Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Donations Everywhere

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Now it's no secret that today it seems every organization on the planet is looking for donations...save the animals..save the hungry,,save the children..save the sick....schools...sports organizations...hospitals...churches...you name it....My company sets aside a designated amount for charitable organizations annually...one national..(St. Jude's Hospital)..the rest local...now of course they are tax deductible..but it is what I consider a generous amount...what I find disturbing is...be it a hardware store..a supermarket..a fast food place..and just about everywhere I go...I get the... would you like to donate a dollar to this cause..or round up your bill to the next dollar amount...:rolleyes:,,I'm tired of it...even on TV..it seems every other commercial..we gotta send .39 cents a day to save something...now to some it may not be a big deal...to me it's annoying...I do my part..(probably more than most)...don't shake me down @ the cash register...

Last edited:

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Couldn't agree more. Related to this that pi$$es me off is, now a lot of the walk-up food places like Baskin-Robbins and many others in my area now have the "guilt tip" button on the credit card machine that must be responded to before completing the transaction. I mean WTF, tips are supposed to be for a sit-down kind of service setting with a SERVER, at least the way I was brought up.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I ask “what’s the charity for” before I decline. Really makes them look at you weird.
St Jude’s here as well…

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Yes, it's shamelessly EVERYWHERE now just like the tipping crap. One I find particularly distasteful is some Christian/Jewish group asking for $$ to help starving, Jewish WWII concentration camp survivors. Seriously, how many could still be alive :unsure: Then they switched tracks last summer and made it about Jewish Ukrainian refuges for a while & have switched again the the WWII thing :mad:

What I will say is this is the very thing that hurts all the small groups (ask me how I know this). There are 1000's of small charitable orgs scratching to get by while all the big concerns (many of which are fake fronts like BLM or use a large % of the $$ to pay exec salaries) rake in the big corporate $$. The small players get the crumbs from the big table and many end up just shutting down, even tho they were doing good work (efficiently) for their given cause.

Same thing is happening to small (for profit) businesses being pushed out because they simply can't get the capital needed to grow and don't have huge advertising budgets to compete with the big players.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Many of the nonprofits are nothing but scams. The $ either gets funneled somewhere or the organization founders get paid insane salaries or a combination of both.

American Red Cross is at the top of that list.

Thoroughly check them out before donating anything to them. You will be amazed.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
For any charity soliciting in FL, they have to register with the AG dept & submit their annual financials & list of names they operate under (even us small fry).
https://csapp.fdacs.gov/CSPublicApp/CheckACharity/CheckACharity.aspx

There is also GoldStar that is nationwide, but you have to pay them to have a detailed listing on their site. Most big corps do, but lots of the small guys can't afford it.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
NOPE! I'M NOT FUCKING TIPPING OR ROUNDING UP AT THE DAMN GROCERY STORE OR WHILE PICKING UP A PACK OF UNDERWEAR!!!!

SAME FOR A CUP OF COFFEE OR YOU HANDING ME A DONUT OUT OF THE GLASS CASE!!!

I tip very, very well for good service at sit down restaurants and real services but the rest can KISS MY ASS!

As far as charitable donations, donate locally and only locally! You take care of your neighbors! That's what neighbors do.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
NOPE! I'M NOT FUCKING TIPPING OR ROUNDING UP AT THE DAMN GROCERY STORE OR WHILE PICKING UP A PACK OF UNDERWEAR!!!!

SAME FOR A CUP OF COFFEE OR YOU HANDING ME A DONUT OUT OF THE GLASS CASE!!!

I tip very, very well for good service at sit down restaurants and real services but the rest can KISS MY ASS!

As far as charitable donations, donate locally and only locally! You take care of your neighbors! That's what neighbors do.
This has been getting a little annoying for me go somewhere and they want you to tip it’s like uh why? I wasn’t given a service

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I used some detail guys for the 1st time and when I pay it asks for a tip. The lowest is 15%. It embarrasses you not to tip. These guys are the owners.

