Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon 170 VONS and VINS now coming out...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I do like potential of the I6 in a new Challenger
But I want to see that car.

Purposely being hidden to sell the current gen? Still a boat load of Scats and under Challenger allocations still sitting.

I dig the Wagoneer but I think the wife prefers the Denali.
Its her car, so I'm not swaying her one way or another. But the dealer bullshit from Stealantis group is pushing back to GM.
Looked at the Wagoneer and wasn't impressed. Same with GM and Ford. Ended up with a Tundra Platinum Hybrid that specs out the same as a Raptor V6 and is supposed to be faster. Great technology and feels very solid. Hybrid system is for additional power not economy.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
They will build to whatever damn goofy-ass formula they have always used.

MSRP orders went first in 2017, bull shit. Redline Reds got built first whether it was MSRP, over MSRP, or dealer stock, didn't matter. Those went first.

If Dodge yanks a color, say PCP, it will go first so they can kick it out of the system completely.
Agreed...any speculation on what they will do..or how..or when...is foolish

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
When did you get your car ?
Or
When was it built ?
I ll tell you 1 thing the 2018 were built quicker then these 2023
Better off calling them 2024

As for the matching VIN
They toss it out there hey what the hell
Gift horse / mouth

Maybe your son wants matching VINS :unsure:
I can't even remember when I got it...or when it was built...I believe it was early/late spring...and my son...gets what I give him..which as an only child...is everything...now tie guy...pass:p:p:p me a cold one will ya...

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I can't even remember when I got it...or when it was built...I believe it was early/late spring...and my son...gets what I give him..which as an only child...is everything...now tie guy...pass:p:p:p me a cold one will ya...
Now your talking

[cheers]

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Thread Starter #25
As do I...I remember it was rumored in 18 the MSRP orders were a priority build...my order was in as soon as the order banks opened..(and it was a $1 under MSRP deal...)..my car is # 1440...right in the middle of the run...so much for priority builds...am I excited bout this car...absolutely..I've resigned myself that it probably wont be a car I get to drive this year...(mid October it's over)...and as far as matching vins...I find it comical that nobody has these cars yet..but an overwhelming majority are already concerned what the next guy will give them for it..my (special) cars..I started buying in 97...I still have all 9 of em...none are or ever will be for sale...so tell me again why I should be so concerned about numbers...:unsure:;)
Has nothing to do with selling. Vin Matched cars WILL be built. Some others may not. It cost nothing to get the Vin matched option. Why not get it, especially when it gives you a better chance of GETTING the car?

A no-brainer choice for those who still have their OG. I know you aren't the biggest fan of admitting when you might be wrong, but in this case it probably wasn't your best decision. Which is fine. We are all Human (well most of us anyway).

That said, you will still probably "Dodge" a bullet (see what I did there Mr. Stand-Up?) since I can't imagine this company doing anything to hurt their cherished high $ADM$ top dealerships.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Has nothing to do with selling. Vin Matched cars WILL be built. Some others may not. It cost nothing to get the Vin matched option. Why not get it, especially when it gives you a better chance of GETTING the car?

A no-brainer choice for those who still have their OG. I know you aren't the biggest fan of admitting when you might be wrong, but in this case it probably wasn't your best decision. Which is fine. We are all Human (well most of us anyway).

That said, you will still probably "Dodge" a bullet (see what I did there Mr. Stand-Up?) since I can't imagine this company doing anything to hurt their cherished high $ADM$ top dealerships.
Your assumption that matched vin cars have priority...is nothing more than pure speculation....nobody knows that with any degree of certainty...and earlier posts were ALL about the increased value of matching vins...(especially for future buyers of a matched set)...it was all nonsense then...and it still is...now with all do respect....sit down..;);)

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Thread Starter #27
Your assumption that matched vin cars have priority...is nothing more than pure speculation....nobody knows that with any degree of certainty...and earlier posts were ALL about the increased value of matching vins...(especially for future buyers of a matched set)...it was all nonsense then...and it still is...now with all do respect....sit down..;);)
Sit down? Ok dad! Man U need attitude adjustment, “son”. Now don’t make me take my belt off. 😂 🤪

You are right though, the earlier discussion talked mostly about matched VINS adding value. And they will. However, this is a AND not a OR proposition. VIN matching will ALSO give you a good shot at an earlier build.

As far as pure speculation. Again no. Tim/Dodge said the OG matches would receive build priority. And like a breath of fresh air it looks like they aren’t flat out blowiing smoke this time with OG matched VINS actually being assigned…first. Will it lead to production first? Probably, but in the end time will tell.

That’s not the point though.

Did you or any other OG demon owner have any DOWNSIDE to getting the vin match?

Absolutely not. But I know I know you’ll come up with something illogical to defend the non decision lol. Honestly, I literally don’t GAF. It’s your allocation, and you obviously can do whatever you want with it. It’s just funny to watch how some people can justify their actions/inactions no matter what, even if said actions clearly weren’t their best move.

You mentioned loving chess ♟️ in a recent post. We both know this was a checkers move!

Anyhow, 🤡 ing aside, I truly hope ALL cars get built despite the “threats” dodge made early on that they might not. In the end I bet they will but like it or not there is some risk in play. Securing even the possibility of an early build minimizes that uncertainty to some degree. And when that risk reduction comes at zero cost you jump on it. Well most of us do…😝

Good luck!

Last edited:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Looked at the Wagoneer and wasn't impressed. Same with GM and Ford. Ended up with a Tundra Platinum Hybrid that specs out the same as a Raptor V6 and is supposed to be faster. Great technology and feels very solid. Hybrid system is for additional power not economy.
Need to look
Neighbor just brought home a new Tundra with a V6TT.
Said it isn't as fast as the TRX but it gets with it pretty good.

I'll have to take it for a spin over the weekend when i have more time.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Need to look

You have the V6 twin turbo or the one with the added hybrid. The hybrid is for performance, not fuel economy. So far only about 15 mpg with ours. Haven't stepped all the way onto yet.

Last edited:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
You have the V6 twin turbo or the one with the added hybrid. The hybrid is for performance, not fuel economy. So far only about 15 mpg with ours. Haven't stepped all the way onto yet.
Im not sure what it is.
Thought he said it was TTV6. I've just been too busy to look at it closer.
And im not up on Toyota products, but I was getting 15 in my old Express with the 6 speed.
Hell, i'm getting 16 in my Gladiator
Nothing I have is good on gas LOL

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Need to look

You all assuredly know they dropped the V8. V6 turbo or not is not my first choice for towing or plowing, even light duty. Might as well use a crossover (minivan).

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Sit down? Ok dad! Man U need attitude adjustment, “son”. Now don’t make me take my belt off. 😂 🤪

You are right though, the earlier discussion talked mostly about matched VINS adding value. And they will. However, this is a AND not a OR proposition. VIN matching will ALSO give you a good shot at an earlier build.

As far as pure speculation. Again no. Tim/Dodge said the OG matches would receive build priority. And like a breath of fresh air it looks like they aren’t flat out blowiing smoke this time with OG matched VINS actually being assigned…first. Will it lead to production first? Probably, but in the end time will tell.

That’s not the point though.

Did you or any other OG demon owner have any DOWNSIDE to getting the vin match?

Absolutely not. But I know I know you’ll come up with something illogical to defend the non decision lol. Honestly, I literally don’t GAF. It’s your allocation, and you obviously can do whatever you want with it. It’s just funny to watch how some people can justify their actions/inactions no matter what, even if said actions clearly weren’t their best move.

You mentioned loving chess ♟️ in a recent post. We both know this was a checkers move!

Anyhow, 🤡 ing aside, I truly hope ALL cars get built despite the “threats” dodge made early on that they might not. In the end I bet they will but like it or not there is some risk in play. Securing even the possibility of an early build minimizes that uncertainty to some degree. And when that risk reduction comes at zero cost you jump on it. Well most of us do…😝
glad
Good luck!
I must admit...you are funny...glad you put all your faith in what Tim says...how bout this one...(we will never build a car faster than the Demon..)..from Tims lips to our ears so much about MY 18 production was pure BS.but you hold on to that belief.....now as far as added value..only if the potential buyer intends to by both...and even cares...and your admonishment of my decision not to opt for a matching vins is as you believe is an indication of a lack of grey matter...(no brainer)...lets recap what went down...you admittedly spent weeks or more..calling hundreds of dealers from coast to coast daily...and what did you end up with...paying 10,000 dollars more than you should have...(possibly the matching vins will help you recoup..)...I spent 3hrs. at a dealer and got an MSRP deal..the third one 16HC.. 18Demon..and 107...It would seem instead of questioning my decision making...you'd be better served taking notes...unless of course you enjoy paying more for anything than you should....now in the name of all things holy...can we put this matching vins nonsense to bed....:unsure::unsure::unsure::giggle::giggle:;)

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Cant wait to race one in my Trackhawk lol.....

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
BUT....... Thats also the day EVERYONE'S Hellcat goes up in value so not such a bad day afterall lol......

At the stroke of midnight on January 1, 2024 no more Hellcats of any type will be built. New federal regulations comes into effect that kills these cars.

The fucking gubberment telling us again what we can or can't have.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Cant wait to race one in my Trackhawk lol.....
First one into the garage wins?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Flippers..no better than the dealers and their insane ADM's...
The owner of the dealership I have been dealing with had several offers on Demons 1 & 2
1 Demon of the 2 he sold was flipped instantly
The same person was there looking for a D170
He said he won t sell again to someone he knew was a flipper ;)

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I don't understand the whole hybrid, green push when eliminating the V8 is not resulting in any better fuel economy! When will we be able to get our V8s back? How long before this whole green charade falls apart? If I have to lose my V8s for the same MPG I better damn well get a faster, more capable vehicle!

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I don't understand the whole hybrid, green push when eliminating the V8 is not resulting in any better fuel economy! When will we be able to get our V8s back? How long before this whole green charade falls apart? If I have to lose my V8s for the same MPG I better damn well get a faster, more capable vehicle!
I think Dodge needs and will one up the Hellcat with the Hurricane engine.
Not sure how, but I think they come to the table with a 10 second car to replace the outgoing Challenger.

Otherwise, where are the camo cars at? We should have seen something by now.

Unless it really is the Charger, Hornet, Durango and whatever its replacement will be. Thats going to be the suck.

I believe either with hybrid or Direct Connection etc, that Dodge will drop a Challenger capable of 10.50s and use the I6 while doing it.