Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Diablo Sport Suspension Controller

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Been trying to find tangible information on these but am coming up short. Does anyone have real world 60’ times from the track using this controller? Has anyone adjusted it using the software? Are bricking issues still a concern? Good product or gimmick?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
@DGatzby did you have 1 of these?

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
You can only use the Diablo software to change settings. If you use the OEM's software it'll brick itself. If you buy the controller from the OEM it's more expensive. Despite being literally the same box with a color change and the software lock.

Also very sporadic reports of them dying while tuning the PCM. Odd. But yeah. I remember reading that thread.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
I switch tunes between e70 and e85 fairly often, so that would be a no go for me. Just want to know if it actually allows performs well or similar to the demon/170. Would like to see some real world 60’ improvements

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Don’t have any acceleration times. I only have road course info on it. The DS version would NOT be good for you if you keep flipping tunes. Look at the DSC unit if you are interested. They would also be responsive at answering questions.

Last edited:

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I switch tunes between e70 and e85 fairly often, so that would be a no go for me. Just want to know if it actually allows performs well or similar to the demon/170. Would like to see some real world 60’ improvements
Majority of users never experienced the PCM issue though so that could have even been that particular vehicle.

As far as demon 170 levels of performance? Too many other smaller pieces of the puzzle are different. The controller could help you get more out of it though if you knew what to change to mimic the factory drag mode.

Some people have had success enabling demon specific features on their vehicle such as drag mode for the suspension thru altering the body module...essentially fooling the car into thinking it's a "demon" - the body modules changed in 2018 and I'm not sure if they changed for this final model year.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Don’t have any acceleration times. I only have road course info on it. The DS version would NOT be good for you if you keep flipping tunes. Look at the DSC unit if you are interested. They would also be responsive at answering questions.
So had to edit. I hate the last couple versions of crap from Apple. The DS version would NOT be good.

The company selling the real unit is DSC. Sorry guys.

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
For the price why not just go with a real coil over that will work so much better.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
For the price why not just go with a real coil over that will work so much better.
Because not yet racecar.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
Are you hacked AI again?
Majority of users never experienced the PCM issue though so that could have even been that particular vehicle.

As far as demon 170 levels of performance? Too many other smaller pieces of the puzzle are different. The controller could help you get more out of it though if you knew what to change to mimic the factory drag mode.

Some people have had success enabling demon specific features on their vehicle such as drag mode for the suspension thru altering the body module...essentially fooling the car into thinking it's a "demon" - the body modules changed in 2018 and I'm not sure if they changed for this final model year.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
...wut?

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger

Huh?

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
Because it’s still $2k cheaper than coilovers. All it needs to do is soften the rear and stiffen the front. I’m running somewhat decent times for minimal mods and stock unported blower stock throttle body. 1.45 60’ leaving from idle, no foot brake flashing of the converter. I know I can get better times if the car hooks a bit better. Suspension is the key. It’s easy enough to turn off the active suspension for no codes, but I wanted to see if this thing is just a gimmick or if it actually works. Seems like you should be able to “tune” it and dial it in.
Because not yet racecar.

Last edited:
OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
E85, 2.69 upper only, cradle lockout, poverty diff brace, redeye driveshaft, JLT intake and drag wheels. Stock 2015 axels with 60k miles on em and everything else. Low 9.8 @142 every time it hooks with 1.45 60’ leaving off idle. If I can get the 60’ better it’ll be a 9.6 car easily with almost nothing done to it. Ran 9.8 before the chiller, with the 3.70 and now with the 3.09

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #15
I’m all about dumbing down the electronics in these cars, but this seems like a product that could actually work but not finding any real world results. Name of the game in racing is going the fastest the cheapest.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16
I will say I’m pretty much sold on tbm brakes after watching a lot of videos. The drag on my fronts is horrible, and need new rotors which will be as much as a tbm front setup is. Will be trailering the car soon, but from what I’ve seen, there’s no issues using tbm brakes on the street

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
That things junk bro. Get the DSC one. Thats the real deal. I wasnt even aware that the Diablosport had the ability to make any adjustments. I had one for my redeye and it failed. I bought the DSC one after and then one for my Trackhawk.

It allows u to adjust it on launch. I have it on my Trackhawk. Hard to say if it launched better cause mine truck launches so freaking hard its hard to say but if definately braked better and handled better as it has totally different algorithms.

One is $850 and one is $1400. Get what u pay for.

https://www.dscsport.com/product/v3-controller-hellcat-2/

Been trying to find tangible information on these but am coming up short. Does anyone have real world 60’ times from the track using this controller? Has anyone adjusted it using the software? Are bricking issues still a concern? Good product or gimmick?

Last edited:

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
I can tell from personal experience those TBM's will NOT work on the street bro. Let me repeat....... Will NOT work on the street bro. Those are DRAG only brakes.

I had them on my Turbo Mustang weighing a 1000 lbs less than the Challenger and they were sketchy AF on the street. Imagine how sketchy they will be trying to stop another 1000 lbs! They are NOT designed to be used on the street bro abandon that idea and get some Bear's up front for street use.

Those are 1/4 mile only with LOTS of braking distance..... Those are not designed to be used over and over they will heat up and become absolutely USELESS bro do not waste ur money buying those if u street ur car at all!

I will say I’m pretty much sold on tbm brakes after watching a lot of videos. The drag on my fronts is horrible, and need new rotors which will be as much as a tbm front setup is. Will be trailering the car soon, but from what I’ve seen, there’s no issues using tbm brakes on the street