I know if I don't tip, they won't come back. Detailers are almost impossible to find and you have to be referred many times.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
I used some detail guys for the 1st time and when I pay it asks for a tip. The lowest is 15%. It embarrasses you not to tip. These guys are the owners.

I know if I don't tip, they won't come back. Detailers are almost impossible to find and you have to be referred many times.
Sorry but if they are the owners and they rely on or expect tips then they need to adjust the prices for their services!! NO TIP!!!

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
I personally can't stand the stores that ask if I'd like to "round up" or donate. Donate your own money. And if you do, don't run TV commercials or ads bragging about how much you've donated. Donate for the good of it, not the PR. When it comes to charity the left hand shouldn't know what the right hand is doing. And I have to wonder if these companies aren't taking the tax deduction for the money that gets "rounded up" or donated.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I personally can't stand the stores that ask if I'd like to "round up" or donate. Donate your own money. And if you do, don't run TV commercials or ads bragging about how much you've donated. Donate for the good of it, not the PR. When it comes to charity the left hand shouldn't know what the right hand is doing. And I have to wonder if these companies aren't taking the tax deduction for the money that gets "rounded up" or donated.
They're deducting the cost of creating, maintaining and managing the funds collected.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
rastrants
Dave, Jon, Bober, der rest, surry fer da names. Avery time I miss spell aname ena whore wurd. Con I gettster .38$ frum ya fer my car paymant? I won't evan thank ya. I'd will followler ya home 2 steal a plant whore or 2. Und pleat invert wa back fer dinna and sh date wit ya oldest daughter. Snot a pervert butt I luv guud rasterants and tipster well fer nutten. But luv wwen sum 1 duz dare jub. Butt luv moe wen sum one holds dare hand out and duz snot evan tall me da wetah. Ass bites and Miss Wang nuttster.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
rastrants
Dave, Jon, Bober, der rest, surry fer da names. Avery time I miss spell aname ena whore wurd. Con I gettster .38$ frum ya fer my car paymant? I won't evan thank ya. I'd will followler ya home 2 steal a plant whore or 2. Und pleat invert wa back fer dinna and sh date wit ya oldest daughter. Snot a pervert butt I luv guud rasterants and tipster well fer nutten. But luv wwen sum 1 duz dare jub. Butt luv moe wen sum one holds dare hand out and duz snot evan tall me da wetah. Ass bites and Miss Wang nuttster.
Sorry my man I only have $.27! Wish I could help ya out with that car payment, maybe next time:ROFLMAO:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Couldn't agree more. Related to this that pi$$es me off is, now a lot of the walk-up food places like Baskin-Robbins and many others in my area now have the "guilt tip" button on the credit card machine that must be responded to before completing the transaction. I mean WTF, tips are supposed to be for a sit-down kind of service setting with a SERVER, at least the way I was brought up.
I have no problem pushing NO on those
They get paid at least min wage. Here in IL i think that is over $12/hr now and many fast food places advertising starting at 15/hr because they need people.
You don't need the tip.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

I do not feel the least bit obligated to tip the owner of any business - WTF !!!

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Legend has it that around here at the gentlemen establishments there was once a stripper named Charity. From what I heard she never seemed to have a lack of guys willing to toss a few dollars her way. Guess guys here are really very willing to give to charity.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Legend has it that around here at the gentlemen establishments there was once a stripper named Charity. From what I heard she never seemed to have a lack of guys willing to toss a few dollars her way. Guess guys here are really very willing to give to charity.

Adds a whole new dimension to the old adage "give till it hurts" :unsure::whistle:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I think it makes some people feel good to give. You know I currently have the 2nd fastest Hellcat in my area and with some help, which would help you feel even better about yourself, I could have the fastest. Now the fastest may not want to tune my car to be faster then him though:unsure: