Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge Calls Out Charger Daytona SRT EV Concept Haters in a Pretty Direct Way

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
The Banshee for $60k at least a decent one is a pipe dream. Itll target the POS Tesla Plaid that's $130k.

Dodge tried building small fuel efficient cars....no one bought them.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
The concept is a fake. Nothing more.
LSD in water. Just kidding. On a serious note would expect that number to be more like double, at least 100k out the door I was just agreeing with Mag at 60K I would be more receptive, Absolutely no blurred vision/expectations of 60K out the door. Even at that probably not interested.

Edit, Upon sitting in car I would reach for Fratzonic silence button.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
LSD in water. Just kidding. On a serious note would expect that number to be more like double, at least 100k out the door I was just agreeing with Mag at 60K I would be more receptive, Absolutely no blurred vision/expectations of 60K out the door. Even at that probably not interested.
They have to actually build one first.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Guilty as charged huh? maybe, you should have used your right to remain silent on that one. I heard all about your dealers' meeting Friday, you are really turning into a useless company. over promising under-delivering, Even your Gms are Shaking their heads in disgust.. How do I know? I was there as it closed, and that was the reaction they got, no pertinent questions were answered, other than plant shut down.
need more info on this, as long as not breaking confidentiality

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
need more info on this, as long as not breaking confidentiality
Bottom line. They have nothing.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
There may be some huge tax incentive to buy these. $120k car with some kinda tax kickback? Doesn't the MachE or Ford Lightening have something like that?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
890462b33d6c8a86.jpeg

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
There may be some huge tax incentive to buy these. $120k car with some kinda tax kickback? Doesn't the MachE or Ford Lightening have something like that?
Feds give $7500 tax credit (as long as funding is renewed). Most states have a similar program (texas has $2500, but only funded 800 this year, LOL). Some local jurisdictions contribute some too. And some utilities give special power rates for car charging.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
The only short term card they have to redeem themselves is to step into the confession box, that being availability of last wild Ride car 7. With reasonable access and no ADM, again a figment of most imaginations. That would be true repent for their sins. Use your own loose interpretations of what my idea Of a wild ride is, anyone who doesn’t know can scour the threads. If I was director of sales and marketing you would all think it’s Christmas Day driving on roads, no salt or snow with orgasmic paradise twisting roads. Nuf said?

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
That’s it Dave you just F ed my day into oblivion. Not only is the state I live in set to ban my ice transportation but my retirement states on that list too. I will have to drink more tainted water to blur it out. Good thing I am not into Hallucinogenic drugs

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
That’s it Dave you just F ed my day into oblivion. Not only is the state I live in set to ban my ice transportation but my retirement states on that list too. I will have to drink more tainted water to blur it out. Good thing I am not into Hallucinogenic drugs
Doesn't mean that it can't change. Time to stand up and protect your sovereignty.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
And their stockholders would go ape shit. There would be huge legal actions that would stop anything like that because it would destroy the stock value of some of the largest US corporations. They very well could even be sued for breach of contract, malfeasence and whole host of other things. Now, IF the owners of the company all agreed to shut it down, then by all means they are free to do so. But in the United States almost zero % of most companies are owned by the top leaders, and that precludes things like destroying the value of other peoples property (and they likely signed agreements making it impossible for them to wreck the company without serious legal and financial consequences and also that they would comply with all laws and regulations of the nation states in which the company operates). So, absent a closely held company, or a major effort to buy back control, trying to tell the government that these things aren't doable and trashing the big three (or whatever we want to call them, since they're actually global and massively interconnect) is not really viable.
Lawyers like law suits, no offense, but if all 3 manufacturers basically told them "it ain't gonna happen" and see who blinks first, and had an ad campaign saying "hey joe public we can't make any more cars for a while, thank your elected officials" things would turn around pretty quick I'd bet. Keep making the shit boxes that get 50mpg like the Chevy Spark but no more trucks, etc.

