Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Butters Has Put It Together On A Video Why The Hemi Is Dead

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
We've all been talking about this for months, maybe years at this point. Great job Butters.

You can argue, yell, whatever. The truth is the truth.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
What else would you expect from the pussies in Europe who run Stellantis? This has been coming for several years so no one should be surprised. Tim Kuniskis has become a yessir man to the European automotive model that produces little chicken shit vehicles. It is sickening that a once proud balls to the wall performance brand has been sold down the tubes to these puking European companies. At least GM and Ford have kept the badass cars in their lineups. Fuck Stellantis and fuck Tim Kuniskis.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
What else would you expect from the pussies in Europe who run Stellantis? This has been coming for several years so no one should be surprised. Tim Kuniskis has become a yessir man to the European automotive model that produces little chicken shit vehicles. It is sickening that a once proud balls to the wall performance brand has been sold down the tubes to these puking European companies. At least GM and Ford have kept the badass cars in their lineups. Fuck Stellantis and fuck Tim Kuniskis.
It's been a series of poor decisions and non follow throughs by upper management.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
He seems to have been teleported back to late 2021/early 2022 when everyone else figured this out. Stay tuned for his next video about last week's lottery numbers.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
He seems to have been teleported back to late 2021/early 2022 when everyone else figured this out. Stay tuned for his next video about last week's lottery numbers.
Sometimes people need a reminder. The Dodge narrative is, the EPA has forced this upon us.

Maybe partially but 0 planning on their part. Tired of the victim attitude from them.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Their biggest problem from what I understood was the company's inability to develop a well-selling cheap economy car to help them meet the new CAFE numbers. Well that and the fact that Obama created CAFE, Trump essentially eliminated the concept/policy, then a new president and same old rules enacted/enforced on them.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Pacifica Hybrid came out in 16 or 17. It gets upwards of 80MPG
They had the technology to build hybrids to offset carbon credits for Hellcats.

They probably could have built a hybrid Hellcat

Seems like Sergio's death was the end of the line for FCA

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #8
Their biggest problem from what I understood was the company's inability to develop a well-selling cheap economy car to help them meet the new CAFE numbers. Well that and the fact that Obama created CAFE, Trump essentially eliminated the concept/policy, then a new president and same old rules enacted/enforced on them.
That's part of their narrative. The victim story.

If I don't change my business plan on a regular basis, I'm out of business in a new york minute.

Same for them. They sat on their hands.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
So that's what @ButterDaGreat? looks like lol.

Dodge (whatever corporate name they're going by this week) has always made what would appear to be bad decisions since I've been around the brand. I've been surprised they've stayed in business. When they started selling out to whatever European company opened the purse strings I knew the end wasn't far away.

Coming out with the GEN3 Hemi platform and especially the Hellcat was a home run and probably extended their business by 10 years, but that's over.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #10
So that's what @ButterDaGreat? looks like lol.

Dodge (whatever corporate name they're going by this week) has always made what would appear to be bad decisions since I've been around the brand. I've been surprised they've stayed in business. When they started selling out to whatever European company opened the purse strings I knew the end wasn't far away.

Coming out with the GEN3 Hemi platform and especially the Hellcat was a home run and probably extended their business by 10 years, but that's over.
I should of known better than to think that things have changed at Chrysler.

It seems like every decade they're involved in another financial debacle. This has been happening as long as I can remember, since the 60s.

I'm very disheartened by the same turn of events but I seriously doubt that the brands are going to survive this time unless they can get bought out again.

😭😭😭😭

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Funny thing is I gave moms some numbers to try and I missed by 1 number oddly last week...

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
And if Tim Kuniskis is to be believed, Dodge was probably scared of competition by the likes of Honda, Toyota, Nissan, to make a smaller fuel efficient vehicle. He admitted they were scared to make a car in the same class of the Mustang and Camaro, so maybe they were afraid to have a repeat of the Avenger, Dart, and Caliber :sick:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
And if Tim Kuniskis is to be believed, Dodge was probably scared of competition by the likes of Honda, Toyota, Nissan, to make a smaller fuel efficient vehicle. He admitted they were scared to make a car in the same class of the Mustang and Camaro, so maybe they were afraid to have a repeat of the Avenger, Dart, and Caliber :sick:
Well they are giving it another try with the Hornet right now

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #14
Well they are giving it another try with the Hornet right now
An already failed Alpha.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Sometimes people need a reminder. The Dodge narrative is, the EPA has forced this upon us.

Maybe partially but 0 planning on their part. Tired of the victim attitude from them.
I think it's a "chicken or egg" thing. What is the point of manufacturing a ton of EVs that no one will buy. Plenty of stories out there about EVs that are piling up on dealer lots (apparently the number of unsold EVs on dealer lots tripled during 2Q2023). Same for small gasoline cars. Who's buying them? Look at the top ten cars sold in the US, there isn't a small car among them. Doe sit make financial sense to design, test and build small cars and EVs that you'll eventually have to buy back and crush? As for the EPA, the raising oof the cost of carbon credits is their doing and Congress' ever-increasing CAFE numbers don't help. I agree that Stellantis hasn't planned beyond gasoline, but why would you plan for your own death? Look at Ford, they're very aggressive in the EV market but they lost $3 billion last year on EVs. So the decision seems to be to build cars that don't sell or build cars that don't sell.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Well, maybe these automakers need their lobbyist groups working with government for common sense regulations instead of simply taking the cash grab to "pretend" they're building EVs? How much of that NON-Inflation Reduction Act is going to car makers for EV builds?

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #17
Well, maybe these automakers need their lobbyist groups working with government for common sense regulations instead of simply taking the cash grab to "pretend" they're building EVs? How much of that NON-Inflation Reduction Act is going to car makers for EV builds?
We all know that they're getting ev money from the gubberment to create these losers. Plus they're getting great money for new plants which I'm sure can be easily converted to whatever car they build.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
We had it great when Daimler was our partner, they loved the v8 tech they even lent some of their engineering towards it. Fucking shame the Frenchies ruined another great american company. Hope their entire country burns to the ground in recent political unrest.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Well hell, dats da storiedat I'd din't won't 2 hea. Cents I am staten 2 date a gal 30 yeas youngea dan wa. Buttshae is quiet quet, wit long blond haiha, tight and yungh butt, short just enouch 2 bee penus high, and yungh enough 2 bee my grand daughter. Sew what?? Shaw dosen't want 2 marry me and visa vers us. My bro, marreiod psycologigst 2 anutta psychologist, can luuk up er skurt like all da rest of my fee on says, and say ok. Just don't marry em like da 1st buty queen you did. And what a queen and da bitch. All um wit kids and I don't mean goats, butt dat is ok. I luv children. Grate to play wit and hav fun wit. Younga da kids, younga da moms. Grate combos. Yung gals luv faast cars and hot guys. Wit strong di______ses. Cuul. We bee still be talken about cars, right? Guv mint $$ happens tu bee our $ and dat ain't dat guud. Dodge has taken enough uf buth. Gots mine frum both ends. I am an ulder guy an half paid mi doos, but youz younger dudes ought 2 beez a bit moe care ful wit da dee nareful. Like youz dudes in Cali and NY, been fu____ed bi taxes and fixen solar shits. Youz guys are been taken 2 da cleaners, whore fixen 2. Only bee cauwed I bee en in da buzness cents da 70s. NY, 20050 youz been screwed by makein youz perchuse non gas appliances. Whom pockets r bee en lined wit dis?? Coucin who is da sellen what? Solar panels are bee en sold by whom?? Watch ya'll ass kees. Caly, youz R screwed by a wing nutt and don't scare enugh 2 care. Florida is owns tits way suun. Izze bee ready 2 muve backwards too Tenn intwo da cave. Trump can only spread da cheer fer sew long, den thron out of office again.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
2 things .................

#1 - when I read the title, thought this was going to be some funny South Park clip - sooooooo disappointed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

#2 - gotta wonder just why they cancelled the cars that were suppose to be the next gen Charger & Chally based on the Glory-hole platform. Perhaps the lack of enthusiasm for the idea and previous failed warmed-over shitboxes (looking at you Dart) caused them to reign those projects in. But them, there is the Hornet abortion based on the lackluster Toe-nail to explain ?? Perhaps they suddenly realized they had ZIP to offer besides the EV crap no one wants and decided on yet another attempt to market a thinly disguised EU shitbox in the US completely ignoring the long string of previous failures o_O