Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

ACTIVE INTERCHILLER

Trader history for TrekGTO (0)

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Nice. Wonder why the rest of them from that company don’t work.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Not sure, maybe installation error ?...I did call Dave several times through out the install, I at first, installed the thermo-coupler in the wrong location bc the directions (directions error which I told Dave about, so hope he changes it) said to put it in the coldest line after the chiller so I put in the line coming right out of the chiller, but then realized that, that wouldn't work bc that's what is reading the temp to switch from stock HX & chiller so it needed to be in the main return line going to or coming from the s/c, where it will read temp no matter if I was using the stock HX or chiller either way.
But instead of setting up this system to work automatically between the thermo-coupler & the digital controller to switch bypass valve, between stock HX & chiller, I just installed a manual switch to control the bypass valve.
There is a few different ways you can go with this kit so you have to find what works best for your use & make the necessary install adjustments.
So far I'm happy with the way I did it.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Hickstah Here,
I saw some things I liked and some didn't. What is the silver alumiumn foil lookin stuff?? Good things Armacell and or alflex on cold lines, 3 way control valve, cleaned all heat exchangers. Very good. Flexable conduit on control wiring. Change over control valve ??? Used your 134A ?? If so, extra gas added. System seems working good. Why others failed?? Numerous reasons. You have seemed to use the 90 degree street sweep 90's but the ones going into the cooler, so called are straight 90's. As you can see there is no room for street. Every closed 90's and or extra 45 fittings takes the equilivent of 10 feet of straight feet of piping, thus restrictions. This seems not to have too much affect on your instulation. I have seen other units and they were very flawed, espicially the 3 way control valve. And maybe an air seperator or extractor?? Pressure gauges supply and return thru the air cooler to see if exchanger is getting clauged and or pressure drop. All concerned would make a good system.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Hickstah Here,
I saw some things I liked and some didn't. What is the silver alumiumn foil lookin stuff?? Good things Armacell and or alflex on cold lines, 3 way control valve, cleaned all heat exchangers. Very good. Flexable conduit on control wiring. Change over control valve ??? Used your 134A ?? If so, extra gas added. System seems working good. Why others failed?? Numerous reasons. You have seemed to use the 90 degree street sweep 90's but the ones going into the cooler, so called are straight 90's. As you can see there is no room for street. Every closed 90's and or extra 45 fittings takes the equilivent of 10 feet of straight feet of piping, thus restrictions. This seems not to have too much affect on your instulation. I have seen other units and they were very flawed, espicially the 3 way control valve. And maybe an air seperator or extractor?? Pressure gauges supply and return thru the air cooler to see if exchanger is getting clauged and or pressure drop. All concerned would make a good system.
I used Armaflex insulation tape & Nashua aluminum tape over the insulation tape on all the hard pipe on the s/c lines & on the manifold at the back of s/c. And I used pipe insulation wrapped the lines going in & out of the chiller.

I just used the 90's that came in the kit.

I used 1234yf Freon (factory).

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
You did good and that my have an affect on why your install turned out better than other's installes. The 3 way valve and low voltage wiring came with the package?? Big difference between the cold and hot piping insulation. If you have one,, take a laser thermometer and take readings on both. Thickness makes a difference. Did the package come with, add, or did you install pressure guages and or air eliminator to the system?? I am sure the system seems to be doing what it intendnes to do. I wood have looked at added this one with the guages and seperator and has my stamp of approval as a chiller mechanic and 30 years HVAC, control mechanic. I am sure your happy. When mine is out of warranty , I will use similar system but add VFD applied and continue to condeme these inaffecent underrated contraptions. If you or any one else needs info I will find it. The cleaning of the H/X of the other components makes a huge difference.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
You did good and that my have an affect on why your install turned out better than other's installes. The 3 way valve and low voltage wiring came with the package?? Big difference between the cold and hot piping insulation. If you have one,, take a laser thermometer and take readings on both. Thickness makes a difference. Did the package come with, add, or did you install pressure guages and or air eliminator to the system?? I am sure the system seems to be doing what it intendnes to do. I wood have looked at added this one with the guages and seperator and has my stamp of approval as a chiller mechanic and 30 years HVAC, control mechanic. I am sure your happy. When mine is out of warranty , I will use similar system but add VFD applied and continue to condeme these inaffecent underrated contraptions. If you or any one else needs info I will find it. The cleaning of the H/X of the other components makes a huge difference.
The 3 way valve and low voltage wiring came with the package?? Yes

Did the package come with, add, or did you install pressure guages and or air eliminator to the system?? No, but I did buy a vacuum & refill kit for radiators to refill the I/C system, so no air in the system.

