Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Blower Spacer Plates

Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
I am a new owner and late to the game concerning spacer plates. I used the search function but like most forums the search feature is suspect as best.

I have watched a few videos about the blower gasket on 2017 or so only having the silicon o-ring between the intake and oil galley. The companies pitching their blower spaces addressed this supposed issue.

My question is was this apparent flaw in the gasket actually an issue and if so, has it been corrected by Dodge on newer models? If not, do the blower spacers work?

Thanks

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I am a new owner and late to the game concerning spacer plates. I used the search function but like most forums the search feature is suspect as best.

I have watched a few videos about the head gaskets on 2017 or so only having the silicon o-ring between the intake and oil galley. The companies pitching their blower spaces addressed this supposed issue.

My question is was this apparent flaw in the gasket actually an issue and if so, has it been corrected by Dodge on newer models? If not, do the blower spacers work?

Thanks

Hard to answer. My opinion is that while the design is suspect, the implementation seems to actually be ok. (BTW, just to clarify, it's not exactly the "cylinder head gaskets" but the blower gaskets that connect the blower to the heads... right?)

I've got the spacers on mine and when I pulled the gaskets there was no indication of any blow out, nor did I see any of the "increased boost" that others have seen.

The other reason I believe this to be the case is that we don't seem to have a bunch of people running around saying that they aren't developing full boost. Additionally, if there were a high number of these gaskets blow out, dumping boost back into the crank, it seems like we would have all of the Oil Catch Can guys with tons of oil in their cans (I run a catch can myself as well).

At some point, I'm pulling the spacers back out and going back to the gaskets, but that's a different can of worms.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I didn't have any boost leak from the stock gaskets either, but the spacers and blanket do help prevent some of the heat soak from the engine. Typical results are a decrease of about 10-12F on the IAT if I recall.

Last edited:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I think it's best for the track especially when hot bc the blower doesn't get as hot & so it cools off quicker. not sure if it makes any difference in et ?
I have them & a buddy with a HC that doesn't have them & after we drove to the track at the same time 1 hour away , I checked the temps on my blower & his & mine was 38* > 40* cooler & cooled off quicker between rounds at the track.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I ran with 3 members at the track that have the spacers and blanket installed and the supercharger after runs was cooler then my Redeye with race cool down and chiller. They work well.

Last edited:
OP
HTX Hellcat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #6
Yes, blower gasket not head gasket.

So the general consensus is spacers work for cooler IAT and cool down. Gasket issue not really a issue.

Thx

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Well it will still probably help. There is a small spot where the stock gasket is very then with no metal just tiny very flexible rubber gasket.

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Yes, blower gasket not head gasket.

So the general consensus is spacers work for cooler IAT and cool down. Gasket issue not really a issue.

Thx

The gasket can be an issue, but I don't think it normally is.

Or don't worry about it unless you have good reason to believe you have a leak.

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Anyone one know If any demons running the spacers with a whipple ?
Just curious if their are any hood clearance issues?
I have a carbon demon hood on my cat & going to upgrade to the whipple soon.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I'm not sure with which size, but I do recall someone over at the Gieco forum saying it wouldn't work.

I don't know how they came to that conclusion.

OP
HTX Hellcat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #11
So if someone who has were to recommend one to purchase, who would you recommend? My goal is to mod the car with out doing a tune or something that might effect the warranty. At least for the first year or so.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The only car in the shop with a SC replacement and a OEM Demon hood is Joe’s and he went with the KB not a Whipple. He had to cut into the air grabber underside to make a hole for the pulley. If I remember.... your Anderson Demon hood is not the same as the OEM on the underside. My Whipple on the spacers would not fit under the stock HC hood but who knows under yours. You will find out when you try to close the hood. Just like me 😂. Good luck!

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
The only car in the shop with a SC replacement and a OEM Demon hood is Joe’s and he went with the KB not a Whipple. He had to cut into the air grabber underside to make a hole for the pulley. If I remember.... your Anderson Demon hood is not the same as the OEM on the underside. My Whipple on the spacers would not fit under the stock HC hood but who knows under yours. You will find out when you try to close the hood. Just like me 😂. Good luck!
Dam.... Marc I was gonna keep it a secret from you as long as possible. Lol cat is out of the bag.
We shall see if it’s gonna work.

YMMV

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Morris Co
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Charger HC
If you don't want to break warranty than you should wait on doing the spacers and blanket.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I got blankets, come with Hello Fresh and another company that has the silver ones. Same stuff and free. I know cause I am a quant if ied insulation contractor, industrial and heavy commercial, for 30 rears. Shit is cheap and prices I have seen on these sites are $$$$. Me and El Rico,, Beach Rico have sum fer sale. Blankets of this stuff. Holds the heat in and or out??

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I didn't have any boost leak from the stock gaskets either, but the spacers and blanket do help prevent some of the heat soak from the engine. Typical results are a decrease of about 10-12F on the IAT if I recall.
If that's legit, you should see 1% more power. You're not seeing anything on slips to back that up?

See_That_Kids.jpg

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Ok futuristic kids and kidettes. Watching Street Outlaws learning nothing. Points of interest I would like to in quire over. Am I ever going to bed?? Next spacers, work or not, blankets work or not, 180 thermos stats worth the trouble. Not 10 minutes of trouble. Ran them in the GM products and it stuck at 180. Worked at the line or not??? Does it hurt the factory se up and tune?? Like in Florida, running a bit cooler is wonder fool but what does it do to the rest of the factory set up?? 9 mm intake, good or bad for the rest?? Change out to Demon injectors from Red Eyes, one to the other to the other?? Like my brother the doctor says// take all these prescription medications and they are good for one thing but what is the affect do they have on the combination of the rest?? Who R & D's on the effects of all the parts from one to the other?? Like in my A/C world, what does the chemical effects have on the combo of all put together?? Who has the $$s and or time to figure this out and why would they?? Fishing, one lure against the other. Whom ever figures it out will be a trillon aire or shot,, by what gun and shot?? I have a chemical make up but is it the best?? All I know there is a lot of monies involved. I can only dream about it and her.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
If that's legit, you should see 1% more power. You're not seeing anything on slips to back that up?

View attachment 5343
Not really, the air density doesnt really change that much. The benefit of the spacers is to delay blower/IAT heat soak which could be robbing power by reducing timing.

Some say these cars start to pull timing when IATs reach 140F.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
If its truly seeing a continual 10-12 degree drop in inlet air temperature that should translate into 1% more delivered power from the motor. It's simple physics (for the most part - yield can vary to some degree based on other engine mods, fuel, etc...). And of course this is the premise of the interchiller system. If, however, this temp drop is actually just coolant temp drop, or that kind of thing, and not a continual drop in IAT, the power realized will be less. If you can drive down the street after putting in the spacers / blanket and see a legit drop of 10-12 in actual IAT that's a pretty good return in my opinion.

Last edited:

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I have them and the Thermo blanket. Yes they work. Much cooler temperatures which means better performance. If they did not work I’d be the first to bi&$@.