Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Best 15” conversion for street car

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Looking for everyone’s experience with what the best fittings 15” conversion is with rotors that will not warp under daily driving. Have read a lot of stories of rear rotors warping and cracking, so looking to tap into the experience of everyone on here who’s been there done that. Appreciate it as always

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Ripatuned says he's got a 15 inch conversion for the Trackhawk now and he's using some special wheels and rotors so maybe give them a call and see what they offer for the Hellcat cause most will have the usual.

He may have a better set up for the Hellcat as well I know they do the conversions over there but they may be using what most others use not sure I just know the Trackhawk conversion isnt offered by anyone other than him right now.

Says he's got a 17 inch custom front conversion as well that they were taking pre orders on a while back so thats possibly another option for fronts if ur looking to save weight and have good brakes cause that set up was completely custom as well.

Not a fan of him but he offers some pretty dope shit. Probably worth reaching out to them tho.....

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I dunno. Demon 170's in the 8's factory with a 315/50/17 - and plenty of others too.

Unless your track prep is regularly a hammered bag of ass...do you really need more than that for a "street" car?

I'm not even close to the limits of that tire yet at 900-1000hp - it bites hard.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Ripatuned says he's got a 15 inch conversion for the Trackhawk now and he's using some special wheels and rotors so maybe give them a call and see what they offer for the Hellcat cause most will have the usual.

He may have a better set up for the Hellcat as well I know they do the conversions over there but they may be using what most others use not sure I just know the Trackhawk conversion isnt offered by anyone other than him right now.

Says he's got a 17 inch custom front conversion as well that they were taking pre orders on a while back so thats possibly another option for fronts if ur looking to save weight and have good brakes cause that set up was completely custom as well.

Not a fan of him but he offers some pretty dope shit. Probably worth reaching out to them tho.....
Rippa don’t have SHIT. 💩. He’s begging TBM to become a dealer and private label for him.

on that note I had tce junk. Cracked rotors in 4 passes
I just installed TBM in the back have fronts also. Only part is you loose parking brake. They are 15 pounds lighter over the TCE
Watch like 13 mins in

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Totally disagree. Nothing even comes close to the MT Pro Radial I dont care what anyone says and it only comes in a 15 inch. Absolute NIGHT and DAY difference on the street not even close!

My Redeye was making 880 whp and I was roasting them Street R's like nothing their useless that at power level on the street. I had every single suspension mod known to mankind and I still couldnt hook properly!

I have heard ppl say this over and over that the Street R is plenty. Its NOT. Not even close! He absolutely NEEDS that tire on the street if he wants to hook up properly as he makes more power thats fact.

Like many here they're trying to make more and more power and when ppl with Demon 170's make the switch like every other fast ass original Demon did they will be even faster on the street. Everyone hooks at the track its prepped.

I went thru this shit with my Turbo Mustang then I switched to the 15 inch with a Pro Radial it was like I put Velcro down! In fact, I can remember when they first came out my buddy raced a Camaro. The Camaro had Street R's and he had the Pro Radials. He beat him so bad the dude was 100% positive he was spraying. He said no way his car was that much faster casue they had raced before when they both had Street R's.

I dunno. Demon 170's in the 8's factory with a 315/50/17 - and plenty of others too.

Unless your track prep is regularly a hammered bag of ass...do you really need more than that for a "street" car?

I'm not even close to the limits of that tire yet at 900-1000hp - it bites hard.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thats actually what I was wondering cause they mentioned it was some sorta custom setup that required a custom 15 inch wheel. Sure, TBM makes the 15 inch conversion for the Hellcat but they dont make it for the Trackhawk so just buying TBM rotors would accomplish nothing by itself. There would be quite a lot more involved to work on a Trackhawk.

Im sure for the Hellcats thats what he doing which is what I assumed cause hes a little weasel......

Rippa don’t have SHIT. 💩. He’s begging TBM to become a dealer and private label for him.

on that note I had tce junk. Cracked rotors in 4 passes
I just installed TBM in the back have fronts also. Only part is you loose parking brake. They are 15 pounds lighter over the TCE
Watch like 13 mins in

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Totally disagree. Nothing even comes close to the MT Pro Radial I dont care what anyone says and it only comes in a 15 inch. Absolute NIGHT and DAY difference on the street not even close!

My Redeye was making 880 whp and I was roasting them Street R's like nothing their useless that at power level on the street. I had every single suspension mod known to mankind and I still couldnt hook properly!

I have heard ppl say this over and over that the Street R is plenty. Its NOT. Not even close! He absolutely NEEDS that tire on the street if he wants to hook up properly as he makes more power thats fact.

Like many here they're trying to make more and more power and when ppl with Demon 170's make the switch like every other fast ass original Demon did they will be even faster on the street. Everyone hooks at the track its prepped.

I went thru this shit with my Turbo Mustang then I switched to the 15 inch with a Pro Radial it was like I put Velcro down! In fact, I can remember when they first came out my buddy raced a Camaro. The Camaro had Street R's and he had the Pro Radials. He beat him so bad the dude was 100% positive he was spraying. He said no way his car was that much faster casue they had raced before when they both had Street R's.
I don't think we are talking hooking on the street. Saying the 17's have worked at the track. I wouldn't waste my time trying to make my car hook on the street, don't care

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Makes zero difference the Pro Radial is still light years ahead at the track. What do u think these dudes running low 8's and 7's are running? Its not the street R.

Every single one of them switches to a 15 inch with a Pro Radial when they wanna go really fast! The bottom line is they hook better anywhere in any condition cause its simply much softer and stickier! Ppl use the Street R cause thats the best tire they can get for the 17 inch.

If the 17 was available in the Pro Radial EVERYONE would switch to it immediately!

I don't think we are talking hooking on the street. Saying the 17's have worked at the track. I wouldn't waste my time trying to make my car hook on the street, don't care

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I wouldn’t compare what the 170 is doing with anything else. That thing has got some magical shit going on in the suspension and traction control dept. Plus…. all the runs were seeing where it’s cutting the low 1.2 sixty’s is on a prepped track where it’s all about that car. Track rental prep to do what it takes to get the numbers. The 15” Radial Pro is a way more capable tire then a 17” ET-R on a regular track.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
My choice on the brake conversion would be the Motion Raceworks/TBM. They have Hellcat spec stuff now. Miles ahead of the TCE.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I have the TCE rear conversion on mine. I've run them for over a year still going strong. That being said I plan on TBM fronts.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I've had good luck with my TCE 15" conversion stuff. Stops fine at my et's. Works well on the street, though admittedly I'm not one to abuse a car on the street.

I have the 315/60-15" ETSTREET R and really like them. I've never run the PRO but I don't have a bad thing one to say about the R for my use. I only use the 15" R's for the track and I run the 17" R for street use.

From what I have seen it's not that the 15's are faster than the 17's, it's that they are faster MORE OFTEN. When a 17" hooks it's pretty much as fast as you'd want it to be, but then there's all those times it doesn't hook.

Also, I just took a few minutes and looked at the TCM stuff. It's some really nice looking race bred stuff. In fact, it reminds me a lot of the stuff we use on our Junior dragsters(lol, but seriously).

1000rrstunna

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
La grange
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Super stock 2023
Go with the Tbm the quality is superior.