Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

3.17" Litens Hellraiser Pulley IN STOCK at HHP!

Trader history for HighHorseman (0)

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Not as high as 5,500 ft above seasoned level. We live 12 feet above water level. Damn close as can be to mullets.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I called them to order one. I really wanted one but only if no tune is needed. I told them I wanted to stay stock no tune. If they don't recommend running the 3.17 without a tune then what am I going to do argue with them. Called OST to see what they would say and they said the same thing they wouldn't advise doing it without tune. Call them for specifics as I don't claim to know the ins and outs of the stock tune or tuning. If I am going to do a tune then I am not wasting my warranty on a 3.17 with a tune. As soon as they said you should tune it to be safe I was out.

Last edited:

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
-1000 DA. So you are only coming while it's warm. LMAO.
Well they way I think of it is if Litens is claiming 45 HP on 93 and 65 HP on MS109 Race Gas for Demon/Redeye Superchargers at sea level which is what 1-2 psi of boost pressure maybe more. So what happens if my car runs at a really low DA because my stock tune will run safely at 8000DA 90 degrees with high humidty and it will run safely in -1500 negative DA. Actually we all know how much better our cars will run. Probably making a extra pound of boost or more then at sea level. So that is like 3 lbs of boost over stock with the 3.17 maybe more on some cars depending on where your located and your conditions. Just wanted to know if it was safe like the stock tune the consensus is no.. you should tune it. Jim your car probably sees higher boost then most of the Hellcats. How high have you seen your boost go on a low DA day? I hope someone buys one and does some testing because I want one as long as it is safe with no tune. James said he will data log my runs for me at Napeirville to see if there is room in the stock tune on my car. I know nothing when it comes to reading that stuff. :confused: James knows that stuff.

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Now thinking in this case scenario, I would be in fine shape. Living in Florida 12 to 20 above ground incidents. Swamp land inland, critters, nice ones and mean ones have an effect on each. Gators, turtles, coyote's, rabbits, squirrels, ospreys, eagles, otters, bayou critters. Living in the trees, water, fish, crabs, nausea, pollen, stuff. All sorts of stuff. Now I am affected to all sorts of stuff.. 3,500 sf to 2,500 sf.,, 4 bed rooms and 3.5 baths to 2 bed rooms 1 bath room. Kinda small garage, but nice. 2 .5 garage with nice storage. 10 foot ceilings with good garage door opener. 60 foot to the pool and mail box area with lots of manicured trees and grass. Many people live in Canada and see them 6 months a year. 4 units to a building 3 are Canadians. No traffic. My other 2 are 2. No people. Lots of no people. Same people strangers. Good to speak to ya..

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Well they way I think of it is if Litens is claiming 45 HP on 93 and 65 HP on MS109 Race Gas for Demon/Redeye Superchargers at sea level which is what 1-2 psi of boost pressure maybe more. So what happens if my car runs at a really low DA because my stock tune will run safely at 8000DA 90 degrees with high humidty and it will run safely in -1500 negative DA. Actually we all know how much better our cars will run. Probably making a extra pound of boost or more then at sea level. So that is like 3 lbs of boost over stock with the 3.17 maybe more on some cars depending on where your located and your conditions. Just wanted to know if it was safe like the stock tune the consensus is no.. you should tune it. Jim your car probably sees higher boost then most of the Hellcats. How high have you seen your boost go on a low DA day? I hope someone buys one and does some testing because I want one as long as it is safe with no tune. James said he will data log my runs for me at Napeirville to see if there is room in the stock tune on my car. I know nothing when it comes to reading that stuff. :confused: James knows that stuff.
I have always been concerned about the low DA with these claims. So good to know what they told you.
I don't usually look at the boost but I have seen 12psi on the guage. The day you came down I saw 11psi in that heat. I have never sean that in the heat before.
As far as reading logs goes. I think I'm worse than you even. I can't even get my logs to read on the computer. I keep getting an error of some sort.🤬🤬🤪🤪

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
-1000 DA. So you are only coming while it's warm. LMAO.
sure hope its not warm next weekend when we come there. had enough heat for this season.[loveboost]

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
sure hope its not warm next weekend when we come there. had enough heat for this season.[loveboost]
Hopefully it gives us a few days of no rain.
Long range the temps should be good. It would be nice if it was dry also.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Hopefully it gives us a few days of no rain.
Long range the temps should be good. It would be nice if it was dry also.
Showing -730DA right now

OP
HighHorseman

HighHorseman

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
TopCat
Thread Starter #49
Sorry the existence of this product has seemed to so drastically hinder the well being of some of you guys :LOL:

To clear the air a bit - We recommend a tune for anything, especially when adding boost. We wrote the book on most things Hellcat and our number 1 priority is not harming a car up when it comes to installing parts, putting builds together, etc. We can never guarantee anything that has anything to do with your vehicles warranty, nor would we ever take on the full liability of the life of a modified vehicle. Welcome to the world of performance and aftermarket parts ladies and gents, some of you may be new here ;).

That being said; some pretty extensive testing was done by the manufacturer with this product, and the guys at Litens aren't a group of kids re-branding a product in their garage. They're a team of engineers and professionals with the same level/grade of equipment to test these things. There's a reason Chrysler chose to have them manufacturer the pulley that comes on the Hellcat platform vehicles from the factory. With that all considered, we trust their testing and their claims, but you bet your butt it'll be safer with tuning.

All of that aside we're one of the largest parts distributors in the Gen 3 Hemi market. If there's a decent product that exists we try our best to carry and sell it. We've sold quite a handful of the 3.17" units so I'm surprised more folks haven't put up more results with them - though there are exponentially more folks posting on Facebook groups than there are forums. If we come across any additional results we'll be sure to post them here and we'll have our own results here shortly!

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Sorry the existence of this product has seemed to so drastically hinder the well being of some of you guys :LOL:

To clear the air a bit - We recommend a tune for anything, especially when adding boost. We wrote the book on most things Hellcat and our number 1 priority is not harming a car up when it comes to installing parts, putting builds together, etc. We can never guarantee anything that has anything to do with your vehicles warranty, nor would we ever take on the full liability of the life of a modified vehicle. Welcome to the world of performance and aftermarket parts ladies and gents, some of you may be new here ;).

That being said; some pretty extensive testing was done by the manufacturer with this product, and the guys at Litens aren't a group of kids re-branding a product in their garage. They're a team of engineers and professionals with the same level/grade of equipment to test these things. There's a reason Chrysler chose to have them manufacturer the pulley that comes on the Hellcat platform vehicles from the factory. With that all considered, we trust their testing and their claims, but you bet your butt it'll be safer with tuning.

All of that aside we're one of the largest parts distributors in the Gen 3 Hemi market. If there's a decent product that exists we try our best to carry and sell it. We've sold quite a handful of the 3.17" units so I'm surprised more folks haven't put up more results with them - though there are exponentially more folks posting on Facebook groups than there are forums. If we come across any additional results we'll be sure to post them here and we'll have our own results here shortly!
Thanks for the reply.
My concern is low DA. I mean low, as in while you guys are running at Atco in Nov. I'm up here in roughly 500 ft lower Da. If I ran only in worse weather I would have less reservations.
Looking forward to your results.

OP
HighHorseman

HighHorseman

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
TopCat
Thread Starter #51
Thanks for the reply.
My concern is low DA. I mean low, as in while you guys are running at Atco in Nov. I'm up here in roughly 500 ft lower Da. If I ran only in worse weather I would have less reservations.
Looking forward to your results.
Definitely a concern, though @TeamDemon is also up north in a similar neck of the woods and has done testing on his Demon and Hellcat. Maybe he can chime in with some more details for the time being.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Georges
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 HellCat 2018 Demon
I have spoke with two shops and both don't advise running this without a tune.
Up to
Man, the politics must be different up in your neck of the woods. Was it all of the "we don't make false promises" type stuff we said? :ROFLMAO:

Definitely a concern, though @TeamDemon is also up north in a similar neck of the woods and has done testing on his Demon and Hellcat. Maybe he can chime in with some more details for the time being.
Ask a question and I'll do what I can to provide an answer

Member ID
Reactions
City
Georges
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 HellCat 2018 Demon
Up to

Ask a question and I'll do what I can to provide an answer
I have various log files as well

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
@HighHorseman "Welcome to the world of performance and aftermarket parts ladies and gents, some of you may be new here ;). " That made me chuckle haha.

@TeamDemon I'd be curious if you've looked at the IDC stock and with the 3.17 at WOT as well as the fuel trims in the same scenario. I think a data log with the pulley would be help for some. Loving my 2.72 HR though ;)

Member ID
Reactions
City
Georges
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 HellCat 2018 Demon
@HighHorseman "Welcome to the world of performance and aftermarket parts ladies and gents, some of you may be new here ;). " That made me chuckle haha.

@TeamDemon I'd be curious if you've looked at the IDC stock and with the 3.17 at WOT as well as the fuel trims in the same scenario. I think a data log with the pulley would be help for some. Loving my 2.72 HR though ;)
Send me your email

Member ID
Reactions
City
Georges
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 HellCat 2018 Demon

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
What part of Canada are you in?
Quebec, not far from Ontario. I run at Napierville dragway

Member ID
Reactions
City
Georges
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 HellCat 2018 Demon
Quebec, not far from Ontario. I run at Napierville dragway
Similar to Toronto, we may have spoken before

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Similar to Toronto, we may have spoken before
Maybe it's possible.
I now have 3 members from out your way that come here to run. Next weekend there are supposed to be 4 trying for new pb.
Our weather is a little cooler than out your way. The 4 that are coming down ran at Grandbend a few wks ago in 1700 + da , and I was here running in -300. LOL
Tomorrow morning when I get to the track it should be -800 or so.
Which is why I asked about the effects of low DA.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Maybe it's possible.
I was here running in -300. LOL Tomorrow morning when I get to the track it should be -800 or so.
You lucky ba#@&rd!

My car hasn't made any more boost in low DA vs high. I didn't see it stock, and I FOR SURE haven't seen it with the 2.72. I've run this 2.72 in 90 degree heat and 50 degree cool air and it makes 16.5psi no matter what. May not 100% answer the fueling question in DA changes, but at least from a boost perspective it should be the same based on my experience with data logging to back it up.