Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

ADM’s on SRT’s and Hellcats

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
There's probably 10-15K cars here for these. It's the largest car meet-flea market in the southeast.
Wow...nothin that big up here..I dig the car flea markets too...there all but gone too..

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
At the risk of bringing this thread roughly back on topic here's my experience with Dodge dealers lately..

I sold my SS. I seriously looked into a 170 but in the end I have concerns about those cars eating themselves if they're raced much. So, I decided I pick up a Challenger Scat Pack just to enjoy riding around in. I have a certain color/trim level/etc. that I want and have located a few around the country.

This is how it's gone so far:
1 - New car in Texas. Sales guy is nice. We have a good talk. I make an offer(reasonable, cash). He says he'll call me back after speaking to the GM. That was a week ago..
2 - New car in Texas. Get a sales guy with the ability to talk numbers. I like the car and will give asking. All looks good until the $3k dealer installed package shows up right at the end. It's basically tinted windows and some invisible paint protection(read: B.S.). I told him I wouldn't do that, he couldn't not do it so that one was over.
3 - New car in Georgia. Pricing was misleading. It went up $4k as soon as things got serious. Nope.
4 - Used car in Florida. Nice car. '23 w under 1k miles. Ask is too high. I offer $3k less. Says he'll talk to the GM and call me back. No call.
5 - New car in Texas. Goes up $5k because of a "computer setup issue that includes all discounts". Bait and switch on price. F*ck them. That was a short phone call.
6 - Used car in Florida. It's a '19. No pics. Called twice for pics. Got given the runaround and both times they tried to switch me over to talking about their new inventory. I have doubts this car even exists.

So, in short I don't know what DODGE is actually trying to sell but it apparently isn't cars. Worth noting, each time they prodded me for more and more personal information. One even wanted a pic of my drivers license. I'm seriously wondering if Stellantis is quietly in the information gathering/selling business now that they're apparently no longer actively trying to sell Dodges.

It's been a weird week...
I got a phone call today from a D170 that was "sold" 2 months ago.

It was a VM and I haven't bothered calling back. I'm seeing prices on BaT falling in the 150s now which is kind of within where I wanted to be originally last March.

But I am just kind of done right now with this shit. Dealers cant give these cars away and still want to play games. Fuck em.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I got a phone call today from a D170 that was "sold" 2 months ago.

It was a VM and I haven't bothered calling back. I'm seeing prices on BaT falling in the 150s now which is kind of within where I wanted to be originally last March.

But I am just kind of done right now with this shit. Dealers cant give these cars away and still want to play games. Fuck em.
It just seems to be all of them anymore. The car business has turned into complete garbage.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
45 over is about 55 too much.

Even then. After all this. They can eat a fat sack.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
At the risk of bringing this thread roughly back on topic here's my experience with Dodge dealers lately..

I sold my SS. I seriously looked into a 170 but in the end I have concerns about those cars eating themselves if they're raced much. So, I decided I pick up a Challenger Scat Pack just to enjoy riding around in. I have a certain color/trim level/etc. that I want and have located a few around the country.

This is how it's gone so far:
1 - New car in Texas. Sales guy is nice. We have a good talk. I make an offer(reasonable, cash). He says he'll call me back after speaking to the GM. That was a week ago..
2 - New car in Texas. Get a sales guy with the ability to talk numbers. I like the car and will give asking. All looks good until the $3k dealer installed package shows up right at the end. It's basically tinted windows and some invisible paint protection(read: B.S.). I told him I wouldn't do that, he couldn't not do it so that one was over.
3 - New car in Georgia. Pricing was misleading. It went up $4k as soon as things got serious. Nope.
4 - Used car in Florida. Nice car. '23 w under 1k miles. Ask is too high. I offer $3k less. Says he'll talk to the GM and call me back. No call.
5 - New car in Texas. Goes up $5k because of a "computer setup issue that includes all discounts". Bait and switch on price. F*ck them. That was a short phone call.
6 - Used car in Florida. It's a '19. No pics. Called twice for pics. Got given the runaround and both times they tried to switch me over to talking about their new inventory. I have doubts this car even exists.

So, in short I don't know what DODGE is actually trying to sell but it apparently isn't cars. Worth noting, each time they prodded me for more and more personal information. One even wanted a pic of my drivers license. I'm seriously wondering if Stellantis is quietly in the information gathering/selling business now that they're apparently no longer actively trying to sell Dodges.

It's been a weird week...
They are and they will lie to you to get you to finance with Chrysler capital because they get a kick back. Call twice, opt out of everything.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
45 over is about 55 too much.

Even then. After all this. They can eat a fat sack.
They're a model year old now.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
They are and they will lie to you to get you to finance with Chrysler capital because they get a kick back. Call twice, opt out of everything.
They make "backend" money on every finance deal they do.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
They make "backend" money on every finance deal they do.
Yep. They mark it up at least a half a percent sometimes more. Plus any actual specified Kickback in their deal

I used to argue over dumb shit like that but as long as they treat me good enough before during and after the sale anymore I almost don't even argue the half a percent and let them have it.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yep. They mark it up at least a half a percent sometimes more. Plus any actual specified Kickback in their deal

I used to argue over dumb shit like that but as long as they treat me good enough before during and after the sale anymore I almost don't even argue the half a percent and let them have it.
I would go in with a pre-approval, a low interest rate and have them beat it or not. Haven't done that in a while.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
It just seems to be all of them anymore. The car business has turned into complete garbage.
Ever since Dodge started with that now AWOL ambassador type guy thing (can’t remember what they called him, example of the impression it left on me) he and Dodge have been force feeding us EV crap and insulting us at every opportunity telling us we are stupid to continue to drive HC’s, like we’re going to be intimidated into buying an overpriced slot car with fake engine noise. Who is left to buy these? I don’t blame Bull for passing on them.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I can walk...and look @ cars all day long...
They have a week long car show in South Mississippi in October.
Called cruzin the coast.
Crazy amount of cars .
Stretches thru 3 counties.
Jackson, Harrison, and Hancock.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
They have a week long car show in South Mississippi in October.
Called cruzin the coast.
Crazy amount of cars .
Stretches thru 3 counties.
Jackson, Harrison, and Hancock.
Mostly classic cars too. Over 10k entries last year. Lasts for a week. Big tourist thing for our area since we don’t have much else.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Ever since Dodge started with that now AWOL ambassador type guy thing (can’t remember what they called him, example of the impression it left on me) he and Dodge have been force feeding us EV crap and insulting us at every opportunity telling us we are stupid to continue to drive HC’s, like we’re going to be intimidated into buying an overpriced slot car with fake engine noise. Who is left to buy these? I don’t blame Bull for passing on them.
They came right out and said they are targeting millennials

And while Millennials are now hitting 40, they are not buying 100k muscle cars. Hellcats or Banshees.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Mostly classic cars too. Over 10k entries last year. Lasts for a week. Big tourist thing for our area since we don’t have much else.
You have to have like a 90 or older except for Chargers, Challengers, Camaros and Corvettes.

I've been wanting to go.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I would go in with a pre-approval, a low interest rate and have them beat it or not. Haven't done that in a while.
I got 1.9%/48 months on the Genesis :love: Actually went in planning to pay cash as usual, but when they told me I could snag it for 1.9% I 100% financed the deal (something I've never done !!). If they got some sort of kick-back, more power to 'em. Timing was perfect as rates went to 6% 2 days later !

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I got 1.9%/48 months on the Genesis :love: Actually went in planning to pay cash as usual, but when they told me I could snag it for 1.9% I 100% financed the deal (something I've never done !!). If they got some sort of kick-back, more power to 'em. Timing was perfect as rates went to 6% 2 days later !
Can't complain about that. How is it doing?

Last edited:

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
You have to have like a 90 or older except for Chargers, Challengers, Camaros and Corvettes.

I've been wanting to go.
If you make it this way for one, hit me and @Hunter up. We'll show you some of that great southern hospitality.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
If you make it this way for one, hit me and @Hunter up. We'll show you some of that great southern hospitality.
You're on!

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Absolutely!