Doing some research recently on why there aren't many FFV around now when they were plentiful a couple years ago kinda opened my eyes a bit to gubment incentives and how those impact offerings. Obama did away with the CAFE credits on FFV I believe and they mostly phased out in 2019 if memory serves. Prior to that there was a multiplier on fuel mileage for every FFV that helped the CAFE avg. I can only imagine what's coming to push the EV agenda which is really about money with these politicians being heavily invested in these EV companies I imagine.

Reference: https://www.agrinews-pubs.com/news/...increase-flex-fuel-vehicle-offerings-decline/

That pretty much sums it up. Thank Obummer. Who people vote for has consequences.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Flex fuel was a crock that was pushed by the industry. Never meaningful from a fuel stand point. Advertising gimmick and sop to the corn growers.

As for lawsuits, it is not the lawyers, it's the share holders, the people who own the companies. No one is going to allow the management of the company to wreck it like that (threatening to close it all down) and destroy all that value (and the owners / stockholders investment) at the same time. Simply won't happen. If you owned 100000 shares of dodge and Management through a tantrum and threatened to.close the company, even if.you hate EVs you do not want to.lose that 10 million in ownership.you have. And you hire good attorneys who know the law to.fight for.your right not.to have someone (Management) wreck your property and cause.you huge damage.just because they feel like it (and breach their contract into.the bargain).

Management doesn't own the company so they cannot destroy it - they were hired on the premise of fidiciary duty. And would clearly breach that And make them selves liable.

Now if you bought back all the stock or took the company private, sure you could threaten to close down. you would own it all and can do what.you want w your property. The rest of manufacturers would love that, and slaver at the bit to pick up that market share Youre dumping. they're not going to support it. Just not happening; makes no sense from a legal or business prospective.

The only way to effect change on that scale would be to take the pitch to the public And try.tonconvince them. They can influence the company ans the government. Without public, majority support, that would effect all the majors equally through stock owner ship, and government through elections, any such plan will fail.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
So what I read.....MONEY.

FFV could have actually been a pretty good thing. Renewable energy, no big changes to infra or vehicles required, and much less emission producing. The problem became it being food vs fuel and like all things impacted by politics it got ruined.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
All liberal states, correct?
Yep. Virginia is fighting to go conservative.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
As I understand it the tax write off does not apply to all cars or all income levels so...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
As I understand it the tax write off does not apply to all cars or all income levels so...
Unless it's free, I'm not even considering that bullshit.

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
10,R/T12YJKT,15SPS,16 HC,19RE,22 S/S

Edit, Upon sitting in car I would reach for Fratzonic silence button.
Don't tell me the water in Newport is bad too? LOL .

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #60
Flex fuel was a crock that was pushed by the industry. Never meaningful from a fuel stand point. Advertising gimmick and sop to the corn growers.

As for lawsuits, it is not the lawyers, it's the share holders, the people who own the companies. No one is going to allow the management of the company to wreck it like that (threatening to close it all down) and destroy all that value (and the owners / stockholders investment) at the same time. Simply won't happen. If you owned 100000 shares of dodge and Management through a tantrum and threatened to.close the company, even if.you hate EVs you do not want to.lose that 10 million in ownership.you have. And you hire good attorneys who know the law to.fight for.your right not.to have someone (Management) wreck your property and cause.you huge damage.just because they feel like it (and breach their contract into.the bargain).

Management doesn't own the company so they cannot destroy it - they were hired on the premise of fidiciary duty. And would clearly breach that And make them selves liable.

Now if you bought back all the stock or took the company private, sure you could threaten to close down. you would own it all and can do what.you want w your property. The rest of manufacturers would love that, and slaver at the bit to pick up that market share Youre dumping. they're not going to support it. Just not happening; makes no sense from a legal or business prospective.

The only way to effect change on that scale would be to take the pitch to the public And try.tonconvince them. They can influence the company ans the government. Without public, majority support, that would effect all the majors equally through stock owner ship, and government through elections, any such plan will fail.
You are right from a company perspective. However, when the Government forces rules and guidelines (much of which is done by unelected folks like the EPA) to put you out of business not a lot shareholders can do.

They can bankrupt any business with heavy handed policies. Example is Obama with the coal industry.