Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

About the Stock Tune 9.504

BeeHappy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Guyton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
I am really beginning to question the overall effectiveness of the US education system, specifically reading and comprehension.

All I've said is if Demons are the epitome of the production capable drag car: why haven't we seen them on Drag Week? All 3300 of you cannot all be unable to plan a week away from home. Because outside of controlled conditions Demons don't live up to the hype. Either that is the car's fault or the driver's. At best an absolutely pure factory stock Demon could muster is very high-9s to low-10s average over the course of Drag Week in the mid-West heat. Which is still pretty respectable. Regardless that, that ET average, would open the cars up to a lot of criticism on the world stage because of the 9.65 second yard stick; and I don't think the owners' egos could take it.

But, keep hiding these cars away at private track days.
says the keyboard warrior who doesnt have a Demon.

2000 DA 457 ran 9.8s at weight cool breeze... We run our cars in 808 mode so we can ACTUALLY not get kicked out
SMF.. you are literally ignorant.

talk about manual hellcats thats what you have.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
says the keyboard warrior who doesnt have a Demon.

2000 DA 457 ran 9.8s at weight cool breeze... We run our cars in 808 mode so we can ACTUALLY not get kicked out
SMF.. you are literally ignorant.

talk about manual hellcats thats what you have.
Oooh look at the elitism! You sound like my six year old's friends... pathetic.

I didn't vote for you.

BeeHappy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Guyton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Oooh look at the elitism! You sound like my six year old's friends... pathetic.

I didn't vote for you.
only the real child chases those he is jealous of and says cheater cheater.

you live your life on these pages as if your point of view is the only truth.... you ARE ignorant of what is real with our platform.
What you see from time to time is your LIMITED exposure to the car.
So continue to talk out your ass about people and their cars.
It looks like your education system is lacking, its not elitism, its calling your bullshit ass out for just plain not knowing what you are talking about.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
only the real child chases those he is jealous of and says cheater cheater.

you live your life on these pages as if your point of view is the only truth.... you ARE ignorant of what is real with our platform.
What you see from time to time is your LIMITED exposure to the car.
So continue to talk out your ass about people and their cars.
It looks like your education system is lacking, its not elitism, its calling your bullshit ass out for just plain not knowing what you are talking about.
That sound? Oh it is just a combination of Demon owner ego-protecting deflection and flatulent back peddling. Don't worry kids it will go away along with the relevance of their meaningless record.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
That sound? Oh it is just a combination of Demon owner ego-protecting deflection and flatulent back peddling. Don't worry kids it will go away along with the relevance of their meaningless record.
Brother,

You continue to amaze me, I am not cool with the LOD but not for the crap that you say. Maybe we should go back to the basics. Do you race? Do you have any time slips that say something? I am honestly asking, what are you doing, other than running your mouth?

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Demons create emotions.

Even the Demon decal on my truck window does that.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Temp Lockdown....
Maybe.
Come-on all.
Play nice.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread open.
Opinions are ok, insults and attacks are not.
Keep it civil.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread open.
Opinions are ok, insults and attacks are not.
Keep it civil.
LOL.
reminds me of Roadhouse: "Opinions vary"

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Allow me to introduce myself. I didn't know about this forum (my apologies) I am a sporadic member of the other forum but haven't really followed since all the changes. My forum name is STX Demon, My full name is Nephtali Garibay, I go by Tali. My plates read QTRPNDR lol. I barely realized the thread going on about my run. Thank you members for the kind words and opinions. All are valued.

When I purchased my Demon I immediately knew what I wanted to do with the car. Maximinize what the factory had given me and exploit the age old drag racer's balance of power to weight ratio. Though Dodge did what it could to "lighten" it up I knew there was plenty to be had. I after all own a body shop and am very familiar with the deepest corners of these cars. I decided to hold off from my goal since I was one of the first to receive a Demon (Dec. 17, 2017) and of the few who were actually racing them. I decided to be part of the stock record experiment. I actively participated and though I couldnt fully overcome the engineered advantages of the one seat cars I gladly went toe to toe with them. In the inaugural Legion of Demons Event I managed a 9.74 @ 138.86. Second quickest overall. Not bad and I was always happy for the winners and everyone who participated.

2019 was a very busy and stressful year for me professionally and my car just sat and never really got the track until the Houston event in Oct for the LSMF event. 96 degree heat, +1800 DA, probably weighed about 4270 with me in it (I really don't remember) it was all last minute and I got a best of 10.10 If I remember correctly. Last part of the year my busy schedule continued and the car just sat. I begin getting notifications for the next LOD event and I really wasn't feeling it and was fine sitting it out. I even lied to BeeHappy (sorry) when he called me to make sure I was going. It took a few other calls from other fellow racers to finally convince me to go and upon the suggestion of others I renewed my quest to go bare bones and find out what the Demon on stock tune could do. Feeling real confident with my setup I realized I hadn't done as much as I thought car weighed 4195lbs. LOL. Yeah some were more obvious and others go to lengths of hiding it better but I know what I see when I see it. I decided I had to go for the jugular to be in the same ball park. After all that's the racer in all or most of us. Well I didn't just own a shop from birth I built it up with my own bare hands and went to work when we were blessed with a rain day and I took advantage of the idle time to further refine my setup. The extra time also gave me the time needed to learn more about the blending of the fuels that was being experimented by others for some time but was completely new to me. I had some of the ingredients just was clueless to the ratios and I struggled with that ALL weekend. Some members were very helpful on the topic but understandably so they kept some data to themselves. Hey I get it. Some pretended not to know what I was talking about when it was apparent they did. To each his own. I get it too.

How did I do it.
The car was setup with the now tried and true Billet Specialties 17 inch Drag Pack setup fitted with M/T tires. Stock 840 PCM, and I decided to try out the AFE carbon fiber CAI even though I didn't really anticipate any possible improvements from the OE design. but I figured what the heck. I took the OE CAI along as well. My initial weight was 4195lbs with me in it and I did manage to get a 9.64 @ 137.30 as I stated I was fumbling through the fuel mixes and it reflected in my MPH almost all weekend. I knew I was on the right track for my goal. By Sunday I had realized I was the only one of the quicker cars still running a sway bar so I removed that and a few interior panels. That got me into the middle high 9.5x's Then I went ape shit and removed all carpet and rear panels which ultimately netted me the 9.504 @ 141.39. After I had hit the 9.504 the DA was fading fast so I decided to reinstall the factory CAI and continued to mix fuel eventually fading back to pure Sunoco GT. In those runs my car was running between 9.7's- low 9.6's and still managed a 9.57 & 9.58. My biggest limiting factor at that point was really not knowing what I was doing with the fuels and it running lean on some of those runs. As some have stated before I've never been shy about what I was doing and have never claimed the Factory Stock Record since I started pulling stuff off. I have always been vocal about my goal since I bought the car was to remove as much as i could without tuning or really adding performance parts. (The CAI is still questionable about it's actual gain) What my car actually weighed on the record run I have chosen to keep to myself. Can I get it to run into the 40's hell yeah. I chose to do this because I figure 840 hp is plenty, what can I do with it?, secondly it comes easy to me given my expertise. I understand some don't agree and some love what I did. To each his own. I respect what everyone does with THEIR OWN CAR. Last I saw it was my name on the title and my signature on the check :)

Ron Silva: We began talking early on in the other forum and met in NOLA. I had a great time racing with you there and in the inaugural LOD event and LSMF. I've always been happy for you every time you've taken the wins even the rounds or basic match ups. You've been an inspiration to many and I applaud your efforts and continue to do so. Since we first met I voiced my intentions and my reluctance to wait to go full lightweight. I've always been very straight forward with you and even communicated to you personally when I disagree with you or do not like something you did. Your comments on this forum and others are part of the reason I decided to register and make this post. I rather talk to you personally but since you've chosen the sites that you know I typically don't exist in to vent your disagreement with my actions and furthermore use your position of presence to misrepresent what I and others are doing, I too will use this stage to share my thoughts. Ron you've always had your unique pattern of parking far away from most others at events, for reasons only you know. You've always been the biggest voice about racing these cars within factory stock setup and as delivered to obviously maintain your weight advantage. Yet does Factory Stock mean an array of lightweight wheel/ tire diameter combo's, creating devices to trick information sensors to aid in PCM's timing/fuel control (as you've described to me), removal of front sway bar, titanium lug nuts, 9lb battery. Again it's YOUR CAR. I'm happy for you, but don't try to misrepresent me and others. When we went after the low e.t.'s we weren't chasing the factory stock record. That had already been done! Do not be upset cause your car gave you grief that weekend. That is not my fault. Sorry Ron but you could've just talked to me. I'll always greet you with a smile and a handshake. I'm cool so long as we're being honest.

In case somebody wants to see the timeslip here it is. See how this year lays out for me but I will definitely be shooting for a 9.4x's as soon as I have the opportunity but good DA is hard to come by in SouthTexas. Sorry for the long post. I promise I don't normally do this. Look forward to sharing with everyone here.

View attachment 11494
Just wanted to say thanks again for giving all Demon owners some hope that they can be mature and honest. A lot of them could learn from you, I speak for many that appreciate you keeping it real.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
These Demon owners are out there busting their ass to try to get their Demons quicker. It is not easy, hard work, lots of driving, disappointments along way and when all the hard work pays off, records and personal best are achieved. This holds true for all racers.

Congratulations and way to go LOD, the results are impressive, really impressive.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Brother,

You continue to amaze me, I am not cool with the LOD but not for the crap that you say. Maybe we should go back to the basics. Do you race? Do you have any time slips that say something? I am honestly asking, what are you doing, other than running your mouth?
Cole, I am not going to sit here and waste any amount of my precious time justifying or substantiating myself to the likes of you or anyone else who finds my opinions inconvenient - that isn't the intent of this thread. I will take a moment to highlight how incredibly unfortunate it is that anyone who simply bought a car holds themselves as the sole authority on the matter as a whole and will call into question the credibility of anyone simply because of a game of "have vs. have-nots". That is a most tragic sense of entitlement, and most definitely not how mature discussions work. I will agree that I could have reworked my position and softened it some to gain buy-in, but it is beneath me to stroke the egos of others.

Going back through this thread, and the others like it, I welcome anyone to refute the central points of the arguments raised about the validity and manipulation of the record attempts; and the overall capability of a fully stock as delivered 2018 Dodge Demon with a crate bought and installed. Noting that has been indicated some (or many) liberties have been taken in pursuit of "the record" - which in the minds of those taking them feel the ends justify the means, even if the means remain unstandardized and unregulated.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
In response to the above...

But, how many actually do? Seems the owners' lack the confidence drive them to a venue. For such a capable car it shouldn't need a Top Fuel support rig to go the track and race. How many (2018) Demons have you seen on Drag Week? Pretty sure the count is still zero (maybe this year). Pretty tough to claim the title of world's greatest street car when you've never done the world's most grueling drag race. Nothing but great prep on those tracks too... so that complaint won't stand the litmus test. Maybe it is the fear of devaluing the cars with actual mileage? Heh.
What does that Drag Week t-shirt I got back in 2016 say again? Oh yeah! Run your car, not your mouth.
I think this is where it started...
You're holding the "very few" who race their Demons accountable for the rest that don't... Those that don't - aren't represented here - and are not your audience. So, everyone you're addressing from your soap box is a racer, and is out there way more than the rest of us. You then attack the people - who aren't present - for lacking confidence. Again, wrong audience.
One of the nice things about the Demon is that nobody needs any additional support to race, they bought and registered cars that can be driven to the track, run 9s, and drive home . Nobody else on this forum, other than Demon owners, can say that they've done it before or since. Stock - as delivered - has run better than 9.7 (I believe)... which puts it way in front of anything else available at a dealer. Top Fuel support rig? Maybe you haven't personally witnessed or in pictures, but I bet you a cookie that Ron's record making and breaking rig is one of the most economical on the forum. No offense intended to Ron at all, he has been EXTREMELY OPEN about his situation... He does his on a NO FUEL budget man...

