Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

De Tomaso Pantera

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Innit😜

Plasticman

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Opelika
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger HC
My best friend from college had one of the fiberglass prototypes produced before they made the steel ones. He's had two of the '70 models, always has to have the floor pan mod performed (he's 6'3") so he fits inside. They were not meant for tall people.

Rob

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Beautifull cars, but I never thought they were very fast. My old '66 Pontiac GTO with a TransAm 455 would kill them every time. My GTO was a consistant 13.0 machine.
Their forte was more top end. 160mph was pretty good in '71.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
Their forte was more top end. 160mph was pretty good in '71.
My GTO ran 3.23 gears and could hit 160 with no problem. That being said; I still wanted one but could not afford one.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Always loved the Pantera's. Met a guy that was a body builder (this guy was all muscle) that owned a sweet looking Pantera with a 351 Cleveland in it. It was definitely no slouch back in the day. I asked him how fast he'd gotten it up to, and he said 180 mph....and also said it scared him sh*tless and he'd never do it again! So I agree, they seemed geared for top speed instead of 0-60....

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
Strong Mopar representation in the UK between you and Lize. If there is a Mopar club you 2 belong to please recruit them to join this forum. Always cool to see Mopar rides in an element that is outside the borders of North America.
I'm not a member of any Mopar clubs nor Facebook either. Your post prompted me to do a quick internet search and I came across a Ram FB group and found a bed step for sale which the guy mistakenly bought for a 2500 and it fits a 1500. I got my mate to send him a message and its only 45mins away so I'm going to collect it tomorrow (y).

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
Strong Mopar representation in the UK between you and Lize. If there is a Mopar club you 2 belong to please recruit them to join this forum. Always cool to see Mopar rides in an element that is outside the borders of North America.
Picked up the bed step this morning and the guy has a friend with a Challenger Widebody Redeye so told him about this forum.

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
Cool :cool: Interesting how random things connect to create outcomes!

I've had 3 Rams over time, the last being a loaded Longhorn Laramie. It had the retractable Mopar Bedstep. If that's what you got make sure it is installed so it doesn't slam into the body when being retracted. That was a known issue and took a bit of time to get right.

Hopefully we'll see a new member as a result of your conversation. Thank you!

Last edited:

Slows2k

Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger
Old boss had one, until it rusted away.

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
Cool :cool: Interesting how random things connect to create outcomes!
I've had 3 Rams over time, the last being a loaded Longhorn Laramie. It had the retractable Mopar Bedstep. If that's what you got make sure it is installed so it doesn't slam into the body when being retracted. That was a known issue and took a bit of tim to get right.
Thanks for the pointer, going to have to make sure it clears the 5" Borla tips too, it should do from what I've read. It's raining again so don't know when I'll get round to fitting, seems to have been doing it for weeks now :cry:.