Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

AWE Exhaust Only At HHP

Trader history for HighHorseman (0)

HellcatMatt

Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Awesome! Any way I could just get the rear touring muffler sections and quad tips?

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
That resonated touring is the cat's ass.

OP
HighHorseman

HighHorseman

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
TopCat
Thread Starter #24
Awesome! Any way I could just get the rear touring muffler sections and quad tips?
Should have more videos coming soon as we install more kits!

HellcatMatt

Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Should have more videos coming soon as we install more kits!
I meant to purchase. I see on AWE’s site they have the “conversion”. Would that work as an “axle-back” with the stock exhaust?

I’m mainly just after rear mufflers with quad tips vs buying a whole setup

OP
HighHorseman

HighHorseman

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
TopCat
Thread Starter #26
I meant to purchase. I see on AWE’s site they have the “conversion”. Would that work as an “axle-back” with the stock exhaust?

I’m mainly just after rear mufflers with quad tips vs buying a whole setup
It would have to be a complete kit.

OP
HighHorseman

HighHorseman

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
TopCat
Thread Starter #27
Today we check out the Track edition kit in more detail:

OP
HighHorseman

HighHorseman

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
TopCat
Thread Starter #28
Here's a closer look at fitment on some more modified setups:

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat Challenger & Charger
Don't have exact decibel readings for each kit, but I'd say a bit louder in volume compared to the extreme without the rasp and more of the deep rumble.

Don't get us started on mid muffler deletes :ROFLMAO:
I'll get you started.....tell me briefly what about the mid muffler deletes. So much misinformation out there. Tell us from a performance shop your findings. In my experience mid muffler had no negatives. Louder on start up, kept the valves, very loud under WOT.

Been down the expensive exhaust road before. Borla type S...it droned...valves sqeaked...diff brace (original versions) wouldn't fit. Got rid of it. Waste of money. Mid Muffler delete done by reputable shop frankly was amazing and under 200 dollars. Now fast forward it's catless with a borla ATAK w/valve sims and it's 6/5 like you say. It's stupid loud. Why the ATAK is a long story involving my OEM exhaust being damaged. Car is tuned so CEL codes non issue but I know a lot of Borlas had code issues.

So I'd like to know your honest thoughts on the mid muffler delete if done with quality not at a chop shop. I ask because my daily Charger Hellcat I said I'd never mess with is calling out to me. I want it louder at idle an start up and louder overall with out being the 6/5 stupidity my Challenger is. I'm about to do the mid muffler at a trusted performance shop. I trust your opinions and value your experience so lets hear it.

2nd related question. I looked at the systems and see no valve simulators? Where do those hook up? Do you need separate aftermarket sims? Sounds like your test car had an aftermarket intake. I have the LMI. Was testing done on a full OEM Cat or one with an intake?

If I'm gonna spend money on an exhaust again I'd like to be as informed as possible. Thanks for your time.

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
@HighHorseman anything? I'm fixing to pull the trigger on the delete again. Really would like to hear what you have to say.

OP
HighHorseman

HighHorseman

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
TopCat
Thread Starter #31
Check out HHP customer Moses and his DIY Track Edition install:

I'll get you started.....tell me briefly what about the mid muffler deletes. So much misinformation out there. Tell us from a performance shop your findings. In my experience mid muffler had no negatives. Louder on start up, kept the valves, very loud under WOT.

Been down the expensive exhaust road before. Borla type S...it droned...valves sqeaked...diff brace (original versions) wouldn't fit. Got rid of it. Waste of money. Mid Muffler delete done by reputable shop frankly was amazing and under 200 dollars. Now fast forward it's catless with a borla ATAK w/valve sims and it's 6/5 like you say. It's stupid loud. Why the ATAK is a long story involving my OEM exhaust being damaged. Car is tuned so CEL codes non issue but I know a lot of Borlas had code issues.

So I'd like to know your honest thoughts on the mid muffler delete if done with quality not at a chop shop. I ask because my daily Charger Hellcat I said I'd never mess with is calling out to me. I want it louder at idle an start up and louder overall with out being the 6/5 stupidity my Challenger is. I'm about to do the mid muffler at a trusted performance shop. I trust your opinions and value your experience so lets hear it.

2nd related question. I looked at the systems and see no valve simulators? Where do those hook up? Do you need separate aftermarket sims? Sounds like your test car had an aftermarket intake. I have the LMI. Was testing done on a full OEM Cat or one with an intake?

If I'm gonna spend money on an exhaust again I'd like to be as informed as possible. Thanks for your time.
If you're not adverse to the sound, the drone, not concerned about gaining any power, and you have an actual quality shop doing the delete then there aren't any problems. There's always going to be a distinct sound and performance difference between an engineered exhaust and a hacked up or frankensteined kit. We've always hated having to do it on cars that we've done 9in rear conversions on (before these AWE kits existed). Customer feedback has also never been great on exhaust sound after it having to be done.

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Check out HHP customer Moses and his DIY Track Edition install:

If you're not adverse to the sound, the drone, not concerned about gaining any power, and you have an actual quality shop doing the delete then there aren't any problems. There's always going to be a distinct sound and performance difference between an engineered exhaust and a hacked up or frankensteined kit. We've always hated having to do it on cars that we've done 9in rear conversions on (before these AWE kits existed). Customer feedback has also never been great on exhaust sound after it having to be done.

So there it is put to bed finally!! Mid Muffler delete done right causes no problems. Despite what some "seat of the pants" dynos tell you. I experienced more drone with an expensive Borla than with a quality mid delete. In fact the delete had zero drone. I'm surprised by your sound assessment as I've experienced and heard the exact opposite. Everybody I know that does it loves it. The power aspect is a bit comical. 10 hp gain in a sample of one car with dyno variances and conditions..... I mean you see 10hp swings or more between runs on the same car across multiple runs. But like a wise person told me once....never ask the Pimp if the P***y is good. At least its not like other catbacks claiming 30 plus WHP gains.

Jabs and sarcasm aside I sincerely appreciate your reply and time. The system does look really great and the fact it fits all the big mods is really the best selling point in my opinion....which is worth the cost of this post. I'm gonna drop the 100 bucks and delete the mufflers. If I hate it I'll probably order one of these. Nobody doubts your Hemi prowess and experience so seriously thanks for the reply and taking the time to develop another great option for these monsters.

Lastly, where do the oem active exhaust actuators hook up? Still can't figure that part out. Test car had LMI? Yes? No?

EDIT: I'm guessing those customers were also catless. I cannot speak to midmuffler delete with out cats or how that would sound.

Last edited:
OP
HighHorseman

HighHorseman

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
TopCat
Thread Starter #33
For you guys that may have a 5.7L as well

AWE Tuning - The Best Sounding Exhausts on the Planet™ for the '15+ 5.7L Dodge Challenger and '17+ 5.7L Dodge Charger, dropping 5/7.

Can't wait? You can be the first in line for when these kits start shipping. Pre-orders start TODAY:

www.AWEatHHP.com
www.AWEatHHP.com
www.AWEatHHP.com

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Post up the patent number, or the patent holder / organizations name. I like to read those things.

OP
HighHorseman

HighHorseman

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
TopCat
Thread Starter #35
Here's our first sneak peek at a Trackhawk sound clip!

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
1596584491908.png

Last edited:
OP
HighHorseman

HighHorseman

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
TopCat
Thread Starter #37
Decades of precision engineering for the finest platforms in the world has led us to this: an American-manufactured exhaust lineup for the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT and Trackhawk. Perfect fitment, optimum power, patented drone-canceling 180 Technology®, five-inch double-walled tips and a signature soundtrack that only AWE can deliver.

The Best Sounding Exhausts on the Planet™ for the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT and Trackhawk, coming soon. Now available for pre-order! Find out more at www.AWEatHHP.com

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Does sound good. Wonder what it would sound like on a car pushing over 1100rwhp with a nasty cam shaft? 🤔
Post up a video of that.

OP
HighHorseman

HighHorseman

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
TopCat
Thread Starter #39
Does sound good. Wonder what it would sound like on a car pushing over 1100rwhp with a nasty cam shaft? 🤔
Post up a video of that.
Cam grinds for boost are inherently less choppy than a nice rowdy cam for an N/A application. That being said, there are plenty of cars in the 1000+ range running the track kits.

OP
HighHorseman

HighHorseman

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
DE
Country
United States