Then you bring up Drag Week... something we're all familiar with, and something very few of us actually want to participate in. You're pretty sure that the count is zero, but I'm pretty sure that it isn't. So let me, directly, refute your claim, that is hasn't happened. You should be familiar with the hood tape and the windshield banner, as well as the dragstrip - since you're the only one of us who has ever done any racing ever. The attached photo looks like a Demon, looks like Drag Week, and looks like a participant. I'm not 100% certain... but I'm pretty close.

Nobody on here is claiming "world's greatest street car" ... it's a Dodge after all. What is being claimed by owners and everyone else not looking to stir a pot... are the following (Including your coveted Hot Rod Magazine) -
  • The world’s fastest production vehicle 0-60mph time.
  • The world’s fastest-ever production car over the quarter mile.
  • The highest production car acceleration G-force.
  • The world’s first production car to fully lift its front wheels while accelerating.
  • Been banned by the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) from any of its member tracks.
So, plenty of the people on this forum that you're constantly nagging at are the racers you want them to be, at the tracks and events you want them to be at, but you just seem to refuse all of the evidence that has been provided... which is why they get short with you. They don't want or need your respect, but the lack of acknowledgement for the things you're actually asking for is tiresome. The LOD was an... I'll say interesting ... concept when it came out, it had plenty of haters with the same mentality as you, but without it, I don't think they'd be as far ahead as they are (actually I know they wouldn't) and it's because they were largely able to focus on progress and not have to constantly defend "failure"...

The thread clearly calls out stock tune... not stock anything else. Nothing else has ever run faster on a stock tune, right? Regardless of the platform - NOTHING HAS EVER BEEN FASTER. So, now introduce a bunch of unrelated and factually incorrect rhetoric, and you get the rest of the thread derailed.

Attachments

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet

You're holding the "very few" who race their Demons accountable for the rest that don't... Those that don't - aren't represented here - and are not your audience. So, everyone you're addressing from your soap box is a racer, and is out there way more than the rest of us. You then attack the people - who aren't present - for lacking confidence. Again, wrong audience.
One of the nice things about the Demon is that nobody needs any additional support to race, they bought and registered cars that can be driven to the track, run 9s, and drive home . Nobody else on this forum, other than Demon owners, can say that they've done it before or since. Stock - as delivered - has run better than 9.7 (I believe)... which puts it way in front of anything else available at a dealer. Top Fuel support rig? Maybe you haven't personally witnessed or in pictures, but I bet you a cookie that Ron's record making and breaking rig is one of the most economical on the forum. No offense intended to Ron at all, he has been EXTREMELY OPEN about his situation... He does his on a NO FUEL budget man...

Then you bring up Drag Week... something we're all familiar with, and something very few of us actually want to participate in. You're pretty sure that the count is zero, but I'm pretty sure that it isn't. So let me, directly, refute your claim, that is hasn't happened. You should be familiar with the hood tape and the windshield banner, as well as the dragstrip - since you're the only one of us who has ever done any racing ever. The attached photo looks like a Demon, looks like Drag Week, and looks like a participant. I'm not 100% certain... but I'm pretty close.

Nobody on here is claiming "world's greatest street car" ... it's a Dodge after all. What is being claimed by owners and everyone else not looking to stir a pot... are the following (Including your coveted Hot Rod Magazine) -
  • The world’s first production car to fully lift its front wheels while accelerating.
  • Been banned by the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) from any of its member tracks.
So, plenty of the people on this forum that you're constantly nagging at are the racers you want them to be, at the tracks and events you want them to be at, but you just seem to refuse all of the evidence that has been provided... which is why they get short with you. They don't want or need your respect, but the lack of acknowledgement for the things you're actually asking for is tiresome. The LOD was an... I'll say interesting ... concept when it came out, it had plenty of haters with the same mentality as you, but without it, I don't think they'd be as far ahead as they are (actually I know they wouldn't) and it's because they were largely able to focus on progress and not have to constantly defend "failure"...

