Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dealer Sells Soldier's Demon 170 While He's Deployed In Iraq

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
It doesn’t pay to be greedy

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #142
It’s about time the actions of these sneaky dealers be held accountable. @ButterDaGreat? “A big shout out to you“for being diligent. I believe this was the prime reason this got resolved. The only thing that big powerful firms don’t like is large scale negative social media press that can hurt their bottom line. lost sales is what gets their attention. Ironic the very thing Mac Haik was chasing $$$$$$ may very well suffer. No wonder why heads rolled at that dealership. Also it sounds like some at Dodge said this one is to big not to address because of bad image. This DC 170 car has brought out mostly the bad in the sales of it. I would like to to see a list be published of certified MSRP sold 170 cars. Of course that would probably be screwed with as well.The dealerships that valued customers deserve more of the spot light.
Probably in 6-9 months there will be a small video on Leno's channel with the presentation. But that's yet to be seen.

By then it will be forgotten.

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
It doesn’t pay to be greedy
I must disagree, after checking on about a 100 dealers, for on a D170, about 100% are dirt bags, one dealer got caught, and luckily, was made public...

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Wonder if GNBRETT sent his resume in for any of the recent job openings....

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I must disagree, after checking on about a 100 dealers, for on a D170, about 100% are dirt bags, one dealer got caught, and luckily, was made public...
Out them all

ButterDaGreat?

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
View attachment 126516
View attachment 126517

Mac Haik Flowood Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
·
The F8 Green Demon 170 is BACK at the dealership and NOT AVAILABLE FOR SALE to anyone besides the original military service member who ordered the car.
It’s our understanding that Dodge and Jay Leno are going to do something pretty cool for the service member, and our hats are off to them. In the event that the original customer decides to take Dodge’s offer and decides to pass on the car, we will be wholesaling the F8 Green Demon 170 and all proceeds will be donated to a charity of the service member’s choosing.
The other Demon 170 customers who got wrapped up in this whole unfortunate situation have also been made whole and gotten their Demon 170’s at MSRP.
We’ve made some BIG mistakes that affected multiple people, good people that didn’t deserve to be in the middle of this. To the service member who came in months in advance to sit down and order the car, to the other good-hearted people who had the rug pulled out from under them. We apologize. No amount of “I’m sorry’s” can un-do what’s already been done, we know that, but rest assured it will never happen again.
None of the employees involved in the situation represent our core company values, and that’s why they are no longer with us. The GM, Sales Manager, and Salesperson involved were all terminated after the truth came to light. From the CEO of Mac Haik all the way down through the company we believe in taking care of our customers at the highest level, and the NEW GM and team is 100% committed to doing so.
We are also grateful for the YouTubers and social media influencers who helped bring this story to our attention in the first place. Thank you to “Butter Da Great” for breaking the story and calling on Dodge to make it right, and thank you to “TK” for making sure we followed through on all of our promises! Without you, this may have been swept under the rug, and the dishonest people in their positions of power would’ve been left there to do it again.
This has been a very eye-opening experience for us as a company, sometimes you need to take a step back and reevaluate and that’s what we’ve done. Our focus and goal is to identify the problems, right the wrongs, and put processes and procedures in place so that they don’t happen again.
Funny how I have text messages of salesman trying to sell the car again after this post. I have ZERO communications with Mac Haik upper management and I called to let them know of the soldiers wishes for me to purchase his car. Mac Haik is so "sorry" for this situation, they made money off the other 2 Demon 170's they sold to the other customers affected, they want to donate to charity someone else money not involved, and even tried to offer a Demon 170 to me.

I refused their offer and reminded them the soldiers wishes, then you see a bunch of backpedaling this weekend on the fate of the soldiers car. I've been clear from the beginning that Mac Haik shouldn't make a single penny on these 3 cars. Sell them at dealer cost, apologize, and if they want donate to charity? Donate your money, they rake in billions of dollars a year 1704676099034.png

Demon Dan

Member ID
Reactions
City
San Pedro
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Funny how I have text messages of salesman trying to sell the car again after this post. I have ZERO communications with Mac Haik upper management and I called to let them know of the soldiers wishes for me to purchase his car. Mac Haik is so "sorry" for this situation, they made money off the other 2 Demon 170's they sold to the other customers affected, they want to donate to charity someone else money not involved, and even tried to offer a Demon 170 to me.

I refused their offer and reminded them the soldiers wishes, then you see a bunch of backpedaling this weekend on the fate of the soldiers car. I've been clear from the beginning that Mac Haik shouldn't make a single penny on these 3 cars. Sell them at dealer cost, apologize, and if they want donate to charity? Donate your money, they rake in billions of dollars a year View attachment 126703
Even selling them at dealer cost doesn't take a dime out of their pockets. They should auction them for 100% charity. Even at that they can still write them off.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #149
Nothing surprises me anymore. Scumbags will be scumbags.

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
FRL nearly made the top spot with only 3 locations?

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #151
FRL nearly made the top spot with only 3 locations?
That's average revenue per location.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

I refused their offer and reminded them the soldiers wishes, then you see a bunch of backpedaling this weekend on the fate of the soldiers car. I've been clear from the beginning that Mac Haik shouldn't make a single penny on these 3 cars. Sell them at dealer cost, apologize, and if they want donate to charity? Donate your money, they rake in billions of dollars a year View attachment 126703
Koons sold all of his for a cool 1.2B

Getting out while its good.

Nothing will change with these dealers unless something is done in congress to change laws. After the markups on EVs last summer and the green push from Washington, i'd figure they would have done something but nope.

Which tells me, Washington doesn't really give a shit about how cars are sold. So this game continues.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #153
Koons sold all of his for a cool 1.2B

Getting out while its good.

Nothing will change with these dealers unless something is done in congress to change laws. After the markups on EVs last summer and the green push from Washington, i'd figure they would have done something but nope.

Which tells me, Washington doesn't really give a shit about how cars are sold. So this game continues.
I don't condone these practices how many more laws is needed?

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I don't condone these practices how many more laws is needed?
Wouldn't be adding laws, but allowing manufacturers to sell direct.
Or utilize dealerships as drop points/service centers.

Capitalism thrives on competition.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #155
Wouldn't be adding laws, but allowing manufacturers to sell direct.
Or utilize dealerships as drop points/service centers.

Capitalism thrives on competition.
I believe that would be a cluster fuck, worse than it is now.

The dealer would no longer have to take any kind of responsibility.

Maybe they should go back to the customer satisfaction of each dealer directly effects their allocation? Once that was dropped shit went to hell.

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
This is a decent article covering the history of the car dealership legislation that prevents auto makers from selling directly to customers.
How many other industries prohibit manufacturers from selling directly to their own customers?
  • You can buy a laptop directly from dell.com.
  • You can buy a pixel phone directly from the google store.
  • You can buy all sorts of stuff directly from manufacturer's websites... just not cars.
All because some middlemen got laws passed to protect their position. Not sure which is more protected these days: dealerships or title insurance.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Doesn't Tesla sell direct?

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Doesn't Tesla sell direct?
Yes (as do most of the EV start-ups), but they are constantly battling the Auto Dealers Assoc. over the issue.

Our bought & paid for FL legislature gives into the dealers here all the time & in a big way. They passed a law blocking out of state dealers from selling manufactures extended warranties here & fixing the price @ MSRP. Then last fall passed a law prohibiting direct sales of cars except for Tesla and a few other small players. Meanwhile, dealers here continue to rob consumers with insane ADM's, add-ons and crazy 'fees', like charging $500 for title transfer that actually costs $88 at the DMV.

Typical here to find dealers adding:
$2000 - $3000 for a 'protection' or 'advantage' pkg (useless crap like paint & interior protection, nitro tires, a few oil chgs etc.)
$1000 - $1600 prep/doc fee
$125 - $300 plate transfer (($13 at the DMV)
$300 - $600 title transfer ($88 at the DMV)
ADM on anything selling/popular (I've seen Challenger SXT's with $3000 ADM :oops:)

It is insane to buy a car here !

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #159
Yes (as do most of the EV start-ups), but they are constantly battling the Auto Dealers Assoc. over the issue.

Our bought & paid for FL legislature gives into the dealers here all the time & in a big way. They passed a law blocking out of state dealers from selling manufactures extended warranties here & fixing the price @ MSRP. Then last fall passed a law prohibiting direct sales of cars except for Tesla and a few other small players. Meanwhile, dealers here continue to rob consumers with insane ADM's, add-ons and crazy 'fees', like charging $500 for title transfer that actually costs $88 at the DMV.

Typical here to find dealers adding:
$2000 - $3000 for a 'protection' or 'advantage' pkg (useless crap like paint & interior protection, nitro tires, a few oil chgs etc.)
$1000 - $1600 prep/doc fee
$125 - $300 plate transfer (($13 at the DMV)
$300 - $600 title transfer ($88 at the DMV)
ADM on anything selling/popular (I've seen Challenger SXT's with $3000 ADM :oops:)

It is insane to buy a car here !
Sucks

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I believe that would be a cluster fuck, worse than it is now.

The dealer would no longer have to take any kind of responsibility.

Maybe they should go back to the customer satisfaction of each dealer directly effects their allocation? Once that was dropped shit went to hell.
Perhaps.

But why not give them the opportunity? Why does the dealer associate fight so hard against it? What are they afraid of?

And if they pay the dealer to take care of delivery, they would take responsibility of the car. But now that you mentioned that, there have been 2 instances where the dealer tried to skirt responsibility that have happened to both my brother and sister.

So, they kind of avoid it in this current market. No one is really a fan of the dealer experience.