Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Audio upgrade questions

OP
Av8ing1

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #41
Longer term update:

I have been very happy with this install. I've got probably 10 hours or so in the car with this JL sub and have had no issues. No cooling problems so far with two hour stretches of moderate bass play. I've dialed my input sensitivity down to about 50% for nice bass but not overpowering amounts. I can now enjoy listening to music! Sounds like it should and much more like I would have expected from a nearly $2k upgraded audio option. Plenty of bass gets through to my ears so I don't plan on cutting holes in the tire well cover or removing the unused factory woofer in the center of the parcel shelf. Bass is just how I like it, clean and tight with no distortion. No rattles from the car and not overpowering. If you want more bass, it can do a lot more, its just a quick adjustment to the input sensitivity. I'm also happy that the head unit equalizer bass slider does have a decent effect on the subs output. So you can get a bit more or a bit less bass easily while driving.

trancein

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Plainfield
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 ScatPack WideBody (PCP)
Ill be adding an amp & sub soon, good to know to use the rear driver side speaker

Member ID
Reactions
City
Honolulu
State
HI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Charger HCWB
Longer term update:

I have been very happy with this install. I've got probably 10 hours or so in the car with this JL sub and have had no issues. No cooling problems so far with two hour stretches of moderate bass play. I've dialed my input sensitivity down to about 50% for nice bass but not overpowering amounts. I can now enjoy listening to music! Sounds like it should and much more like I would have expected from a nearly $2k upgraded audio option. Plenty of bass gets through to my ears so I don't plan on cutting holes in the tire well cover or removing the unused factory woofer in the center of the parcel shelf. Bass is just how I like it, clean and tight with no distortion. No rattles from the car and not overpowering. If you want more bass, it can do a lot more, its just a quick adjustment to the input sensitivity. I'm also happy that the head unit equalizer bass slider does have a decent effect on the subs output. So you can get a bit more or a bit less bass easily while driving.
Your install looks very clean and I would be interested in copying it. Quick question. Is your amp under the speaker box? If so would it be possible to get a pic of the inside of our foam tire well without speaker box? Any help would greatly be appreciated!

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The acs110lg-tw1 is self powered. Amp is built into the box itself.

You run a signal, power, ground and you're done.

trancein

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Plainfield
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 ScatPack WideBody (PCP)
Ill be adding an amp & sub soon, good to know to use the rear driver side speaker
20200621_182903.jpg

OP
Av8ing1

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #46
Your install looks very clean and I would be interested in copying it. Quick question. Is your amp under the speaker box? If so would it be possible to get a pic of the inside of our foam tire well without speaker box? Any help would greatly be appreciated!
Thank you! As fubar569 stated, it is a self powered sub as in the amp is integral to the box. Primary advantage of this option is simplicity. Normally self-powered options are not known to be particularly high quality. A complicated, expensive and more professional install would definitely include sperate amps. As I was only looking for improved bass and clean simplicity, this option worked out well. I like JL stuff and this self-powered little sub seems like a legit bit of kit. It sounds great and I don't feel like much was compromised. It fits well with no loss of trunk space! Wiring is very simple, power, ground, and high level input harness. Sorry I don't have a picture of the foam well without the self-powered amp in it.