The thread clearly calls out stock tune... not stock anything else. Nothing else has ever run faster on a stock tune, right? Regardless of the platform - NOTHING HAS EVER BEEN FASTER. So, now introduce a bunch of unrelated and factually incorrect rhetoric, and you get the rest of the thread derailed.
A Demon can do pretty much anything a Hellcat can do. Maybe the brakes might not hold up as well in a true road race situation etc. So why someone would think you could not get in the car and drive coast to coast in comfort is stupid. What I think of drag week? If you like waiting in line for an hour to buy gas, well....... (I am assuming)

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 4.27.56 AM.png

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle

You are making it personal again, and you cannot help yourself. But, that's okay carry on.

Thanks for showing me that Demon, nothing came up in my previous search. Kudos to Mr. Hoover for doing it - 3299 cars to go (LOL). I managed to find some more out about it, which reinforces my position on the car's capabilities in the summer heat. Strange that the results weren't discussed more - could have something about being outrun by a Plymouth Horizon?

Untitled.jpg

Source: https://st.hotrod.com/uploads/sites/21/2019/03/HRDW-Results-2018.pdf

I remain impressed by the cars, especially in its purest form (as no option single-seater) - so you'll have to excuse me if I take exception to people bending the truth to get my attention. Remember it was a personal choice for some of us not to buy a Demon, Jack - not another limitation.

Last edited:

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I remain impressed by the cars, especially in its purest form (as no option single-seater) - so you'll have to excuse me if I take exception to people bending the truth to get my attention. Remember it was a personal choice for some of not to buy a Demon, Jack - not another limitation.
I agree 100%, anyone in a Hellcat could have outright purchased or made otherwise insignificant budget accommodations to buy one. Plenty of them sold for $MSRP$ and many of us could have made that happen. I really don't appreciate the responses that imply otherwise from Demon owners, because that is the elitist attitude all people despise, but they are largely few and far between. I am personal friends with several Demon owners, and aware of several others. Not everyone who owns a Demon is a good person, or even a good racer. But that can be said for any group of 3300 people.

And I don't take it personally, I don't have a Demon, and I don't have a dog in the fight. I am very familiar with the dedication and accomplishments of the Demon community both on here and not, so I do my best to make sure that at least some of those 3300 people have a voice here... I imagine they get sick of defending themselves, and I don't necessarily have anything better to do. :geek:

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Cole, I am not going to sit here and waste any amount of my precious time justifying or substantiating myself to the likes of you or anyone else who finds my opinions inconvenient - that isn't the intent of this thread. I will take a moment to highlight how incredibly unfortunate it is that anyone who simply bought a car holds themselves as the sole authority on the matter as a whole and will call into question the credibility of anyone simply because of a game of "have vs. have-nots". That is a most tragic sense of entitlement, and most definitely not how mature discussions work. I will agree that I could have reworked my position and softened it some to gain buy-in, but it is beneath me to stroke the egos of others.

Going back through this thread, and the others like it, I welcome anyone to refute the central points of the arguments raised about the validity and manipulation of the record attempts; and the overall capability of a fully stock as delivered 2018 Dodge Demon with a crate bought and installed. Noting that has been indicated some (or many) liberties have been taken in pursuit of "the record" - which in the minds of those taking them feel the ends justify the means, even if the means remain unstandardized and unregulated.
You never answered my questions, what have you accomplished? You are full of opinions, are you a racer? You spend a lot of time on this Forum, so your comment about precious time, hmmm well, yeah. please enlighten us. Regarding the "likes of you" hmm, sounds like you are a elitist. If you are hiding behind this thread as stating this is wrong venue to vet your credentials, should I start a thread specifically addressed at your credentials?

Regarding the Demon, when you continue to throw shade on the high water mark on factory muscle cars, bringing up stuff that racers take as nonsense. For example, your comment regarding Drag Week is ridiculous. IMO, you appear to be just another hater.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
THIS IS A GREAT TOPIC/THREAD, BUT MEMBERS CONTINUALLY (ONLY) INSULTING EACH OTHER WILL CAUSE A PERMANENT LOCKDOWN. LAST CHANCE FOR THIS THREAD!