Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

AUGUST 2022 HFCOTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
This town needs an enema! Errr, or a Destroyer Grey hellcat won recently...

2002 Dodge Viper GTS - Graphite Metallic with Silver Stripes 1 of 61 - 8.0/488 - Mods: intake, radiator, cats/CB exhaust, STS shifter, aluminum flywheel, tune, Gen 4 ACR front calipers/rotors, Gen 5 ACR brake coolers, lightweight aluminum wheels with Toyo R888rs and other small crap.
Road Course Race Tracks: VIR, Lime Rock, New Jersey Motorsports, NOLA and some AutoX

A756B75D-FD38-4B46-B6DC-9882C6789722.jpeg 4BD2634B-F764-48B2-9A7B-070952BBEDF7.jpeg

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

2002 Dodge Viper GTS - Graphite Metallic with Silver Stripes 1 of 61 - 8.0/488 - Mods: intake, radiator, cats/CB exhaust, STS shifter, aluminum flywheel, tune, Gen 4 ACRE front calipers/rotors, Gen 5 ACR brake coolers, lightweight aluminum wheels with Toyo R888rs and other small crap.
Road Course Race Tracks: VIR, Lime Rock, New Jersey Motorsports, NOLA and some AutoX

View attachment 77729 View attachment 77745
Awesome color combo

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6

2002 Dodge Viper GTS - Graphite Metallic with Silver Stripes 1 of 61 - 8.0/488 - Mods: intake, radiator, cats/CB exhaust, STS shifter, aluminum flywheel, tune, Gen 4 ACRE front calipers/rotors, Gen 5 ACR brake coolers, lightweight aluminum wheels with Toyo R888rs and other small crap.

View attachment 77729 View attachment 77745
Freakin beautiful!

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Finally a real 2 door worthy of winning.

Beautiful spec!

Any plan for forced induction? @thetalonguy

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Finally a real 2 door worthy of winning.

Beautiful spec!

Any plan for forced induction? @thetalonguy
Thanks,
I did when I first got it, but since walked back. These engines are dependable as hell and didn’t want to mess with that. Also, I’m more of a road course driver, so didn’t need the extra added heat on a long session (these engines already run pretty hot). I got the Hellcat to fill my void of boost; which I always had a turbocharged car up until I sold one to make room for the cat.

It’s pretty damn fast the way it is with over 500ft/lbs to the wheels on 3,300-3,400 lb car.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
It's an awesome machine. I rode in my friends on time and swear it's like a go cart on seroids.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thanks,
I did when I first got it, but since walked back. These engines are dependable as hell and didn’t want to mess with that. Also, I’m more of a road course driver, so didn’t need the extra added heat on a long session (these engines already run pretty hot). I got the Hellcat to fill my void of boost; which I always had a turbocharged car up until I sold one to make room for the cat.

It’s pretty damn fast the way it is with over 500ft/lbs to the wheels on 3,300-3,400 lb car.
Understandable, definitely want the better cooling over the horsepower gain if you are tracking it.

The viper is an amazing track platform, have you thought about adding canards or the acr wing?

I drove the latest gen acr a few years ago and it was downright frightening when pushed to the limits of the driver. Definitely would love to hear your thoughts on the differences in the generations of the viper, the gen 1's used to be a death trap on the street lol.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Understandable, definitely want the better cooling over the horsepower gain if you are tracking it.

The viper is an amazing track platform, have you thought about adding canards or the acr wing?

I drove the latest gen acr a few years ago and it was downright frightening when pushed to the limits of the driver. Definitely would love to hear your thoughts on the differences in the generations of the viper, the gen 1's used to be a death trap on the street lol.
Yea, I had thought about it when I was more of a track junkie a few years back. But my style changed a bit and didn’t want to start drilling holes into the body. Not that I care about resell value so much, but these cars really shot up in value and are hard to come by. Anyway, I’m not a 10/10ths guy on the track. I generally need to drive it there and back. I’m competitive enough to be happy with my times against myself, but no where near for those guys that push it to the limit and spare no expense.

I was in a position to buy a Gen5 a few years back, but I would’ve had to sell mine to make it work. That was a no go for me…even though I certainly would’ve been on top financially now…but the Gen2 GTS was my dream car as a teenager. It’s raw and frightening (in a good way to those with experience) and similar to the no holds barred Cobra from its origins. My wife would say different…but she’s not a driver.

The later Gens definitely improved upon all aspects, better power, better handling and better interiors. The ride is definitely much stiffer than mine. I was never a fan of the Gen 3/4’s because of the straight line design queues. I prefer rounded, big butts like the Shelby Daytona coupe elements that were brought into the Gen2 coupe.

As far as the Gen5 ACRE on the track…I’ve never experienced anything like that in a car on a course before. I had a few ride-alongs with pro/semi-pros and the lateral grip is mind boggling…I’ve said after each one, that I could never likely calibrate my brain to understand I could brake that late and take a turn that fast. And while they do have some limited nannies; it’d be nothing like the electronic intervention from cars of a similar class. It all works because of its perfect analog nature. Plus the interior of Gen5’s are phenomenal…you’re really getting a supercar interior for the price range…or well beyond what they were previously.

OP
Hunter

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #10
Come on folks, you can't win if you don't play.

OP
Hunter

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #11
Final day to enter for the month of August.

Status
Not open for further replies.