Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

America's Inventory Of Jeep Renegades Down To Just 542 Days

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Waterfall is actually the tears of every real Jeep guy that sees the Jeep name on this little lunchbox.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Was forced to drive one of these as a loaner for a week a few years ago. I say forced as the only option would have been to walk, which I seriously considered after the 1st few days. They are the worst, little shitbox, pile of donkey crap cars I ever drove. Everything reeks of cheap/lowest bidder, knobs & switches feel like they will break off in your hands. The seating is uncomfortable as hell & whomever designed the driver seating position needs to be sentenced to driving one for the rest of his/her life. The my riding mower has a better engine, exhaust note is awful and the ride is like a pogo stick.

If they gave me one for free, I'd find someone I hated and sign it over to them !!

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #4
Was forced to drive one of these as a loaner for a week a few years ago. I say forced as the only option would have been to walk, which I seriously considered after the 1st few days. They are the worst, little shitbox, pile of donkey crap cars I ever drove. Everything reeks of cheap/lowest bidder, knobs & switches feel like they will break off in your hands. The seating is uncomfortable as hell & whomever designed the driver seating position needs to be sentenced to driving one for the rest of his/her life. The my riding mower has a better engine, exhaust note is awful and the ride is like a pogo stick.

If they gave me one for free, I'd find someone I hated and sign it over to them !!
This is why there's 500+ days of inventory on the ground.

Isn't this built on the Fiat 500 platform?

TorRedHellgato

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New York
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat
I had one for 3 years as my daily. Only gave me one problem, a real stupid one to boot.

The Air Temp sensor for the exterior is located in the drivers side mirror. If that goes out, your air conditioner does not work. lol

I liked it. Then COVID hit and I got a stupid deal on my WK2 Grand Cherokee, so I bought that and got rid of the little Renegade.

Perfect for NYC. Fit in stupid small spots lol

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
This is why there's 500+ days of inventory on the ground.

Isn't this built on the Fiat 500 platform?
Yeah, it's based on the 500X. A glaring proof-of-concept that rebadging Euro crap doesn't cut it with US buyers, yet they forged ahead with their Alpha based crap. Lesson NOT learned :rolleyes:

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
from that article...lol....

Car Sales Are Up Almost Everywhere
Fleet sales are back. Inventory is (slowly) coming back. Interest rates are up, but people clearly want to get back into the market and seem to be able to stomach them. What does this mean? Carmakers are starting to report big sales.

The year-over-year monthly sales, in particular, are absurd:
Acura: +83.3%​
Honda: +54.0%​
Genesis: +33.2%​
Mazda: +96.9%​
Those are some random brands, but it shows that things are improving when Mazda is up big. On a quarterly basis, even brands like Infiniti are seeing increases (56.5% quarter-over-quarter).

The only brands that aren’t selling that have reported quarterly sales are ones like Jeep (-2.9%), Alfa (-25.0%), and Fiat (-42.2%). In a way, it’s kind of amazing people are buying Fiats at all.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #8
from that article...lol....

Car Sales Are Up Almost Everywhere
Fleet sales are back. Inventory is (slowly) coming back. Interest rates are up, but people clearly want to get back into the market and seem to be able to stomach them. What does this mean? Carmakers are starting to report big sales.

The year-over-year monthly sales, in particular, are absurd:
Acura: +83.3%​
Honda: +54.0%​
Genesis: +33.2%​
Mazda: +96.9%​
Those are some random brands, but it shows that things are improving when Mazda is up big. On a quarterly basis, even brands like Infiniti are seeing increases (56.5% quarter-over-quarter).

The only brands that aren’t selling that have reported quarterly sales are ones like Jeep (-2.9%), Alfa (-25.0%), and Fiat (-42.2%). In a way, it’s kind of amazing people are buying Fiats at all.
You're the 1st person to read this.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country