Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

3.5 inch exhaust

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Who is running this in their high power builds? What is the part number to order? I have long tube American racing 2 inch headers.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Not sure what you’re looking for. ARH has a 2x3.5 header. I have those. The X-pipe on that is 3.5 but the mufflers step down to 3.0. I had to build a custom muffler setup to keep the 3.5 all the way back.

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #3
Ahhh. Ok. I probably have the arh 2 by 3 inch. So unless the header was changed I will be with the 3 inch pipe.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Ahhh. Ok. I probably have the arh 2 by 3 inch. So unless the header was changed I will be with the 3 inch pipe.
Yes. They just came out with the 3.5” collector in the last year. I purchased the headers and 3.5 X-pipe and not the 3.0” mufflers that come in the complete system. Then I custom fit the 3.5” straight thru Flowmaster Race mufflers. Alex at BBP said that my motor would benefit from the bigger system. B31C17E0-5DDC-498E-8B40-61AD067541A9.jpeg

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Alex at BBP said that my motor would benefit from the bigger system.
Key point. You are in the minority of people who might need (not want) a 3.5" exhaust system.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Key point. You are in the minority of people who might need (not want) a 3.5" exhaust system.
I agree. That is probably why the ARH 3.5” system reduces to 3” when it gets back to the mufflers. Either that or they’re too cheap to make 3.5” mufflers. 😂 While I’m the one making decisions on what to go with on my build, much of that is based on asking questions of the right people and going with the answers. When the man building my engine (Alex Jones at BBP) says that in my case the bigger exhaust will work.... I take that advice. A too big exhaust on a motor that doesn’t need it will be counterproductive. My advice to anybody making decisions on what to go with concerning mods is to ask a source like BBP that has experience to know what actually works in harmony with what you’ve got and where you’re going to go.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I agree. That is probably why the ARH 3.5” system reduces to 3” when it gets back to the mufflers. Either that or they’re too cheap to make 3.5” mufflers. 😂 While I’m the one making decisions on what to go with on my build, much of that is based on asking questions of the right people and going with the answers. When the man building my engine (Alex Jones at BBP) says that in my case the bigger exhaust will work.... I take that advice. A too big exhaust on a motor that doesn’t need it will be counterproductive. My advice to anybody making decisions on what to go with concerning mods is to ask a source like BBP that has experience to know what actually works in harmony with what you’ve got and where you’re going to go.
Necking down pipes is just fine as the exhaust gases cool significantly as they move downstream and less volume is required (and more velocity) as they cool.

If anyone doubts this go for a drive and then grab your exhaust tip, then go grab just behind your cat, and then go to the hospital.

Best Vapor

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Valrico
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Electric cutouts as close to the header as possible and doesn't matter what size the exhaust is

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I have the ARH 3.5” race exhaust.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Sounds nice also

Best Vapor

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Valrico
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Looks fantastic

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Necking down pipes is just fine as the exhaust gases cool significantly as they move downstream and less volume is required (and more velocity) as they cool.

If anyone doubts this go for a drive and then grab your exhaust tip, then go grab just behind your cat, and then go to the hospital.
I'll wait for your Youtube video demonstration. :)

OP and Marc - have a sound clip of your set up?

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Like what you see? Give HHP Sales a call @1-888-894-1115

https://www.hellcatforum.org/threads/awe-exhaust-only-at-hhp.5385/

This is a New Exhaust HHP has worked together with AWE to bring to Market!

[IMG]https://www.hellcat.org/d2/avatars/m/4/4568.jpg?1537276925[/IMG]

@HighHorseman

We put one on a heavy hitting street car. Still sounds great with headers and catless mids:

Home Of The Worlds Fastest Hellcats
www.HellcatRaceParts.com //
www.HHPRacing.com
by High Horse Performance, Inc.
Remember to use coupon code HCFORUM at checkout!

