Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

All you EV fans - Colorado now offering a combination of 26500 towards EVs.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #21
Poor is a relative term... I life above my means by judicious planning. I know I am not "poor" in the general meaning of the word by any means, but neither am I rich, by the common standard.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Poor is a relative term... I life above my means by judicious planning. I know I am not "poor" in the general meaning of the word by any means, but neither am I rich, by the common standard.
("poor in the general meaning was my reference)...never met a "poor" plumber....BTW...just what is the common standard for bein rich...:unsure::unsure::unsure:

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #23
Not having to work is a pretty good one ... (and no, not welfare queens or dudes living in a dumpster lol)

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
("poor in the general meaning was my reference)...never met a "poor" plumber....BTW...just what is the common standard for bein rich...:unsure::unsure::unsure:

1%

And understand that the curve looks very much like a hockey stick.

I bet many of the people here are in the 8th-4th percentile of income. (You'd be surprised)

But it becomes literally exponentially harder to get to that next percentile, and by the time you're looking at the jump from the 2nd percentile to the "1-percenters", you're looking at gigantic increases in wealth.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Not having to work is a pretty good one ... (and no, not welfare queens or dudes living in a dumpster lol)
@70....I don't have to work...but I do...I was always of the belief that I didn't live to work...I worked to live..I live a very good..(and comfortable life)...and I find work more rewarding than just the financial aspect...the fact that I'm in good health probably has much to do with it...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
1%

And understand that the curve looks very much like a hockey stick.

I bet many of the people here are in the 8th-4th percentile of income. (You'd be surprised)

But it becomes literally exponentially harder to get to that next percentile, and by the time you're looking at the jump from the 2nd percentile to the "1-percenters", you're looking at gigantic increases in wealth.
The first mill....is the hardest...(not assets...but cash on hand)...I would guess more than just a few on here are millionaires on paper...it's not quite the benchmark of affluence it was say 35/40 years ago...now as far as the 1%ers...we have none on here...

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Ah Dang!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
The first mill....is the hardest...(not assets...but cash on hand)....
It sure is. I'm now working on my second million...since I couldn't make the first one happen.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The first mill....is the hardest...(not assets...but cash on hand)...I would guess more than just a few on here are millionaires on paper...it's not quite the benchmark of affluence it was say 35/40 years ago...now as far as the 1%ers...we have none on here...

Me, paper, yes (barely), cash, not close

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Me, paper, yes (barely), cash, not close
I was able to achieve 100% equity in all of my real estate holdings some 12 years ago..(rental as well my primary residence )...add the explosion of real estate values..(and the ability to raise rents accordingly)....the past twelve years have been my most profitable...and barring any unforeseen economic upheaval...I expect that trend to continue....but...nothing is certain these days...