Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

392 Wrangler?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
With the Bronco coming out, I think you’re wrong.
I drove a friend of mines "18" 2 door wrangler....@ 85 I wouldn't call the ride a confidence builder ...now with a 392...the situation gets worse...I stand by my assesment

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
a V8 in a wrangler, I dont know. That body just doesnt seem suited to something that big and heavy, from balance to crash testing.

A bronco with an ecoboost V6 is going to sell. FCA needs to revamp their V6 and maybe jadd some forced induction. The rockers wiping out the cams in just about everything they put that in for the last several years is complete bullshit. will be interesting nonetheless

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
a V8 in a wrangler, I dont know. That body just doesnt seem suited to something that big and heavy, from balance to crash testing.

A bronco with an ecoboost V6 is going to sell. FCA needs to revamp their V6 and maybe jadd some forced induction. The rockers wiping out the cams in just about everything they put that in for the last several years is complete bullshit. will be interesting nonetheless
My thoughts exactly.....not gonna happen

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
I think they'll make it. Heck, they should have been throwing 392's in the Ram 1500's since '11 when the 392 first came out! It could be set up differently to deliver more torque for hauling. I for one would love to see a 392 in a Wrangler!!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I think they'll make it. Heck, they should have been throwing 392's in the Ram 1500's since '11 when the 392 first came out! It could be set up differently to deliver more torque for hauling. I for one would love to see a 392 in a Wrangler!!
can ya see guys now doin 140 in a short wheel base high center of gravity 2dr wrangler...I may be an idiot...but I'm not a fool..dont hold yer breath on this one is all I'm sayin...:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
can ya see guys now doin 140 in a short wheel base high center of gravity 2dr wrangler...I may be an idiot...but I'm not a fool..dont hold yer breath on this one is all I'm sayin...:whistle::whistle::whistle:
Who said it needs to go 140 mph? Simple gearing can limit top speed and deliver more torque for off-road duties too....

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
I still say it happens, at least in the 4 door model.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
So youre saying theres a chance 😎

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Who said it needs to go 140 mph? Simple gearing can limit top speed and deliver more torque for off-road duties too....
Maybe...but that's like putting a bulky sweater on a great pair of t*ts...don't hear many complaints on current wranglers being down on torque...put in the 392...then limit the speed??...cant seem them considering it..:confused:...not to mention the added weight..and fuel inefficiency...why do it?

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Jeep® Introduces New 6.4-liter V-8 Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept

• Jeep® Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept’s V-8 engine amps up Jeep fun-to-drive quotient and Trail Rated 4x4 capability
  • 6.4-liter V-8 engine with 392 cubic inches of displacement results in 450 horsepower,450 lb.-ft. of torque and a 0-60 mph time of less than five seconds
  • The Jeep brand’s exclusive Trail Rated criteria have been enhanced with the Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept
  • Unmatched 4x4 capability courtesy of added torque, Dana 44 axles, full-time two-speed transfer case, electric front- and rear-axle lockers, 37-inch mud-terrain tires and a Jeep Performance Parts two-inch factory lift kit
  • Robust eight-speed transmission, massive low-end torque and 3.73 gear ratio combine to deliver improved on-road performance and greater off-road capability
  • Two-mode exhaust alters performance sound at touch of a button
  • Custom exterior design features half doors, Granite Crystal paint and Bronze-colored accents on tow hooks, springs, shocks, wheels and badging
  • Unique interior features Red Rock-colored leather seats with gold stitching and a performance steering wheel

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Jeep® Introduces New 6.4-liter V-8 Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept

• Jeep® Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept’s V-8 engine amps up Jeep fun-to-drive quotient and Trail Rated 4x4 capability
  • 6.4-liter V-8 engine with 392 cubic inches of displacement results in 450 horsepower,450 lb.-ft. of torque and a 0-60 mph time of less than five seconds
  • The Jeep brand’s exclusive Trail Rated criteria have been enhanced with the Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept
  • Unmatched 4x4 capability courtesy of added torque, Dana 44 axles, full-time two-speed transfer case, electric front- and rear-axle lockers, 37-inch mud-terrain tires and a Jeep Performance Parts two-inch factory lift kit
  • Robust eight-speed transmission, massive low-end torque and 3.73 gear ratio combine to deliver improved on-road performance and greater off-road capability
  • Two-mode exhaust alters performance sound at touch of a button
  • Custom exterior design features half doors, Granite Crystal paint and Bronze-colored accents on tow hooks, springs, shocks, wheels and badging
  • Unique interior features Red Rock-colored leather seats with gold stitching and a performance steering wheel
Pretty cool, but I don't see this as anything more than one of many Easter Jeep Safari concepts they crank out every year. In fact, I'm pretty sure they cancelled that this year so they probably have several of these unannounced Jeep concepts that they will continue to show off to distract from the new Bronco.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Pretty cool, but I don't see this as anything more than one of many Easter Jeep Safari concepts they crank out every year. In fact, I'm pretty sure they cancelled that this year so they probably have several of these unannounced Jeep concepts that they will continue to show off to distract from the new Bronco.
one tidbit in the FCA press release that hints it may go to production is ...

"Jeep enthusiasts have been clamoring for a V-8-powered production Wrangler in recent years and the new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept is an indication they may soon get their wish."

https://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=21850&mid=1

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
one tidbit in the FCA press release that hints it may go to production is ...

"Jeep enthusiasts have been clamoring for a V-8-powered production Wrangler in recent years and the new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept is an indication they may soon get their wish."

https://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=21850&mid=1
Huh. That would be cool. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Rated at 450/450, does anyone know if it's the SRT version de-tuned, or the pickup 6.4 with a few tweaks?

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Take my money! Just tell me where, when, and how much!!

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
I did small block chevy installs in the old Jeeps in High School 72 and 73 you need roll bars to keep yourself alive in the powerful little toys

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Maybe...but that's like putting a bulky sweater on a great pair of t*ts...don't hear many complaints on current wranglers being down on torque...put in the 392...then limit the speed??...cant seem them considering it..:confused:...not to mention the added weight..and fuel inefficiency...why do it?
uh oh.......getting chilly. Bulky sweater time.
https://www.thedrive.com/news/34797/the-v8-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-392-is-coming-to-production-report

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Some are saying 65K, but its pure speculation at this point. I had a strong hunch FCA would do it....especially with Ford bringing back the Bronco.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure it isn't the first time a Jeep has had V8's installed anyway. Back in the 70's to early 80's, I seem to recall AMC installed 304 V8's in the Wranglers.....but power was a lot less of course...

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States