Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

4.5L Whipple 'Murder Cat'

OP
MurderCat

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
Thread Starter #221
This sucks to hear. Was hoping you would beat up on some local cars.

Look at the bright side, atleast the used market has never been this high for a Hellcat. Dark side is I guess anything else you’d want as a project is as well.

Take a look at an R8 and get a simple TT setup with @ 1200-1300 wheel. They are super reliable and don’t even need to open the trans - in the 8’s and low 4’s 60-130.

I’d tell you to send Cicio a GTR and go with even his C800 stock engine/trans setup or Prime setup, but that market is bonkers right now.

I haven’t had a single issue since I dumped AMS and their engines, well other than the diff at the end of last season but that happens at 1500.

Can always just get a Tesla and run mid 9’s with a warranty on all seasons lol. Get a system to satisfy the blower whine ;).

Keep your head up dude !!!
Gotta be honest brother might need a long break from builds after this one - fix or sell! For some reason i don't think the market is going to come down on anything either. Just a gut feeling.

droptopp

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
That’s how I was feeling too and how I ended up with the Hellcat and NSX lol.

Hopefully you jump to the front of the line.

Good luck brotha !!!

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
This is both a relief and simultaneously sad.

I am glad OST did right by labor expectations. They do great work.

Also surprised that the chiller has basically ate it after essentially 500 miles. Maybe less.

But. Chiller comparatively should be an easy fix.

You're almost there. As frustrating as it is.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Seems like your close to being done. Finish it.

OP
MurderCat

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #225
Welp according to them completed all work requested, car had no coolant messages on the dyno or in the shop after refill. Did the best they could on the chiller system+A/C leak and may need special equipment for charging they don't have. Can't assist with DTC's since Curt Dusterhoff tuned the car so will have to try to get it worked on again with him.

Now will need to find a place who specializes in chiller systems and pay for a third time to get that system dialed in. Expected to pick the car up completed honestly. That was the main goal, very happy with the work done on the whipple install now but still a bit disappointed. Friday will scan the car and get a log sent over to Curt before the car heads back to paint. :sleep:

OP
MurderCat

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #226

droptopp

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Goodluck

Member ID
Reactions
City
RIVERVIEW
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 redeye
Sorry to hear about your many issues!

Many years ago i paid approx. $60k for a Blueprinted C5r 427 block with built heads / internals and a Stage 3 LPE Twin Turbo for my Z06, they had a design defect that caused one of the oil lines to keep fracturing on the one way check valve going into one of the turbo's, they never fixed the issue and kept replacing the check valve (4 times), the motor eventually spun a bearing due to this issue and they refused to accept responsibility!

Sadly after John Lingenfelter passed away the quality of work went downhill.

Modifying a vehicle always has its up's and down's and sometimes can be a nightmare, hopefully you will have better luck in the future!

Last edited:
OP
MurderCat

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #229
Drove the murdercat to work a few times this week and around town. It's wild....rolling burnouts at 60mph is a new experience. Seems to hook up alright if starting around 80mph on the 20's with MT Street comps. It's faster than every street bike that tried so far :p 4500lbs full weight. Unbelievable. Love the new power but still have my on an AMG GTR. Will enjoy this car until something lines up!

Doing an airstrip no prep event next weekend if weather lines up. Going to need to roll into it and pedal bad with the 20s, still want to see how it does.

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
Glad to hear you can at least enjoy the fruits of all the labor....maybe I'll sell mine and get yours........

OP
MurderCat

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #231
Glad to hear you can at least enjoy the fruits of all the labor....maybe I'll sell mine and get yours........
Trying my best brother! Gotta keep on diggin' the garden of life.

Besides the chiller system being a bit of a pain to dial in car is 100% ready to rock. OST did an amazing job with the whipple install. Replaced every single bolt that was corroded and cleaned the car up extremely well. Even re-did all the welds on the coolant tank so it looks nice under the bumper. - New insulation on all the lines looks sick too. Beats the look of my old Nissan GTRs engine bay 100% and would easily pull a train length on it from the butt dyno.
IMG_4940.JPG
IMG_4942.JPG

Member ID
Reactions
City
RIVERVIEW
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 redeye
Drove the murdercat to work a few times this week and around town. It's wild....rolling burnouts at 60mph is a new experience. Seems to hook up alright if starting around 80mph on the 20's with MT Street comps. It's faster than every street bike that tried so far :p 4500lbs full weight. Unbelievable. Love the new power but still have my on an AMG GTR. Will enjoy this car until something lines up!

Doing an airstrip no prep event next weekend if weather lines up. Going to need to roll into it and pedal bad with the 20s, still want to see how it does.
I'm glad you are having fun with your car!

I may have a street bike that can keep up with you :)

Attachments

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Get on some 17s…

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I'm glad you are having fun with your car!

I may have a street bike that can keep up with you :)
This makes me miss my 460hp turbo busa...

Truth. Hell...if you wanna...I have my 315/50/17's and your matching skinnies i still haven't ran yet :ROFLMAO: