Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Air Intake

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Solid VOTECD, I look forward to your data.

I am a new HC owner just bought my Charger on Tuesday 2 June. Indigo Blue and love it. I called BWOODY, AFE, and Legmaker. Nobody has anything in stock and was told. 4-5 week wait.
Legmaker... totally worth the wait.

Bob

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Let me say that again K & N. Ell Bob O la. Take that cat plate off there and let that baby breath. Just keep the plate with ya in case of a down pour. When washing, how ever, just throw a towl over it and blow it off. Or get the Indian lady to do that. Been running K & N for years. I had a problem, called em. They said email a picture and they sent me a new one. Not a whole lot of science put into these critters. No moving parts just a sensor.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Wow! It took 42 posts to finally hear/read K&N. Am I that old and out of touch that they barely get a blip, or are they not #Mopar friendly?
Back in the day, it was Hooker Headers and K&N Air Filters.
For me, Kooks is where it is for headers. Just my opinion.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
If you're talking drop in, replacement filter, the Green Filter is very nice. Ran one for a year, before I bought my Legmaker.

No complaints.

Bob

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
See a lot of dyno's showing a pick up in HP but some say there isn't anything there. I should have a JLT soon and will test it at the track by running the stock air box and the JLT the same day. I did this with my Daytona and there was 0 gain from the Hellcat air box to the JLT. We will see if the Hellcat is the same. According to dyno number it should be worth a tenth or 2, we will see

I also want to test the stock air filter against the Green filter
There was a change in plan getting a JLT. I may be able to borrow one. I like the stock air box look though but if there is enough power there it would get changed

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Wow! It took 42 posts to finally hear/read K&N. Am I that old and out of touch that they barely get a blip, or are they not #Mopar friendly?
Back in the day, it was Hooker Headers and K&N Air Filters.
at one point K&N was the only player so anyone from the 80's (including me) ran one. I really think the Green filter is leaps and bounds better being woven cotton. You can about see through it so you know it flows well

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Legmaker... totally worth the wait.

Bob
It does look sharp as hell!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
There was a change in plan getting a JLT. I may be able to borrow one. I like the stock air box look though but if there is enough power there it would get changed
Have to back to back it man. the stock set up is pretty efficient (of course if you mod the motor, all that changes)