Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge Will Build More Than Twice As Many 2016 SRT Hellcats

Challenger Hellcat News

Staff Team
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States

Dodge SRT Hellcat demand has easily outstripped supply?this is something the company intended. It was also blatantly obvious that a lot of dealers gouged the hell out of customers looking to get one of the few Hellcats around?something that Dodge isn't terribly fond of. In an attempt to limit dealer shenanigans, Dodge is going to do a few things: cancel pending 2015 orders, increase production of 2016 models, and change the way they allocate cars to dealerships.

The company built about 4000 Hellcat Chargers and Challengers, in total, so far, according to Automotive News. Dodge President and CEO Tim Kuniskis also told AN that 2016 production would more than double, although the exact production numbers aren't clear yet.

Around 900 pending orders for 2015 model year Hellcats will be cancelled, and those folks will lose their place in the order queue. In exchange, Dodge will give those customers a voucher to get a 2016 SRT Hellcat at the 2015 price?although it won't override any markup the dealer wants to add. The final price will still come down to negotiation between the dealer and the customer, according to Kuniskis.

2016 model year Hellcats will be more expensive, in part, because they now feature standard premium "Laguna leather" interiors, a brand of leather produced by Elmo Leathers in Sweden, Uconnect 8.4AN, and five years of Sirius XM.

tom8161

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
hellcat

My dealer cant order the car. I had a von number on August 17th and it is no longer valid.
The dealer tried building the car and could put they could not order it.
This week they cant even build it. Does anyone have a number for Dodge. The srt line is useless.

HellcatMike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
I wonder if yours was part of the 900 Hellcat orders that were canceled. Have you tried Dodge's main line 800-423-6343?

My dealer cant order the car. I had a von number on August 17th and it is no longer valid.
The dealer tried building the car and could put they could not order it.
This week they cant even build it. Does anyone have a number for Dodge. The srt line is useless.

Hellcat20

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum but did everyone happen to see that Mopar is giving away the Hellcat they used in the recent Pennzoil commercial? Best part is no purchase needed to enter the sweepstakes [twothumb]

http://www.moparserviceinfo.com/hellcat.html