Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Butters Has Put It Together On A Video Why The Hemi Is Dead

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #21
2 things .................

#1 - when I read the title, thought this was going to be some funny South Park clip - sooooooo disappointed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

#2 - gotta wonder just why they cancelled the cars that were suppose to be the next gen Charger & Chally based on the Glory-hole platform. Perhaps the lack of enthusiasm for the idea and previous failed warmed-over shitboxes (looking at you Dart) caused them to reign those projects in. But them, there is the Hornet abortion based on the lackluster Toe-nail to explain ?? Perhaps they suddenly realized they had ZIP to offer besides the EV crap no one wants and decided on yet another attempt to market a thinly disguised EU shitbox in the US completely ignoring the long string of previous failures o_O
They tried to use some platform that twisted like a pretzel with hellcat power. Maybe it was this one? The engineers should have known better. From what I heard a while back.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
They tried to use some platform that twisted like a pretzel with hellcat power. Maybe it was this one? The engineers should have known better. From what I heard a while back.
Yeah, I wouldn't doubt it. Those EU putt-putt cars are not built to take that much torque. Maybe if they had welded railroad tracks to the pan :LOL:

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Well they are giving it another try with the Hornet right now
I still have yet to see a single one on the road... and you have the usual suspects on Youtube singing its praises :ROFLMAO:

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #24
I still have yet to see a single one on the road... and you have the usual suspects on Youtube singing its praises :ROFLMAO:
Go to Roadkill Nights. They're giving Hornet thrill rides...

I shit you not.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
I saw the Hornet in person at Barrett Jackson earlier this year in January. I thought to myself, this is what will be the death of Dodge. I couldn’t even take a picture of the car I was so mad and disgusted.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Go to Roadkill Nights. They're giving Hornet thrill rides...

I shit you not.

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Maybe a thrill-les ride.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Well, IMO the problem isn't even the Hornet. It's Dodge being about 6 years late to the game and trying to enter a segment already saturated. I don't know anyone who is cross shopping a Hornet vs a Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander, etc. Those are already trusted and well established.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Well, IMO the problem isn't even the Hornet. It's Dodge being about 6 years late to the game and trying to enter a segment already saturated. I don't know anyone who is cross shopping a Hornet vs a Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander, etc. Those are already trusted and well established.
The problem is Dodge trying to sell it as a high performance vehicle.
Dumbest commercial ever.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Yeah that's a marketing flop. You can see that from the Instagram comments.

Jroc

Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I drove a Hornet the other day. An absolute steaming pile of shit. I work at a dealer and am in a group chat with friends at other dealers, check out these messages as Hornets have started to hit our lots lol, names and phone numbers blanked out to protect the innocent. hornet1.jpg hornet2.jpg hornet3.jpg hornet4.jpg hornet5.jpg

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Well hell. Da big 3 has turned in2 da big 2. Makes ya wunder if da guneneer of NY is running, well what waz Dodge now nuttin, dodge and da last of da hemi. If I waz a salez persun at dodge, I wood bee pissed. I half 2 go by Seminole in da morn. I will stop by da dealer shitz and testickle a drive of da hworenet. Den da feelens I half bean holden in, will cum out. I have watched, listened, and seen dis outcum and it ain't perty. Resale wee are screwed. Repare parts,, better whored em. I agree,itster is worse than we exspected. We got snuckered.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Take the gosh darn hybrid trans and mate it to the hurricane 510
Refresh the current Challenger/Charger because everyone seems to love them.
Sell the car at 65k price point that they have been pushing for the last year or so.

650hp Scat Pack Dodge Challenger/Charger that gets 40-50MPG!

Send the SRT boys back to the lab with the Ram engineers and design a new Hellcat/V8.
Figure out how to make those V8s get decent gas mileage. Then add the blower and hybrid trans so again - 40-50MPG but now with 800+ HP!!!

Dodge needs to stick with what they are good at. Making stupid HP in comfortable sports/muscle cars.
Hell bring back the Viper too. But cater it like the Corvette. Have a base 510 hybrid version and price it at 70k range. Hellcat version ACR can be upwards of 150k

Using the electric motors, they should be able to hit their CAFE numbers while still having the bad ass Hellcat live on.

Jumping 2 feet into the EV world was just a bad choice.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I hate 2 repeat myself frum 4 ears ago, but dis country is snot ready fer dis jump to EVs. Dee infastructure can snot handle da load. Dare is snot enough drop cords 2 handle it. Power grid my ass. Power lines and transformers, nope. Den da power houses bee en torn down and snot replaced wit ? what?Nuthin. Ware da hell is all dis energy cumin frum? Solar, wind mills, ha. Betta think about this befoe you vote. NY you are screwed.