I also put the thermo-coupler in the line after the coolant has gone through the s/c & pump (post s/c & pump), b4 it goes to either stock HX or chiller, so on the digital controller I can see that temp, & on the cars performance pages, I can see the I/C (pre s/c) temp & see the Delta, witch is 3* > 5* , I think is pretty good.

Last edited:
OP
TrekGTO
Member ID
Reactions
City
ST PETERSBURG
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
05 Maggie GTO
Thread Starter #67
Installer did not follow instructions.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Well, hell,,, some one knew what they were doing. Even manual switch over caan be used as a toggle switch. Man u as it gets. Glad some one is seeling a good product that works like it supposed to.

OP
TrekGTO
Member ID
Reactions
City
ST PETERSBURG
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
05 Maggie GTO
Thread Starter #69
Active Interchiller proud sponsor for the 5th year Cadillac Attack.
@cadillacattack2021

20201223_193207.jpg

Last edited:
OP
TrekGTO
Member ID
Reactions
City
ST PETERSBURG
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
05 Maggie GTO
Thread Starter #70
Orlando Speed World Dragway 1/28-1/30. 1 $500 gift certificate Collage 2020-12-24 11_11_18.jpg

Attachments

OP
TrekGTO
Member ID
Reactions
City
ST PETERSBURG
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
05 Maggie GTO
Thread Starter #71

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I will be inquired later today after waking the beach people up after 5:20 am. With my H/C. Have benn a chiller mechanic for 30 years. Like to converse. Merry X Mas.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I have talked to over the phone twice and you have told me that you do not have a shop per say but more less area whole seller. Nothing is wrong with that as long as the product is correct and the warranty comes with it. I live 20 minutes from your phone# and have spoken to you twice. No problem, except you want show me your product. So, there is a situation, you don't have the product, 2nd hand product producer. That is fine as long as there is a warranty that comes with it. I have looked over all the products and parts that come with it except a few I would have added. But, being the field, tha'ts my choice and sumother also's. Now like the pressure guages, intakes, VFD's,,, that is a totally different story. You are discussing a nother science. I would be able to discuss this in another cup of coffee with my buddy from Red Eye whom lives 15 minutes away. We could learn alot from each other and no el problem from that. Luv to learn. Lots y # and El Ri Co Smart Man.

OP
TrekGTO
Member ID
Reactions
City
ST PETERSBURG
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
05 Maggie GTO
Thread Starter #74
The only true plug n play, only nothing cut, only automatic HX bypass, only complete with wiring, only one with a true money-back guarantee, If you're not happy get a refund and keep the kit. No Ice Guarantee

We have a $1000 reward offered to any Chiller manufacture that is colder at 1/4 - 1 mile finish line with any size ice tank up to 8gal and stock HX no ice. No takers so far. 2021 no ice reward!
We are looking for Mustang, Mercedes to prototype Bumper reservoir and Chiller kits 100% bolt-on If you're not happy get a refund and keep the kit

Member ID
Reactions
City
Corona
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2006 Charger SRT8
I assume this will not work with procharger?

OP
TrekGTO
Member ID
Reactions
City
ST PETERSBURG
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
05 Maggie GTO
Thread Starter #76
I assume this will not work with procharger?
Sure works great with Procharger and W2A Intercooler. Really the only way to cool them, most intake underhood air otherwise

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Damnthing will work with anything. Very adabatle.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I would like to inquire about one of these kits @TrekGTO what is the lead time for a 13" Competition Version for a 2015 Hellcat Challenger?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Lead time should not be a problem at this time of year. But I am not the one building what you are purchasing. I am sure this person can accoma date cha. If snot lets me know and I will build you what ever you needs to be, Mr GTO should get back yo ya quickly. Time for a no ta shine time and bed. Dream about street settings. Right.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I would like to inquire about one of these kits @TrekGTO what is the lead time for a 13" Competition Version for a 2015 Hellcat Challenger?
I think the 13" is the small one ?...go with the larger 19".
Email him or call, he doesn't come here too often.
Interchiller@tampabay.rr.com

Last edited: