trying help you again

Let your "XX" s fly...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Gentlemen, please, either find some common ground or just stay in your respective corners.

Button pushing, thin skin, subjective opinions, whatever. We're a friendlier place than that, if you don't believe me, I'll smack the ever loving :poop: out of both of you and send you home to your parents...

Understood?

Good, now kiss and make up, we're not wasting another 30 pages of energy.

:p

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
BTW, I like both of you, you're both valuable members, period.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
BTW, I like both of you, you're both valuable members, period.
Didn't see your comments until after I made my last post. As a moderator, you should know that it's crap like this that keeps alot of knowledgeable guys from coming on here and helping folks.

Only so many times that any reasonable person wants to be in the "no good deed goes left unpunished " space.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Didn't see your comments until after I made my last post. As a moderator, you should know that it's crap like this that keeps alot of knowledgeable guys from coming on here and helping folks.

Only so many times that any reasonable person wants to be in the "no good deed goes left unpunished " space.

Two thoughts, I don't disagree with you, but I also think it could have been left alone at a certain number of exchanges. I agree that you were trying to help, but I also can have the foresight to have empathy towards someone struggling with a problem and the frustration that goes with it.

I'm not trying to pick sides here, just trying to see both sides. Internet exchanges ALWAYS miss the dynamic nature of a well-intentioned conversation.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
And we're done for now...

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #13
I am back after my Vacation from the Forum. I have a new outlook.

Member ID
Reactions
City
park ridge
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Octane Red WR RE
Glad your back!(y)

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I don’t understand why we all can’t get along. I think the China virus has everyone pissed off, chill all! It will keep your blood pressure down. John

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
I don’t understand why we all can’t get along. I think the China virus has everyone pissed off, chill all! It will keep your blood pressure down. John
I'm super happy if it matters at all!:)

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
X :p

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I for one was following the progression of the info that was coming from the situation. Seems like there really is an issue considering all of the other posts confirming it. Never doubted the validity of it and so I’m curious to see how the Super Stock shakes down now.
I don’t drag race so without truly knowing all of the ins and outs it seems harsh to bash Ron for being frustrated with a performance issue. I did however road race motorcycles for a long time with some success in a couple of championships. With any kind of racing performance issues can hamper things, especially when you can’t nail it down to correct it. I’ve been there and it’s not fun so I feel for Ron.
Please keep us in the loop with what I’m sure will be a SS lol.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Good luck Ron hoping all will work out for you to buy your next Fassst Fun Challenger XX....hoping it's SS!:cool:

I guess the non thrill of the widebody would be loading up into your trailer.
It least that would be for me.
We had a single place trailer that was a little less wide than then another one, but it was actually the better trailer.
( I'm going to give it to Kate, once I get John's Drag Pak out of it:)

Anyway, once my 2010 Challenger up we had to climb out the window.

Linda :)

Jalenator

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Max Steel Hellcat RedEye
Just want to add that I (among many others I’m sure) really appreciate the knowledge and insight both these fine members bring to this forum.

There’s a reason we drive and love mopar muscle and, while disagreements happen, I really hope (selfishly of course) that reason keeps you guys contributing valuable insight to this great group...;)