Rage. Amplified. Presenting The Best Sounding Exhausts on the Planet™ for the ‘15+ Dodge Challenger 392/Hellcat/Hellcat Redeye/Demon , available now via AWEatHPP.com and AWEMopar.com:
  • Proudly designed, engineered, and manufactured at AWE in the USA
  • Engineered with clearances to accommodate larger, aftermarket driveshafts and differentials
  • Challenger 392: Max gains of 15 hp and 12 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels
  • Challenger Hellcat: Max gains of 10 hp and 9 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels
  • Challenger Hellcat Redeye: Max gains of 7 hp and 17 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels
  • Available as sophisticated Touring Edition and unruly Track Edition
  • Touring Edition features patented drone-canceling 180 Technology®, engineered perfectly for the 6.4L NA and 6.2L SC.
  • Precision-engineered H-pipe featured in all versions for a deep, rich tone
  • Handcrafted from full 3” CNC mandrel-bent, U.S.-sourced .065” wall T304L stainless steel
  • Touring Edition available as resonated for drivers equipped with aftermarket headers
  • Less is more: clean, straight-through design maximizes performance
  • Direct bolt-on for factory-like simplicity
  • Engineered with clearances to accommodate larger, aftermarket driveshafts and differentials
  • Tip options include OE, and dual 4.5” slash cut tips in chrome silver or diamond black
  • Perfect fitment guaranteed
  • AWE No CEL guarantee
  • Lifetime warranty (one year on tip finishes)

The Touring Edition is a full 3” straight-through stainless steel catback configuration capable of delivering optimal power while remaining drone-free throughout the entire rev range. Featuring a precision-engineered H-pipe and AWE’s patented drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®, the Touring Edition delivers deep, rich exhaust notes that coax you to redline.

Catering to the feigns of big power, the Touring Edition features engineered provisions to accommodate larger, high performance driveshafts and differentials.

Perfect tone, compliments of AWE 180 Technology®.

As exhaust gases exit the 6.2L and 6.4L engines and flow into an AWE 180 Technology® equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. More on AWE 180 Technology® in the tab above.

Important fitment notes:

The Touring Edition Exhaust is available as non-resonated or resonated. We recommend the non-resonated variant for vehicles equipped with the factory headers. If your Challenger is equipped with aftermarket headers, we recommend going resonated. Have stock headers but planning to go aftermarket later? No worries, you can swap in the resonated mid sections with ease via an AWE Resonator Conversion Kit. Hit us here if you’re in need of this conversion kit.

Track Edition Exhaust

For those who like it raw and rowdy, the Track Edition is for you. The Track Edition shares the same integrated H-pipe and precision engineering as its Touring Edition counterpart, minus AWE’s patented drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®.

In place of the 180 Technology® resonator in the rear lies a Track Edition straight section. As a result, this version is known to get (really) rowdy in mid range acceleration and deceleration, and may be too much for many. Due to this reason, AWE Track Edition Exhausts cannot be returned based on sound preference. You’ve been warned.

Conversion kits:

We made it easy to convert between Track and Touring Editions if you decide at a later date to change your volume.

Tip Options:

The Touring and Track Edition Exhausts are available with quad 4” double-walled slash-cut tips in either diamond black or chrome silver, as well as fitments to retain the OEM tips.

What’s in the box?

Complete Touring or Track Edition Exhaust, four 4” slash-cut tips in desired finish (if applicable), and all necessary hardware for installation.

Data:

Attachments

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Wow. That was a barrage of info. I just took some pics of mine yesterday. ARH 2x3.5 with 3.5 Flowmaster Race muffs 5CEB5794-97EF-4D7A-A3CF-11F284B9E877.jpeg 04E7CB3E-A5E1-4293-845C-80D652235424.jpeg 06932C46-91E3-4631-90C9-59DF52953BA0.jpeg

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
@Marc W
Well exhaust is not my Forte yet!
So I put everything In at once and hopefully will a answer the main questions.

Linda :)

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
@Marc W
Well exhaust is not my Forte yet!
So I put everything In at once and hopefully will a answer the main questions.

That’s great! I was just surprised that somebody took the time and effort to do that. 🤗. A lot of good info for shoppers there.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat

My Charger Hellcat Stock to Track edition!
When I can I drive my Granson to school.
In the morning I remote start my HC and Brandin covers his ears them Boom and Brandon goes off to school with a huge grin on his face.......me too!