Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

C8 Corvette Dyno'd 656 hp and 606 lb-ft

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Not in person it aint...
Film and video hardly tell the story of what is truly appreciated in real life.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Long awaited performance figures...

"DETROIT — Jaws dropped when Chevrolet first announced the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray coupe would accelerate 0 to 60 mph in less than three seconds with the available Z51 Performance Package. Today, the brand confirms the sportscar with the available Z51 Package can reach 60 mph in 2.9 seconds and cross the quarter-mile mark in 11.2 seconds at 121 mph.

Even without the available Z51 Package, a base Stingray, starting at $59,995 (including destination charges, excluding tax, title, license, and dealer fees), can reach 60 mph in three seconds flat and cross the quarter mile mark in 11.2 seconds at 123 mph. Performance numbers may vary, as different climates, tire conditions and road surfaces may affect results.

“The performance of the 2020 Stingray has far exceeded our expectations,” said Alex MacDonald, Chevrolet vehicle performance manager. “Moving more weight over the rear wheels helps us get off the line quicker, but it’s the integration between the powertrain and chassis that really takes the performance to new levels.”

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/201...-9-seconds-runs-quarter-mile-in-11-2-121-mph/

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
11.2@121 aligns with their advertised HP numbers... not the grossly exaggerate numbers in this thread.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
It's just hard to believe there was that much un-tapped power left in a naturally aspirated engine. It could just be a matter of great gearing and drivetrain that allow the car to be so quick - as is alluded to above???

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
It's just hard to believe there was that much un-tapped power left in a naturally aspirated engine. It could just be a matter of great gearing and drivetrain that allow the car to be so quick - as is alluded to above???
Dude, that is called "enginerding". GM designed the car from scratch based upon specific objectives, applied known or created new technology, and then exceed those objectives. It is an incredible sports car.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Based on the weight and traction provided, yep, it would get to sixty quick and the low 11's seem right for for advertised HP. The more powerful models coming up should be ripping fun and really give the cars that cost several 100's thousands to over a million problems.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
There is a lot of power left
Problem is that it doesn't make for a good street car

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I think sum engineers need to go back to street school. Have 3 different certification agencies and 3 #s. Some one needs to given a raise and 2 need to be fired. Advertising plow or show boating.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
There is a lot of power left
Problem is that it doesn't make for a good street car
I would have to disagree ...the C8 I drove was an awesome street car...the power delivery seemed somewhat more linear than either my HC or Demon

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
The C8 weighs 3300lbs that is what allows it to be so quick. Could you imagine how quick a Challenger 1320 would be if it weighed 3300lbs. It would be much faster then the C8. Now imagine a Hellcat or Redeye at 3300lbs. This is a car for people who want exotic car looks. There is nothing wrong with that. You are getting a lot of car for the money. Will I buy one or be trading in my Challenger for one....hell no.

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
Imagine the power with a supercharger on it. Easy 800 to the wheels.

OP
Blkout

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #32
The C8 weighs 3300lbs that is what allows it to be so quick. Could you imagine how quick a Challenger 1320 would be if it weighed 3300lbs. It would be much faster then the C8. Now imagine a Hellcat or Redeye at 3300lbs. This is a car for people who want exotic car looks. There is nothing wrong with that. You are getting a lot of car for the money. Will I buy one or be trading in my Challenger for one....hell no.
The weight seems debatable, I've seen as low as 3386lbs and as much as 3647lbs. The DCT helps a lot with acceleration as well.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
The weight seems debatable, I've seen as low as 3386lbs and as much as 3647lbs. The DCT helps a lot with acceleration as well.
And then add the 350lbs of driver... Boom 4000lbs again! The really fast ones are going to be few and far between because the vast majority will never see a track.

The only way the C8 sees over 700hp is if Chevy wants a piece of the 250mph club. Is that the new benchmark? A completely useless stat.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
A completely useless stat.
Aren't most of the stats that sell cars useless?

I don't think the 250mph gimmick is any more useless than "The World's Fastest Sedan" when the Charger HC ran 204mph.
Or a Demon that can run 9s but was banned as a result.

All useless, all enjoyable.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Aren't most of the stats that sell cars useless?

I don't think the 250mph gimmick is any more useless than "The World's Fastest Sedan" when the Charger HC ran 204mph.
Or a Demon that can run 9s but was banned as a result.

All useless, all enjoyable.
Absolutely. I love to live in a world of excess as much as the next person, and I hope we see it.

600hp will put the C8 well over 200mph, 700hp 220mph?, 800+hp the sky is the limit (mostly because if it had wings it could fly).

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Absolutely. I love to live in a world of excess as much as the next person, and I hope we see it.

600hp will put the C8 well over 200mph, 700hp 220mph?, 800+hp the sky is the limit (mostly because if it had wings it could fly).

In the end the only stats that matter are the stats that matter to you. That’s why they list so many stats. Some buy a car because of top speed. Some buy because 0-60. Some buy a car because of handling some buy because of 1/4 mile. Personally I like 0-60 and 1/4 mile. I will probably never go 200mph but it’s nice to know my car can do it.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I would have to disagree ...the C8 I drove was an awesome street car...the power delivery seemed somewhat more linear than either my HC or Demon
I was thinking more solid roller cam, 14.1 compression, aluminum rods etc

Also, where did you get to drive a C8? I have a spot reserved but im probably not getting it until September due to the strike

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger

Also, where did you get to drive a C8? I have a spot reserved but im probably not getting it until September due to the strike
I am in the same boat but at least the constraint roll out plan is now gone. I was originally hoping for a summer delivery but now looking at Sept-Oct.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I will see one, smell it and touch it on Nov 21, here at a dealership. If I can also get a drive, I’ll post up my thoughts! The temperatures around here are not looking that they will support any sort of a real definitive or aggressive stuff happening IF we can take them out on the roads that evening.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

I was fortunate to have one for the day...it was Sunday..the day the Patriots beat Buffalo..(pics of the car in my back yard in previous posts) a couple of us got to drive it...I got bout 20 min...BTW the motors are made here in WNY...engines taken from GM engine facility to a site blocks away to undergo what they call hot testing...the engines are rolling to the BG facility...my orders in...I was one of the early ones